Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Brooding Corner

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭kissmequick

Would SVP be of any help? Even though, I know (no offence to you Mozz) but I know they probably would primarily help out bigger fish in the pond like families or something else, but it could be worth asking. I know well what it's like. :/ It sucks that ye have an unhelpful C.W.O. in yere area, the 2 Officers in my local area are lovely when I dealt with Community Officer before waiting on Social Welfare Payment.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,614 ✭✭✭Mozzeltoff

Would SVP be of any help? Even though, I know (no offence to you Mozz) but I know they probably would primarily help out bigger fish in the pond like families or something else, but it could be worth asking. I know well what it's like. :/ It sucks that ye have an unhelpful C.W.O. in yere area, the 2 Officers in my local area are lovely when I dealt with Community Officer before waiting on Social Welfare Payment.

I know it could be worth asking but as you say they help out families and people with bigger problems. I have talked to a friend of mine and she has advised me to go to the C.W.O but to go to the Social Welfare offices first and try and see what the situation is :o

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,738 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Ah f* ck me pain is off scale tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Ah f* ck me pain is off scale tonight.

Pulled something eh Grem

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Same here Grem..

Both emotional and physical. Physical pain is currently winning, at least I can with it though.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,738 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

When the docs mentioned amputation I should have insisted they go ahead. I've already thrown up twice.

When the docs mentioned amputation I should have insisted they go ahead. I've already thrown up twice.
    Bloody hell, Grem. You poor thing. :eek:

I 2nd what Ms. Paws said.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,891 ✭✭✭✭Hugo Stiglitz

Hope it passes soon there Grem :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,604 ✭✭✭writer_lady170

:eek: holy crap, i hope you feel better soon!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Mozzeltoff wrote: »
    I know it could be worth asking but as you say they help out families and people with bigger problems. I have talked to a friend of mine and she has advised me to go to the C.W.O but to go to the Social Welfare offices first and try and see what the situation is :o

Social welfare sometimes give advance payments if your in a bind.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,614 ✭✭✭Mozzeltoff

J Mysterio wrote: »
    Social welfare sometimes give advance payments if your in a bind.

Tis sorted now. Thanks for the advice though :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 965 ✭✭✭Doctor Strange

I hate being sick. Dying with the flu the last week, been rendered utterly useless :(

I hate being sick. Dying with the flu the last week, been rendered utterly useless :(

feel better soon dr strange *hugs*

Rage.. Less than six hours away from a badly needed week off and my arm/pain problem is kicking off. Beaut of a start...

There really are some f**king idiots in this world. There have been roadworks going on here for the past week, so naturally enough there are traffic cones to block and direct traffic. I got a call at 3am to go to work for a c-section on a dog. At this point I was already flustered, naturally enough, as I had just been woken up and was still groggy. Anyway, I got into the car and headed off. I stopped at the temporary traffic lights and realised that some stupid pr**k had moved the cones and blocked the way out. So I had to get out of my car and move them out of my way!!! What the actual f**k. What if an ambulance or fire services had been called?!! You can bet that the idiot that did it was blind drunk and nearly pissed himself laughing because he was sooooo funny! :mad:

/rant

:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 965 ✭✭✭Doctor Strange

There really are some f**king idiots in this world. There have been roadworks going on here for the past week, so naturally enough there are traffic cones to block and direct traffic. I got a call at 3am to go to work for a c-section on a dog. At this point I was already flustered, naturally enough, as I had just been woken up and was still groggy. Anyway, I got into the car and headed off. I stopped at the temporary traffic lights and realised that some stupid pr**k had moved the cones and blocked the way out. So I had to get out of my car and move them out of my way!!! What the actual f**k. What if an ambulance or fire services had been called?!! You can bet that the idiot that did it was blind drunk and nearly pissed himself laughing because he was sooooo funny! :mad:

/rant

:o

What a ****ing dick. Someone should shove one of the cones up his arse and see if he finds that amusing :mad:

What a ****ing dick. Someone should shove one of the cones up his arse and see if he finds that amusing 
    I know!! I was bloody terrified getting out of the car, that part of the road is so eerie! :o

The absolute gob****e!

I'm going to lose it, seriously. My aunt keeps sharing pictures of angels and prayers and dogs and cats and children with cancer and children with Down Syndrome... And she's a walking b**ch!!!! I'm blocking her very soon. Jesus.

I'm going to lose it, seriously. My aunt keeps sharing pictures of angels and prayers and dogs and cats and children with cancer and children with Down Syndrome... And she's a walking b**ch!!!! I'm blocking her very soon. Jesus.

Don't block her 'very soon', block her now

• Advertisement

*hugs* for all the nocs:)

*hugs* for all the nocs
    :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,180 ✭✭✭cgh

Ahh Monday....

what a day...

cgh wrote: »
    Ahh Monday....

what a day...

Careful with that kinda talk, you may get whacked for it. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,180 ✭✭✭cgh

But I'm the chief whacker

cgh wrote: »
    But I'm the chief whacker

I thought you were the master baiter :D

well played Hugo, well played indeed.

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    well played Hugo, well played indeed.

Apologies for the severe lack of decorum in the brooding thread here. :o

There is no logic to my mother's reactions to anything.

• Advertisement

There is no logic to my mother's reactions to anything.

Dr. Quack is now in session, go ahead and vent Paws.

Advertisement