Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Brooding Corner

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Brother broke the bridge thing on his guitar (I think that's what you call it). Her response was to tell everyone she was up at 6am and ask why was she expected to have a solution to everything, and then not speak to any of us for 20 minutes.

... o.o ...

:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

So your mam was mad because your brother broke the bridge on his guitar?

Lithium93_ wrote:
    So your mam was mad because your brother broke the bridge on his guitar?
    Basically, but she has a habit of overreacting. She was more upset than my brother and it's his guitar!

Basically, but she has a habit of overreacting. She was more upset than my brother and it's his guitar!

I think all mothers have a habit of over reacting.

Lithium93_ wrote:
    I think all mothers have a habit of over reacting.
    The worst part is the fear that if I ever have kids that I'll be the same!

• Advertisement

The worst part is the fear that if I ever have kids that I'll be the same!

Only time will tell i guess.

Lithium93_ wrote:
    Only time will tell i guess.
    True... :/

True... :/

Yup, besides your still young to be thinking about motherhood or worrying how your kids will turn out.

Yeah but I'm girl, we think about stuff.. way too much.. :o

Yeah but I'm girl, we think about stuff.. way too much.. :o

And that's where i think is THE PROBLEM, women have a habit of over thinking things.

• Advertisement

Quite difficult to stop tbh.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 47,791 Mod ✭✭✭✭cyberwolf77

Don't sweat the small stuff, and in the end it all small stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 8,614 ✭✭✭Mozzeltoff

I need a rant more than anything else here.

When I started going out with my OH I was introduced to his friend.I'll call her "Shelly" for the purpose of this post. At first, I thought she was all right, a bit mad in the head but all right. She used to call up to his apartment unannounced and want us both to go drinking with her or just hang out. I never thought anything of it as herself and my OH were friends for years and I wasn't about to step in the way of their friendship. I had no problem with her. She never seemed resentful and was always up for a bit of a laugh.

But as time went on I noticed she was getting a little colder and bitchier towards me. She made some passive aggressive remarks to me about my weight and about my relationship with OH. I ignored her. I couldn't have being bothered with her trying to sabotage me. I had a suspicion that she had feelings for my OH. Eventually I was told by a mutual friend of mine and Shelly's that yes, Shelly did in fact have feelings for my OH but he never saw her in that way. I was also told that Shelly had a hand in breaking up a previous relationship my OH was in with another girl. That other girl was apparently Shellys best friend and the two of them don't speak to each other anymore.

Anyway things between myself and himself were getting more and more serious and Shelly sorta backed off for a bit. She came down to the house one day and announced to us both that she was heading to America and would be staying over there for a while. We wished her the best of luck and two weeks later she left. She then added me on Facebook. I haven't seen the girl in over three years now. But the story doesn't end there.

As I said she's friends with myself and OH on Facebook. I notice that she writes on his wall from time to time asking how things are and what not. Last week she posted an old picture of herself and OH and tagged him in it. He has his arm around her shoulders. They look quite chummy. It's not the photo that pisses me off though but the comments. She started saying things like how "Hot and cute" he looked back then and then said this :"Wish you were here with me, things we could be doing ;)". Now I may come across as a jealous nut case here but I did see red.

Is she playing games, trying to provoke a reaction out of me, get me jealous, plant some doubt in my head about my OH? I didn't want to rise to her but I did comment back asking her straight out what was she playing at. She deleted her comment.

Last Thursday she posts another old photo of herself, OH and another guy. OH again has his arm around her. Same thing again with the "You look so hot in this photo". She then comments on a more recent picture of him with me saying "How sexy he still looks". Then this morning OH was checking his Facebook. Up she pops on chat. She tells him she'll be home for Christmas and that she's excited to see him. He asks her what's going on with all the flirty comments and she tells him it's whatever he wants it to be. He's asked her to stop but she's posted another photo of them together on a night out and again commenting the same **** on it.

He's getting pretty annoyed by it too because I am getting quite angry about all of this. I can't help it. I wish I was being a little bit more rational about it but I do have one hell of a temper. He assures me nothing is happening between them and nothing will happen. But that's not the issue. It's why is she doing this? Why is she trying to provoke me after all this time? Is she that bloody bored with her own life that she has to entertain herself by picking at us? I have messaged her since telling her to cop on and just leave things alone but all she's replied with is "whatever".

I am actually astonished at how brazen she is with all of this. In my near 28 years on this planet I have met some **** stirrers but this Shelly one seems to have out did them all. God help her at Christmas time is all I can say.

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Sounds like she is looking to cause trouble.

You & OH should cut all ties on Fb with her.

Mozz.. I am genuinely flabbergasted. Seriously, this woman is a nasty piece of work. I'd be annoyed that your OH doesn't really seem bothered by it tbh, I apologise if I'm out of line. If I were you I wouldn't reply to any of her comments and I'd tell your OH to do the same, the reaction is what she's looking for. If you don't react you'll annoy her far more. She's only delighted to know that she's getting under your skin so much.

Just nicked this from your rant Mozz, and i say DON'T FEED THE TROLL, she's trying to get a rise out of you and possibly prove to herself in some weird twisted way that you don't deserve your OH, Not sure if that makes any kinda of sense
    Is she playing games, trying to provoke a reaction out of me, get me jealous, plant some doubt in my head about my OH? I didn't want to rise to her but I did comment back asking her straight out what was she playing at. She deleted her comment.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I think the best way I can put it is: Bitch is crazy.

Your OH has no interest in her that way, and is in a relationship to boot, and she continues with this carry on? Sh*te stirring of the highest order.

Ted_YNWA wrote: »
    Sounds like she is looking to cause trouble.

You & OH should cut all ties on Fb with her.

I have so far. OH wants to actually delete his Facebook altogether. He was never a big fan of it and doesn't bother it with that much. Logs on once a day and that's just to look at stupid photos on See More. He's being threatening it now for the last few months but with all this **** now I think he's properly contemplating it.
    Mozz.. I am genuinely flabbergasted. Seriously, this woman is a nasty piece of work. I'd be annoyed that your OH doesn't really seem bothered by it tbh, I apologise if I'm out of line. If I were you I wouldn't reply to any of her comments and I'd tell your OH to do the same, the reaction is what she's looking for. If you don't react you'll annoy her far more. She's only delighted to know that she's getting under your skin so much.

It's not that he's not bothered but it's he just doesn't see the point in rising to her and I do see his point but I am more quick tempered than he is (tbh he's the more calm and collected type). He's made me bite my tongue a lot over this because he knows exactly what she's at. I am just the kind of person that when someone starts trying to pick on me like that I do want to fire with all guns. He's asked her to stop, told her her she was being disrespectful to us and just wants to sort it all out in a calm fashion.

She responded with another picture, another comment, a flippant remark to me and he's decided it's "Game over" with Facebook. As I said he's strongly in favour of deleting it.

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Just nicked this from your rant Mozz, and i say DON'T FEED THE TROLL, she's trying to get a rise out of you and possibly prove to herself in some weird twisted way that you don't deserve your OH, Not sure if that makes any kinda of sense

I get what you mean. And I know she's trying to get a rise out of me and yes, I know I shouldn't have risen to it and I wish I was that little bit more rational about it all but I am just too temperamental.
    Angron wrote: »
    I think the best way I can put it is: Bitch is crazy.

Your OH has no interest in her that way, and is in a relationship to boot, and she continues with this carry on? Sh*te stirring of the highest order.

One bored and cruel little bitch is all she is.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Rosie Rant

Is it possible that she's invented a little story for her new American friends?
    (If she's actually managed to convince anyone to be friends with her, that is?)
    A story about the "hot and sexy" ex she had to leave behind, your OH being the one who got away? That's what I thought when I read your post.

Seems pretty sad that she's trawling through old photos to find the cosiest ones of her and your OH. She's thousands of miles away so she can invent any kind of story she wants.

Your ex shouldn't delete his Facebook. He does need to be firmer with Miss Crazy though, block her on Facebook if it comes to that.

• Advertisement

Thanks for the advice but just to correct you, he's not my ex :o And if I play my cards right he never will be :o

He's being as firm as he can be with her to the point that he's told her to get bent and eff off. I have suggested blocking her multiple times but some part of him doesn't want to. I guess it's a little hard on him because she was essentially one of his best friends and he probably feels stuck in the middle.

He's never being a big fan of Facebook and as I said he has contemplated on getting rid of it but it's up to him. It's being a frigged up situation and I am not sure how things are going to pan out. I have her blocked. He has her deleted her from his Facebook and has all photos that he is tagged in under a review and confirm thing. God knows why she is doing it but it's nasty and savage.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Rosie Rant

Oops!! Sorry, didn't even see that when I read over the post! Really odd mistake!

Was feeling fine, and then today my mind decided I need to remember all of the failures of my past relationships, and now I feel like shít.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,738 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Ruminating :mad: http://9gag.com/gag/2242962

I meant this pic for Angron too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,891 ✭✭✭✭Hugo Stiglitz

So true Grem. That's totally me right now too.

• Registered Users, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 68,370 Mod ✭✭✭✭Grid.

Think we all do that at times!!:(

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,738 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Yup, beating ourselves up with stuff we can't change and happened in the past.. :(

^^ Yep. :(

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

This is the story pic of my life :(

Advertisement