Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Irish Rugby Jersey

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,255 ✭✭✭anonymous_joe

Depp wrote: »
    don't shoot me or anything but i prefer the new shade of green

So do I tbh.

It seems more threatening than the old shade or something. It's richer and more powerful looking I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Depp

and for people who spout sh1te like "its not traditional" have you seen the jerseys from the 70s etc, there much darker

• Registered Users Posts: 21,244 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

A few old jerseys on this page

Ireland match worn Wallace McMaster #11 jersey
    Ireland v New Zealand 10 - 10
    International Test Match, Lansdowne Road, Dublin, 20 January 1973

image073.jpg

eoin wrote: »
    A few old jerseys on this page

Ireland match worn Wallace McMaster #11 jersey
    Ireland v New Zealand 10 - 10
    International Test Match, Lansdowne Road, Dublin, 20 January 1973

image073.jpg

That is SOOOOOOO cool!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 jimbos

Does anybody know the actual release date for the jersey???

• Advertisement

awards thend of august i beleive

• Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭Hyperbullet

I'm sort of suprised there hasnt been a photo released of it yet, would've thought some form of advertising would have started by mid July for an August release.

should be soon id say, will have more money to buy the test one due to the standard of the munster one

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

chupacabra wrote: »
    This just in lads, leaked photo graphs of the new irish Jersey for the 09/10 season, modeled here by the captain Brian O'Driscoll.

2nbrbb8.jpg

Looks alright.

This is so good, it deserves another mention. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,887 ✭✭✭✭Riskymove

This is so good, it deserves another mention. :D

it can't be BOD...there's no Poweraid bottle

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 Stereo-D

Just came across this new Puma Ireland shirt for sale on ruggers.com while having a snoop, it looks like the real deal??? Not sure if I like it.. :rolleyes:

Have a look anyways..

http://www.ruggers.com/newirhoje.html

• Registered Users Posts: 10,887 ✭✭✭✭Riskymove

confirmed as a photoshop effort by IRFU

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Stereo-D

Really,

They are taking their time with this one, would have been nice to have the new kit to wear on me summer hols.. Cheers for clearing that up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Fagan1993

whens the jersey being released!?! dont they've to preview before releasing?? they'd want to do it quick b4 the matchs against the southern teams start or noone will have the jersey

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭crimsonfire

All of those concepts for the Puma Ireland jersey are rotten. Puma isn't what you would call a "rugby brand" anyway. I associate them more with bloody football. The last Canterbury jersey was great. I have the one with all the rubbery stuff on it and I feel like an effin tank in it haha. I'd be interested to see if they can pull it off but until I see the jersey is revealed I'll continue to naysay.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 943 ✭✭✭OldJay

until I see the jersey is revealed I'll continue to naysay.

How Irish.

You haven't seen any "concepts" on the new shirt yet. All that has been shown to the public is the training gear used at the two camps which doesn't see the retail side of things anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭odin_ie

Seems to be the new training Jersey...surprised nobody posted it sooner

Players_generalview_Irelandtraining_UUJ.jpg

From the IRFU site

• Registered Users Posts: 21,244 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

It's been posted a few times, but maybe that was in the other jersey thread.

Justind wrote: »
    How Irish.

You haven't seen any "concepts" on the new shirt yet. All that has been shown to the public is the training gear used at the two camps which doesn't see the retail side of things anyway.

Of course it's Irish. We're a nation of misery guts and begrudgers :D.
    odin_ie wrote: »
    Seems to be the new training Jersey...surprised nobody posted it sooner

Players_generalview_Irelandtraining_UUJ.jpg

From the IRFU site

I can officially shut my trap. That's actually not bad. Remains to be seen what kind of colour they'll go with for the actual test jersey. It would be a nice jersey if they took the green from the little shoulder stripes on the training jersey and made that the primary colour while making those stripes white. In fact thats the only scheme that would like right to me. Unless theres another colour that would look good with that shade of green.

its finally here :D woo i like it... sum people are saying it looks the exact same as the old its not really.. wat yous think??
    IRFUPUMA_jersey_launch.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭Julesie

It's up on Lovells now.

Still some products awaiting pictures though and it seems the jersey won't be available for delivery until 8th October.

I have to say it's not nearly as bad as I thought it was going to be.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,772 ✭✭✭toomevara

Fagan1993 wrote: »
    its finally here :D woo i like it... sum people are saying it looks the exact same as the old its not really.. wat yous think??

Don't post in text speak. You have a keyboard. Use it.

Thats not too bad actually. Very similar to the old one. Kind of looks like a modern skintight version of the old amateur-era jersey with the simple colour scheme and shade of green.

toomevara wrote: »
    Don't post in text speak. You have a keyboard. Use it.
    its just quicker.. its how i instant message.. i'm so sorry :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭murphym7

I was afraid of this, its not very Fat friendly!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 943 ✭✭✭OldJay

murphym7 wrote: »
    I was afraid of this, its not very Fat friendly!!

Same deal as last time. Playing shirt replica is player-fitting and the retail range will be looser as the last range was.
    So no need to worry :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭mikedragon32

Justind wrote: »
    Same deal as last time. Playing shirt replica is player-fitting and the retail range will be looser as the last range was.
    So no need to worry :)
    Even with the looser fit some of us still have to worry. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭Santa Claus

Even with the looser fit some of us still have to worry. :(

they're going up to 3XL so no need for any retired props to worry :p

All in all, I'm quite happy with the new jersey although it's practically identical to the canterbury skintight efforts. The black training one looks great, i'm sure it'll be a big seller !

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭Tom10

Not a whole lot to it. Decided I would get it a few months back but looking at it now i'm thinking probably no. Might change my mind when I see it up close though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,413 ✭✭✭chupacabra

chupacabra wrote: »
    This just in lads, leaked photo graphs of the new irish Jersey for the 09/10 season, modeled here by the captain Brian O'Driscoll.

2nbrbb8.jpg

Looks alright.

Ah man i wasnt far off. :pac:

Advertisement