Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Brooding Corner

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

I don't get why people think it's okay if the victim is male. Why is it different? He's a minor and thereforr she's pedophile, it's that simple. People would be up in arms if it was a male teacher and a female student. Ffs.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Feeling kinda pissed and more than a bit disgusted. Read a story about an ex-NFL cheerleader (47), who met a 15 year old online, bought him booze and had oral sex with him. She then tried to actually sleep with him, but the kid said no. Kid wound up telling his father about this, and the woman got arrested cause she had sexual contact with a minor, which is most definitely illegal. (Also for giving him booze, but that's kinda secondary)

And what do I see most people talk about from this? "Oh, that kid is crazy for not sleeping with her!" "Man, he should go to jail instead for turning it down!" "Oh that's not rape, she's hot!"

F*ck that, stuff like this is why I quite often feel so misanthropic.

IT'S A WEIRD ****ING WORLD WE LIVE IN.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,794 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Gradually becoming more and more down.. Despite efforts, hospital not forthcoming with an appointment. Haven't physically spoken in a few days now. Rant over, guess i'm just having a low few days..

Chin up amigo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,891 ✭✭✭✭Hugo Stiglitz

Gradually becoming more and more down.. Despite efforts, hospital not forthcoming with an appointment. Haven't physically spoken in a few days now. Rant over, guess i'm just having a low few days..

Sorry to hear that G. *hugs*

Am here if you need a chat.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

And if you get fed up chatting to Hugo, or for a different intellectual level of conversation, I'm here.

:cool:

Ted_YNWA wrote: »
    And if you get fed up chatting to Hugo, or for a different intellectual level of conversation, I'm here.

:cool:

Cold as ice, Anfield! :D

Cold as ice, Anfield! :D

I didn't say which one of us would have the higher intelligence, just said different. :pac:

Ted_YNWA wrote: »
    I didn't say which one of us would have the higher intelligence, just said different. :pac:

Oh you! *rustles hair with hand*

:D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,035 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

And if you get sick of those two I'm here for ya grem :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,604 ✭✭✭writer_lady170

I know the feeling grem *hugs* am a pm away if you feel like a chat etc

Trying desperately to block out the stupidity of other people

what's up pp?

what's up pp?
    Just people wrecking my head.. I'm ok now. Deep, cleansing breaths..

Just people wrecking my head.. I'm ok now. Deep, cleansing breaths..

ahh ok, people can be very stupid at times, glad you're ok:)

Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Know how you feel paws, feels like some people have a daily quota of people to p!ss off.

Should be allowed to slap them with a giant wet fish.

Several people commented on an Facebook status my aunt posted (about someone that was killed in a very bad car accident) and one person told her she had a heart of gold. If only they f**king knew. A walking b**** is what she is. Posting updates like that, using other people's tragedies looking for notice for herself to make people think she's such a wonderful person.. :mad:

Several people commented on an Facebook status my aunt posted (about someone that was killed in a very bad car accident) and one person told her she had a heart of gold. If only they f**king knew. A walking b**** is what she is. Posting updates like that, using other people's tragedies looking for notice for herself to make people think she's such a wonderful person.. :mad:

Classic Attention Seeking 101 unfortunately (Try the block button, heard it's fantastic)

Lithium93_ wrote:
    Classic Attention Seeking 101 unfortunately (Try the block button, heard it's fantastic)
    Yep. Same aunt that tags herself in other people's photos and went through mine and other people's pages liking stuff from literally years ago.

• Advertisement

Yep. Same aunt that tags herself in other people's photos and went through mine and other people's pages liking stuff from literally years ago.

That's just plain creepy.

Lithium93_ wrote:
    That's just plain creepy.
    Both her and one of my cousins seem to have been lurking on my page because today they've resurrected the picture I posted of my weight loss progress. Picture was posted Christmas 2013.

Both her and one of my cousins seem to have been lurking on my page because today they've resurrected the picture I posted of my weight loss progress. Picture was posted Christmas 2013.

I'd block them A.S.A.P if i were you, again plain creepy talking about a year old photo

Lithium93_ wrote:
    I'd block them A.S.A.P if i were you, again plain creepy talking about a year old photo
    I know you're right but I don't like blocking people. I might have to make an exception tbh. They've done the same to my brother.

I've blocked a lot of my extended family on FB. Not because they did anything, I just don't want them in my online world.

I know you're right but I don't like blocking people. I might have to make an exception tbh. They've done the same to my brother.

Blocking them maybe the only way to stop you from going *imitates cuckoo*, or just ''accidentally'' unfriend them.

Lithium93_ wrote:
    Blocking them maybe the only way to stop you from going *imitates cuckoo*, or just ''accidentally'' unfriend them.
    They're going on my restricted list for now. See what happens. They're just creeping me out and making me hate them more than they did.

Seriously, who posts a poem about someone's brother they don't even know and doesn't acknowledge her nephew's (actually her GODSON) birthday?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

A bit annoyed. A friend asks can he come over to hang out, which was fine. Then, just before he's coming over he asks can I download something, and then when he gets here says he can't stay long. Don't say you want to hang out if that's clearly not what you're f*cking doing here.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,035 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I've blocked a lot of my extended family on FB. Not because they did anything, I just don't want them in my online world.

Same here lol
    Angron wrote: »
    A bit annoyed. A friend asks can he come over to hang out, which was fine. Then, just before he's coming over he asks can I download something, and then when he gets here says he can't stay long. Don't say you want to hang out if that's clearly not what you're f*cking doing here.

What a Dick

• Advertisement

Angron wrote: »

Sorry that hear that Angron. It's not a nice feeling at all.

Advertisement