Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Brooding Corner

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

Whatever it is I fully endorse his message. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,746 ✭✭✭✭FewFew

Have you been drinking today Few? :p Or not drinking enough? One or the other.

What are you even talking about... no YOU'RE A TOWEL!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

Sky+ box has just had a f***ing aneurysm :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭Asry

Real life SUCKS MONKEY BALLZ!!! I want to go back to college (again) and take the longest I possibly can to do a PhD. Working 40 hours a week is for losers! I'd way prefer footnoting to this, and I'm not even kidding.

Although.

Having money for the first time ever is pretty good.

I want money and to study stuff!

Not being a scientist or something USEFUL *also* sucks MONKEY BALLZ. If I had some sort useful research to do, I'd get loads of funding but nooooooooooooooo. I had to do a ********* MA in WRITING for God's sake.

Arrgghhh!!!!!:mad::mad::mad::mad:

I feel your pain Asry. That's what I aspire to: being able to study while being finacially secure. :pac: I'd like to go back because again, like you, I spent 4 years doing something that is absolutely useless to me. But I only finished in September, so I can't really go back for a few years.

Life sucks!

• Advertisement

Asry wrote: »
    I had to do a ********* MA in WRITING for God's sake.

Arrgghhh!!!!!:mad::mad::mad::mad:

We talking creative writing or journalism? Eitherway, get writing. I get where you're coming from, I went straight from college into a steady job, but have also taken to writing novels. Feels like every hour in work takes away from my writing time. I'd love to go back and do an MA in creative writing, but then money raises its ugly head as per usual.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Konata wrote: »
    Yea. The first time it went away itself, the second time it didn't so I went to the doctor. Turns out I had a really bad infection so I was on antibiotics for that. Then it happened again and I went straight to the doctor and she gave me drops to loosen the wax in my ear. I think I'll go back again tomorrow to see if there's something else up :/

I had a similar problem. Doctor recommended a sort of ear drill technique which he was able to do right there and then in his office. They basically pop this thing that looks a bit like a syringe into your ear, its squirts out warm water and vibrates rapidly. despite my weird description it didn't hurt at all. It does however make you feel a bit dizzy for a half an hour after, but totally worth it.
    I got a bit of a shock when I looked into the bowl where the wax was being collected. Great big clumps, looked like poo! :eek:

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

Its called ear syringing, although it doesn't involve penetration or needles :confused::P

Galvasean wrote: »
    I looked into the bowl where the wax was being collected. Great big clumps, looked like poo! :eek:

Perhaps the issue was you putting poo in your ears in the first place. Silly.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,811 ✭✭✭BaconZombie

MsoOU.jpg

• Advertisement

Fewcifur wrote: »
    We talking creative writing or journalism? Eitherway, get writing. I get where you're coming from, I went straight from college into a steady job, but have also taken to writing novels. Feels like every hour in work takes away from my writing time. I'd love to go back and do an MA in creative writing, but then money raises its ugly head as per usual.

A bit of both, but mostly creative writing. Fiction and playwriting, really.

I do need to write. I lost my will to do it somewhere about a year ago and can't get it back again! I need self esteem bootcamp :D

Stupid money, as usual.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

I need self esteem bootcamp :D

You're awesome and only fools think otherwise.

*Nods*

A bit of both, but mostly creative writing. Fiction and playwriting, really.

I do need to write. I lost my will to do it somewhere about a year ago and can't get it back again! I need self esteem bootcamp :D

Stupid money, as usual.

Go over to the Creative Writing forum and take part in The Arena. It's a creative writing-off, we're talking 600 words... you can do that right? So, y'know, go forth and win. I have faith.

aww thanks guys :) Maybe I will! That'd be fun like. It's hard to work away hard at something if it's just you on your own. For me anyway! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭squishykins

Finally dared to look at my bank statement, it's a lot lower than I expected...If I don't get a job within the next 2 weeks I'm in a lot of ****...And considering I've now been looking for over a year I'm not the most hopeful. It's a ****ing joke.

Finally dared to look at my bank statement, it's a lot lower than I expected...If I don't get a job within the next 2 weeks I'm in a lot of ****...And considering I've now been looking for over a year I'm not the most hopeful. It's a ****ing joke.

It's the Summer, sure you can find some seasonal work that'll brighten up the balance if a longterm part-time job is still elusive. I even remember berry picking one Summer, hardwork but tis still money.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Futurecrook

If it makes you feel any better I currently have 66cent in my bank account. It's a total joke. I can't do anything. I'm slightly going out of my mind being stuck at home.

It's the Summer, sure you can find some seasonal work that'll brighten up the balance if a longterm part-time job is still elusive. I even remember berry picking one Summer, hardwork but tis still money.

Where is this seasonal work you speak of? Please point me towards it! (btw that's not sarcasm, please show me!)

Where is this seasonal work you speak of? Please point me towards it! (btw that's not sarcasm, please show me!)

I only mentioned it in passing, but there are actually loads of berry farms that look for Summer work. Not great pay, but certainly pay. Might be an idea looking at other seasonal stuff such as Summer camps. You've got a way with music right? Sure you can apply to work at one of those music camps etc. Also maybe get in touch with a temping agency, I have friends who used to do so during Summer hols from college, you get sent to fill in in offices while their full time staff go on annual leave etc.

You make interesting points Fewci, I never thought of summer schools...hmmmmm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,419 ✭✭✭✭jokettle

Waiting on exam results. Think I passed 2, failed 1. Never failed a college exam before.

I'm a ball of nerves, and these exams don't even matter. Urgh.

jokettle wrote: »
    Waiting on exam results. Think I passed 2, failed 1. Never failed a college exam before.

I'm a ball of nerves, and these exams don't even matter. Urgh.

You strike me as one of these super smart kids that always go "Oh no, I failed my leaving" only to be photographed for the paper with their 8A1s! :p

I'm sure you'll be grand, otherwise my whole Jokettle Double Doctor comic series is focked!

Passed 2 exams, failed one.

I hate that type, Few :P I only moan about exams when I'm genuinely nervous!

Loads of other people failed one or more exams, so that's something at least :)

Passed 2 exams, failed one.

I hate that type, Few :P I only moan about exams when I'm genuinely nervous!

Loads of other people failed one or more exams, so that's something at least :)

Hah, yeah, you don't come across as that type, but someone had to say something to soothe your rage. The world quakes when.. oh look there's a mint crisp. Handy.

When you say they don't matter... what are they for? Just like a mock exam? Do you call them mocks? Do you get to say "I totally got 76% in the mocks!" etc. ? Are you really in fact just slightly older than Boom and hence doing your junior cert? So many questions.

It's a postgraduate diploma in statistics that I don't really need but is nice to have on my CV. I couldn't take enough time off from my PhD to study for the exams, because PhD > diploma. I'll take a week at the end of the summer to study and finally nail this biatch.

Can I have some mint crisp please?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,164 ✭✭✭Konata

You strike me as one of these super smart kids that always go "Oh no, I failed my leaving" only to be photographed for the paper with their 8A1s! :p

This was totally never me >_>

Ah no, I never said I'd failed cause I knew I hadn't but it used to seriously piss me off in school whenever I'd say something like "Oh I found this bit really hard, I'm not sure if I did it right" - being totally genuine - and everyone would dismiss me immediately with a "Ah here Sinead, you're going to get an A1 in this anyway". Talk about pressure, not to mention serious aggravation!

Just cause you get good results in school doesn't mean you don't find some things hard. I nearly wished I had failed stuff just to show people I could >_< I had enough sense not to but still... tempting...

Just a view from the other side :D

It's a postgraduate diploma in statistics that I don't really need but is nice to have on my CV. I couldn't take enough time off from my PhD to study for the exams, because PhD > diploma. I'll take a week at the end of the summer to study and finally nail this biatch.

Can I have some mint crisp please?

Hey everybody likes statistics right guys? Yeah totally! Awesome.

Oh so it doesn't matter in the greater scheme of things, but it did actually count for something? Ok, I see I see. Sure yeah, go thrash its ass in the Autumn. Gotsta love Trinity and their lack of charge for a repeat! :)
    You better get the diploma, you need to get ALL the letters after your name!

Also, yes, you can always have mint crisp, nobody should deny it from you, even Mags and his disapproving anti-mint crisp eyes.
    Konata wrote: »
    I nearly wished I had failed stuff just to show people I could >_< I had enough sense not to but still... tempting...

Just a view from the other side :D

Wow Lisa, now that you failed something I instantly find you more likeable. :D

Also, Sinead is a pretty name.

I got tipsy and now I don't care about the exam anymore :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭boomkatalog

I get my final results monday. I think I'll cry if I don't do as well as I'd like. That's super lame. :/

Drinking to forget your results you say? Interesting.....

• Advertisement

I get my final results monday. I think I'll cry if I don't do as well as I'd like. That's super lame. :/

Drinking to forget your results you say? Interesting.....

You've gotten a job within your chosen sector. The way I see it, you're already a champ, regardless of what your results say on Monday. :)

Advertisement