Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Brooding Corner

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭sammyjo90

Its the ignoring me that's annoying/upsetting me.
    My two friends from home and i can go months with out even speaking and then once we are in the same place its like it was last week when we spoke last. And one of them decides today that im not even worth a text to say it wouldn't be a good idea sorry..
    i clearly value our friendship more than her and when she finally finishes college and the same happens to her i hope she realises how bad it is to be treated like this

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

If I were you I'd be half tempted to text and ask what her problem is but as we all know I'm a chicken so I'd let it slide...

Seriously though Sammy, it's her issue. It's not you. Some people can just be really crappy to other people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭kissmequick

Just had a random puking session with a horrific blinding headache near I dunno the back of my head, and now I randomly have the sniffles and can't stop sniffling. :/:( Lovely. :(

:(

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

***hugs for KMQ**

• Advertisement

Poor KMQ. I hope you're okay x

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,604 ✭✭✭writer_lady170

*hugs* for kmq, hope you're ok

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

*hugs* Poor quick, I also have a really weird dose atm so I know (some) of your misery :(

I still kind-of have it. :/ Feel so shaky and shivery now. :(:( Can't keep food down so not bothering eating really. Am fed-up but I'm boring myself now whinging lol so I better give it a rest!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,738 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

I still kind-of have it. :/ Feel so shaky and shivery now. :(:( Can't keep food down so not bothering eating really. Am fed-up but I'm boring myself now whinging lol so I better give it a rest!

Oh dear KMQ I hope whatever it is fecks off soon.. Have you been to a doc? Keep water in at least if you can. Also it's pure miserable being sick so don't think you're whingeing too much..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 642 ✭✭✭Bafucin

Assholes in college are making me want to become an asshole and punch everyone. (kidding obviously).

I have been swinging from crying to screaming into a pillow and punching a sofa for the past week.

I came down with something today and yesterday and a friend really came through for me. But I can tell it's draining I'm drained!

On monday I have to go into college and face same assholery and pretend it's not getting to me.

The more I dwell the worse I feel ...going to lollipop sunshine forum and maybe it will help.

I just know I am going to get drawn into a fierce row on Monday and I am dreading being asked to take sides.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,614 ✭✭✭Mozzeltoff

Bafucin wrote: »
    Assholes in college are making me want to become an asshole and punch everyone. (kidding obviously).

I have been swinging from crying to screaming into a pillow and punching a sofa for the past week.

I came down with something today and yesterday and a friend really came through for me. But I can tell it's draining I'm drained!

On monday I have to go into college and face same assholery and pretend it's not getting to me.

The more I dwell the worse I feel ...going to lollipop sunshine forum and maybe it will help.

I just know I am going to get drawn into a fierce row on Monday and I am dreading being asked to take sides.

Ok not 100% sure on what's going on with you but I am just going to focus on the bit that people are acting like assholes and in turn are making you feel like an asshole. My advice is don't mind them and don't rise to them. They sound like immature dicks anyway and if they want to fight, let them. They have the problem. I really don't understand why they would want you to pick sides. I don't know the situation but if you're all in college then these people should be old enough to have some cop on. Explain to both parties that you're keeping out of their problems and it's got nothing to do with you. Don't stress yourself out because it's not worth it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 642 ✭✭✭Bafucin

Mozzeltoff wrote: »
    Ok not 100% sure on what's going on with you but I am just going to focus on the bit that people are acting like assholes and in turn are making you feel like an asshole. My advice is don't mind them and don't rise to them. They sound like immature dicks anyway and if they want to fight, let them. They have the problem. I really don't understand why they would want you to pick sides. I don't know the situation but if you're all in college then these people should be old enough to have some cop on. Explain to both parties that you're keeping out of their problems and it's got nothing to do with you. Don't stress yourself out because it's not worth it.

Thank you.:) It's all a life lesson of how to remain outside of their drama really.

I'm fit to blow a fuse. You'd swear our house was like some sort of open house. Every time I turn around there seems to be someone else here. And I doubt anyone else's neighbour comes to their house three times a day and looks in the window if nobody answers the door! I'm sick of it!!! SICK OF IT!

I'm fit to blow a fuse. You'd swear our house was like some sort of open house. Every time I turn around there seems to be someone else here. And I doubt anyone else's neighbour comes to their house three times a day and looks in the window if nobody answers the door! I'm sick of it!!! SICK OF IT!

:/

All I can say is move out. You'd be better off in the long run. I know it's expensive and the responsibilities are unreal but at the end of the day you have you're own space, privacy and freedom.

4 words for ya paws. ----> Get out of there!!! Before you have no shred of sanity or patience left! :pac: And while ya still can! Longer ya stay and cosier ya get, much harder it will be to leave! Take a chance, and at least just have a look-around at a couple of places to rent......

Yeah I'm honestly beginning to think about moving out. :(

I know it would be for the wrong reasons but seriously PP, its a good thing! Don't put a sad emoticon after it, you are what? 26 now? Cant live with your parents all yur life anyway,
    think of this as the push you need!

Yeah, I know I can't live with my parents forever but I feel like I'm being pushed out.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,180 ✭✭✭cgh

if anything PP, you need your own sanity in tact,

living at home isnt helping.

a clean break might be the way forward for everyone.

what have you got to loose (besides your sanity)

• Advertisement

OH acting the maggot. We came out here to visit his dad. We're nit here 20 minutes and he runs up the road to his buddy and leaves me here with his dad who is filling himself with whisky and is making as much sense now as a cat trying to speak double Dutch.

I love my OH to bits but sometimes he takes the piss. He was complaining about not spending time with his dad lately and when he does come out here, he ****s off up the road.

And I am not defending him either but I know it's not easy for him to see his dad that way, god knows he spent his childhood with his dad pissed, but he shouldn't be leaving me here with him either. His dad is harmless and would never harm me or anything but just listening to him when he's pissed is just a nightmare. I get on great with him when he's sober.

I love my OH without a doubt but sometimes he just annoys the hell out of me by doing stupid **** like this..

Mozz, you poor thing. Unfortunately I have no advice. Just hugs.

So, *hugs* :)

I'm guessing saying how annoying it is wont really make a blind bit of difference will it?

sammyjo90 wrote: »
    I'm guessing saying how annoying it is wont really make a blind bit of difference will it?

I have said it to him until I turned blue in the face. To be fair to him he hadn't abandoned me there for a long time but still that doesn't mean he could do it again today.

I do feel bad for getting cross at him in a way. His dad has a massive drink problem and is quite difficult to deal with at times. OH is the only one who makes any effort to take care of him. My Brother in law and my two Sister in laws barely come out to see him, only when they want something.

I can't say much about what they had to grow up with BUT their relationship their father is actually an all right one. They don't resent him and they would all tell you that they love him. But they very rarely visit him. They all live within a 10 mile radius of him too while myself and OH live 35 miles away from him and see him every week.

I could stay ranting the night about the family but I am just too tired. Carrying too much bloody baggage. :\

• Registered Users Posts: 2,180 ✭✭✭cgh

Mozz,

I'd tell your other half that he's there to visit HIS dad, not you.
    that next time be goes off with a mate and leaves you there by yourself that you wont be going with him again.

see how he likes them apples

Thanks C.

I have said this to him since and yes he is sorry for what he has done. I hate getting angry at him but it's his family. I know I consider his dad part of my family too BUT I would never leave my OH with my dad while I swanned off down the road to my mates. (To be fair though, my dad doesn't drink). Still that's not the point.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Feeling a bit melancholy. The 20th of September last year was the day my dog Lady died, I still miss her so much. She was very much my dog, my sister used to give out about how I was the only one the dog would lick. The dog we presently have here from my fathers house is a rottweiler too, and she's already gravitated towards me now. She's a lovely dog, and I love that she's close to me (who doesn't like to feel liked?), but I still get a bit of a pain in my chest/stomach when I think of my old dog.

In time you might forget the date she went but you will never forget how long its been. It says something about how much joy you got from them and how much you obviously gave to them.

Its always hard when a pet that was loved so much is gone, our very first dog has been dead 11 years now and i still look at pictures of him and think..f*ck he was amazing and get teary. Ill be exactly the same when our dog we have now goes.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Angry, oh so very, very angry.

• Advertisement

What's wrong Angron?

Advertisement