Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Brooding Corner

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

Noc Beers attempted - 2
    Noc Beers attended - 0

Extremely down and dangerously angsty today, the Athens-esque humidity crushing what little hope I had left. Waiting on a call back from Tuds that never came for two long hours having been ordered not to go to bed was the icing on the cake yesterday... :(

I think I should cut all social contact with Boards, all I ever do is cause some variety of hurt and calamity both on- and off-line... :(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,964 ✭✭✭ToniTuddle

Solitaire wrote: »
    Noc Beers attempted - 2
    Noc Beers attended - 0

Extremely down and dangerously angsty today, the Athens-esque humidity crushing what little hope I had left. Waiting on a call back from Tuds that never came for two long hours having been ordered not to go to bed was the icing on the cake yesterday... :(

I think I should cut all social contact with Boards, all I ever do is cause some variety of hurt and calamity both on- and off-line... :(

Awww Sally!!! When I landed back I technically fell asleep for like 15 mins and then Hyperbullet and The Gnome woke me up. Was soo drunk!

Soooooooooooo sorry!! If only I had looked at me phone sooner in Lafayettes I'd have seen yer text. Had been waiting all evening to hear from ya or for you to see us playing Kings in the lobby from about 7:30 until 10! Then told everyone in the pub to keep an ear out if they hear anyone say their name is Solitare! >.<

Next beers is Wolfies and we have the numbers now so no mishaps and beers shall be properly attended too! :)

It was just amazing that Touch would decide to bail out on me on the one night where I was most likely to have critical PMs needin' a'readin! I think I must have used half the unsecured wifi spots in dublin 2 last night endlessly logging in! :eek: Sorted its sh!t out after five looooooooooong hours, but calling anyone at half 12 is a mad gamble and as usual it didn't pay off at which point my other two Boardsies just gave up on the night and headed home :(

I could have sworn I saw Otis and (possibly) CC in the smoking area which was why we stayed and ordered the cocktails, but when we got back there were no familiar faces at all! :eek: You and stupi may have changed your styles since you put up photies but Galva is like a living landmark and I just didn't see him anywhere in that damn wannabe-nightclub :o

I swear, GrabOne is eeeeeeeeeeevil!!!! :eek:

It was just amazing that Touch would decide to bail out on me on the one night where I was most likely to have critical PMs needin' a'readin! I think I must have used half the unsecured wifi spots in dublin 2 last night endlessly logging in! :eek: Sorted its sh!t out after five looooooooooong hours, but calling anyone at half 12 is a mad gamble and as usual it didn't pay off at which point my other two Boardsies just gave up on the night and headed home :(

I could have sworn I saw Otis and (possibly) CC in the smoking area which was why we stayed and ordered the cocktails, but when we got back there were no familiar faces at all! :eek: You and stupi may have changed your styles since you put up photies but Galva is like a living landmark and I just didn't see him anywhere in that damn wannabe-nightclub :o

I swear, GrabOne is eeeeeeeeeeevil!!!! :eek:

Damn the other two Boardsies! Why didn't they stay out the lightweights :p
    Yeah you definitely would have seen them out there and anyone they were speaking to would have been Boardsies. Did ya not see or hear the loudmouth chick with black hair and glasses running around in a dress n leggings with an ankle support on while also wearing wee heels :pac: That would have been meeeee! :D

You didn't head downstairs to that nightclub part though did you? As we all stayed up on main floor around the bar and general area near the bar and avoided downstairs.

Galva didn't land in until well later on as far as I remember as he had other things to do first.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

Ugh, just realised that my work placement ends in a week that's not gonna be a nice experience for me. Damn time, reminding you of ****ty moments. :pac:

• Advertisement

ToniTuddle wrote: »
    Damn the other two Boardsies! Why didn't they stay out the lightweights :p

Because one of them is a lightweight! :D:P And she had half a bottle of wine before coming out and pretty much downing a Dirty Wizard. We didn't know whether to be worried or try to hold back giggles at the result :o:p
    Yeah you definitely would have seen them out there and anyone they were speaking to would have been Boardsies. Did ya not see or hear the loudmouth chick with black hair and glasses running around in a dress n leggings with an ankle support on while also wearing wee heels :pac: That would have been meeeee! :D

I didn't see you!! :(
    You didn't head downstairs to that nightclub part though did you? As we all stayed up on main floor around the bar and general area near the bar and avoided downstairs.

I thought there was some function down there so we didn't go down there at all! I thought Otis was down there as he said he'd been in since 8-ish but I didn't see him on the ground floor on my first pass of the place around 9!
    Galva didn't land in until well later on as far as I remember as he had other things to do first.

Sure a certain someone wound up coming in three-and-a-half hours late so I didn't actually drink in there until half 10! :o

Was stupi even there? Thought I'd have recognised her a mile off!

Sure a certain someone wound up coming in three-and-a-half hours late so I didn't actually drink in there until half 10! :o

Was stupi even there? Thought I'd have recognised her a mile off!

Sure we didn't land in until 10 or there abouts and we were hanging about the bar for first good while :D

Stupi came in along with me, parkerkent,busi_girl,allan, CupcakeCrisis,That Guy we were all drinking at the hostel. I didn't recognise one dude as his hair was cut and another dude has his hair was darker!

Were you and your two mates drinking in your rooms or the lobby?

• Registered Users Posts: 872 ✭✭✭micayla

Owwie my feet are sore :(

• Registered Users Posts: 12,746 ✭✭✭✭FewFew

Noc Beers attempted - 2
    Noc Beers attended - 0

It's ok, this was a Gentleman's Club beers, so no need to add that to the scoreboard. I landed in by 10 o' clock and at that stage the place was crammed with Boardsies. You should have hazarded a "Hi, this might sound odd, but are you from boards?" to at least get the lay of the land. Nothing ventured nothing gained.

I very nearly did! :eek: But shyness (AKA common sense) intervened :o I actually joked about doing it with the two Boardsies I was with :p

• Advertisement

I very nearly did! :eek: But shyness (AKA common sense) intervened :o I actually joked about doing it with the two Boardsies I was with :p

You were with two other boardsies? Sure that's a party right there.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,811 ✭✭✭BaconZombie

Solitaire next time look for the guy wearing black with a large beard, I'm normally not that hard to miss excessively in a "trendy" club/pub.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Futurecrook

Large beard is somewhat of an understatement.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

Would ya shave all over for charity BZ? :pac::pac::pac::pac:

I don't think ANYONE wants to see that!!!
    LZ5by5 wrote: »
    Would ya shave all over for charity BZ? :pac::pac::pac::pac:

I don't think ANYONE wants to see that!!!

I'm quite curious...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Futurecrook

I would totally sponsor you to shave the beard off, as, I'm sure, would many other nocs. :pac:

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 47,792 Mod ✭✭✭✭cyberwolf77

I'll bring my share next week.

Fecking Hell....

Look like Smart Telecom have been stealking 42e from my account since Aug 2009 !!!!
    Even after I canceled my account and asked the bank to cancel the direct debit!?!?

• Moderators Posts: 9,368 ✭✭✭The_Morrigan

Fecking Hell....

Look like Smart Telecom have been stealking 42e from my account since Aug 2009 !!!!
    Even after I canceled my account and asked the bank to cancel the direct debit!?!?

Crikey - how did you not spot that??

Just so ya know, banks can't cancel the direct debit, you have to send written instruction to the company that is drawing from your account!
    Getting the bank to cancel is just a belts & braces approach to the whole affair, but they cannot stop the company drawing if you have not actually cancelled it with them.

• Advertisement

Just so ya know, banks can't cancel the direct debit, you have to send written instruction to the company that is drawing from your account!
    Getting the bank to cancel is just a belts & braces approach to the whole affair, but they cannot stop the company drawing if you have not actually cancelled it with them.

Reeeeeally? So, best not to sign any direct debits with corrupt companies I guess

Fewcifur wrote: »
    Reeeeeally? So, best not to sign any direct debits with corrupt companies I guess

Yes really!

Ten long years of working in finance has given me this knowledge (Christ I'm old :()

Companies can also setup direct debits with you signing ANYTHING and do not have to provide any backup.

If you don't question the first withdraw then the banks that it as a valid setup!?!?!
    But there is nothing spotting them taking out .01c or 1e, waiting 6 months them take 100e or even 10,000e.

Companies can also setup direct debits with you signing ANYTHING and do not have to provide any backup.

If you don't question the first withdraw then the banks that it as a valid setup!?!?!
    But there is nothing spotting them taking out .01c or 1e, waiting 6 months them take 100e or even 10,000e.

I would argue that to the death unless there was a clause in the contract you initially signed...say like a mobile phone operater.

Get onto the company and look for a copy of all your customer information under the Data Protection Act.
    It maybe a long haul for you to go through everything to see whether the error is with them or with you, but you're due about a grand so might be worth it!
    Make sure everything is in writing and you have a copy of all correspondence in case they decide to fob you off.

We should set up a special thread called "The Morrigan Answers All..." :)

We should set up a special thread called "The Morrigan Answers All..." :)

I'm wise in my old age Few, all these financial and legal studies I've put myself through ya know....

AAAAARRRGGGGHHHHHHHH

:mad::mad::mad::mad:

:eek:

Please elaborate?

:eek:

Please elaborate?

ah just someone giving me sh*t and I've no idea why - but apparently I've been "warned".

:mad:

• Advertisement

Warned?!? By who?? :eek:

Advertisement