Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Brooding Corner

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭Dord

Maguined wrote: »
    Er yeah sorry about that but it came in handy for a monster session at the gym, also made me feel taller.

Spent all day in work on a boring training course, okay not all of it was boring but the useful interesting stuff for me I will never be able to apply to my job because of stupid IT policies that even our IT staff think are stupid!

You jammy git! :p

I spent 1 & 1/2 hrs in a web conference today with someone on something that it turns out could have been easily resolved in a bloody email. They completely over complicated it. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 872 ✭✭✭micayla

That sucks dude:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭Dord

Bus broke down around from saint pats cathedral, waiting to even hear if another bus is coming, don't even have the change to go get a different bus home.

Feck.

Maybe if you explain they will let you use your ticket on another bus, or just wait for the replacement. :confused: It's quite crappy though. Boo-urns...boo-urns.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,746 ✭✭✭✭FewFew

Dord wrote: »
    I spent 1 & 1/2 hrs in a web conference today with someone on something that it turns out could have been easily resolved in a bloody email. They completely over complicated it. :rolleyes:

Was it a case of "turn it off and on again" ? Because my god, I've had that said to me so much this week by IT, and in fairness it does work every time, which they take as a victory, but they fail to notice the system slowly falling apart around them. Even so, I'm still left remembering the IT Crowd and thinking "damn, I'm one of those knobs on the fifth floor! :("

Fewcifur wrote: »
    Was it a case of "turn it off and on again" ? Because my god, I've had that said to me so much this week by IT, and in fairness it does work every time, which they take as a victory, but they fail to notice the system slowly falling apart around them. Even so, I'm still left remembering the IT Crowd and thinking "damn, I'm one of those knobs on the fifth floor! :("

We just do that in work until it works :pac: If it doesn't work after the 5th time then we put in a call to HO who put in a call to the IT company who then take about a week to get back to us! The joys of outsourcing!

• Advertisement

micayla wrote: »
    We just do that in work until it works :pac: If it doesn't work after the 5th time then we put in a call to HO who put in a call to the IT company who then take about a week to get back to us! The joys of outsourcing!

Yeah, if only we had some outsourcing going on, then we could terminate contracts, but no no, civil service productivity fo' life. Though, to be fair, they're not terrible, they just assume that whenever something goes wrong it's the user's fault or that we're lying about the symptoms, or they have to get the guy on contract... so I guess in a way it does all come back to outsourcing :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭boomkatalog

Babies babies everywhere oh what an awful stink.

Won't be seeing my family for a fortnight, it's a long time since I've done that. :(

*HUGS* for Boom, being away from home does get easier:)

I've become an awful home bird! My father said something about calling to the apartment for tea this week though so that should be wonderfully awkward and fun! :p

I'm just sad because I know this is just the start of it, my eldest brother never sees any of us, really don't wanna end up like that.

Once you find your feet up here you'll be able to plan seeing them more often. I go home twice a year but I don't mind that. Once I get a car though I know I'll be able to visit a bit more often:)

• Advertisement

micayla wrote: »
    Once you find your feet up here you'll be able to plan seeing them more often. I go home twice a year but I don't mind that. Once I get a car though I know I'll be able to visit a bit more often:)

Oh jesus, I was thinking twice a month! :eek: Until August I have a friend driving up and down every weekend so it shouldn't be too bad for the first few months anyway.

Oh jesus, I was thinking twice a month! :eek: Until August I have a friend driving up and down every weekend so it shouldn't be too bad for the first few months anyway.

Heh that's an improvement on four years ago when they used to see me once a year, at Christmas:P I'm not a home bird and I do talk to them on the phone a lot, it's just hard to go down when you're depending on public transport.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,247 ✭✭✭Maguined

I'm not a home bird at all, which makes it extra sucky moving back in this last long while, when I was away could easily go months without a visit or a phone call.

Need to get out again, need my freedom.

I'm not a home bird at all, which makes it extra sucky moving back in this last long while, when I was away could easily go months without a visit or a phone call.

Need to get out again, need my freedom.

House-hunt not going well?

House hunt is only going half hearted as while I want to move out there is an awful lot of crappy places out there so want to take the time to get somewhere nice.

Then again the fecking around Dublin bus has done to my bus route is giving me more incentive to move to a different area. Stupid new route. :mad:

House hunt is only going half hearted as while I want to move out there is an awful lot of crappy places out there so want to take the time to get somewhere nice.

Then again the fecking around Dublin bus has done to my bus route is giving me more incentive to move to a different area. Stupid new route. :mad:

:( *HUGS* for Mags too! Yea finding a decent place in Dublin is hard.

If I am being honest I am probably being fairly picky as well, I have spent years paying big rents for ****ty places back in the boom days so I need to wise up and make sure I am spending my money wisely.

If I am being honest I am probably being fairly picky as well, I have spent years paying big rents for ****ty places back in the boom days so I need to wise up and make sure I am spending my money wisely.

I'm with you on being picky, I'm the same. If I'm gonna be paying to live somewhere it better not be a dump!

If you're thinking about doing it anytime soon it's probably go time in the next month or so, when all the students move out and before they come back. I started renting in August and it was really tough finding a decent spot at that time of the year.

Yeah I have noticed that myself over the years however I don't think it will affect me too much this year as I will be looking for shared places that already has a couple of people already living there where in the past I would be getting a completely empty new letting so you would be dealing with student competition.

Damn pesky students. :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,365 ✭✭✭spoonbadger

>.>

• Moderators Posts: 51,733 ✭✭✭✭Delirium

Farewell Roza, you were a sweetheart.

I didn't have much interaction with her on boards, it was only through the Nocts beers where I'd any chat with her. But I do remember two instances that stick out for me especially.

The first was at the first Noct beers, which I went to after about 10 posts in the forum and not really knowing anyone. She went out of her way to make me feel welcome in a room of interweb strangers. She just had the ability to make a person smile.

The second was at another beers. She was there and had brought one of her friends. The two of them spent a lot of time just laughing, and I just thought they were wired to the moon.

She was just such a kind, welcoming, funny person. The sort that really makes an impression on you. And judging by the the threads on boards, I'm not the only who thought very highly of her.

RIP Roza. You'll be missed. :(

If you can read this, you're too close!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,821 ✭✭✭RxQueen

RIP Roe x

• Registered Users Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Futurecrook

Oh Roe, she was so mischievous. She'd turn up to beers and insist I drink shots with her. Nerin came over once to see what we were doing and her response (with a massive grin on her face) was 'I'm getting your girlfriend drunk.' :D

One night, after having only met her once before, I ran into her outside Fibbers while I was waiting for friends. She insisted I come inside with her and her friends, introduced me to all of them and insisted I hang out until I was no longer a loner. :)

Roe's energy was infectious and you couldn't but have a good time if she was on a night out. She was one of the most friendly, welcoming people I've ever met. It's so hard to believe she's gone because she was more full of energy and life than most. RIP.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

So yesterday she tells me she wants to go steady.

Today she breaks up with me.

"Frailty thy name is woman!!!"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

Galvasean wrote: »

Bitch. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,727 ✭✭✭reallyrose

Would you like me to beat her up? I have a lot of pent up rage, I do.

**** OFF! Is this just a cruel joke, because your Fb status would suggest it was a cruel joke... don't toy with my emotions like that, you were an example to us all of how to get the cute girl... :(

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Fewcifur wrote: »
    **** OFF! Is this just a cruel joke, because your Fb status would suggest it was a cruel joke... don't toy with my emotions like that, you were an example to us all of how to get the cute girl... :(

ah that FB status is just to save face in front of the people from work.

• Advertisement

Forget her dude and go back to enjoying the fun of singledom and the endless possibilities of ladies in red dresses awaiting your pleasure.

Advertisement