Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Brooding Corner

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

If you want to have a dog and let her have pups, make sure her f**king pelvis isn't shattered!!! :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,604 ✭✭✭writer_lady170

Solitaire wrote: »
    This is the story pic of my life :(

ditto:( a times million

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Pissed off. Organised to meet a friend for a few, but as I was coming back from college I wanted to drop stuff off at home. Got a text saying did I want to come in straight off the bus, said I had to go home. Within the space of half an hour, suddenly he's too drunk to stay out. Why organise to meet someone who has to come halfway across the f*cking country if you can't hold off drinking at least a bit until they arrive? I mean really, what's the f*cking point.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

That's taking pre-gaming a bit far... Balls to it Angron hope it didn't put you off going out yourself..

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Didn't bother, was too annoyed so I wouldn't have enjoyed it.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

True in fairness.. Me, I'd have gone out and no doubt be staring angrily at my pint so good call I think!

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Has anyone seen the video of the guy conceding a late minute goal on FIFA '15, then proceeding to unplug his PS4 and TOSSING IT OUT THE WINDOW...... Mother of god i know conceding last minute goals on FIFA is a bitch, but throwing a PS4 out the window, over reaction much.

Feeling lonely in a fairly shattering way. It's quite odd. I've friends online and in real life but in real life at least there are none close enough to say what way I am sometimes. The few close friends I have either live far away or not in the country anymore.

So I suppose my friends are more like acquaintances here who are used to me being a clown. I'm not sure how you move on or change this..

• Registered Users Posts: 8,614 ✭✭✭Mozzeltoff

Feeling lonely in a fairly shattering way. It's quite odd. I've friends online and in real life but in real life at least there are none close enough to say what way I am sometimes. The few close friends I have either live far away or not in the country anymore.

So I suppose my friends are more like acquaintances here who are used to me being a clown. I'm not sure how you move on or change this..

I feel a lot like this too lately. I have my OH and he's ever so awesome but sometimes I think I am just a loner and any friendships I do have I just feel like they are being forced. I used to have such great friends but I ended up moving away and they got on with their own lives. I miss them and try see them as much as I can but just with college and life getting in the way I don't get to see them as much as I should.

Since I have moved down here I have made some more awesome friends but again, life is getting in the way and some have kids and others have college and jobs and it's not always possible to stay in contact with everyone.

Since I have started college I have made a few friends. At first I thought it was all right, new lease on life but they turned out to be flakes, bar one or two. I am now questioning is there something wrong with me as a person. Do I come across as too stand offish? Are people misinterpreting my quietness as some form of snobbery and ignorance? Do I have to sit down and explain to these people why I am the way I am?

I am not 100% about anything anymore and it's driving me nuts. I know I am a fool but do I come across as some form of idiot? Is that all they think of me? I hate it. I want to change it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,891 ✭✭✭✭Hugo Stiglitz

Oh girls, I can very much relate unfortunately.

• Advertisement

keep losing friends on social media and it hurts:(

keep losing friends on social media and it hurts:(

*hugs*

I hate when that happens Writer. Rejection is still rejection in my book.

*hugs*

I hate when that happens Writer. Rejection is still rejection in my book.

Thanks hugo:)

it really sucks:( think i need to make more of an effort to keep in contact with friends

Ah the block button on Facebook, what a handy thing to have.

Ruminating again. Not so much on things past as I'm practising not doing that so much.. I'm just tired exhausted even of this feeling that I have to start all over again making friends. And I don't even think I've the energy for that really..

Father thinks it's not only acceptable, but funny, to tell my brother's friend to be careful of one of his neighbours because he's gay. He apparently thinks all gay men want to ride every other man in the entire world. Ffs.

Father thinks it's not only acceptable, but funny, to tell my brother's friend to be careful of one of his neighbours because he's gay. He apparently thinks all gay men want to ride every other man in the entire world. Ffs.
    Honestly, that's a thing I've never understood. It doesn't work like that for straight people, why should it be different for gay people?

Exactly. The chap isn't gay but that's neither here nor there anyway.

My dad is 60 and thinks everyone of his generation were straight. No such thing as being gay back then.

Just goes to show how different the world is nowadays compared to Ireland from the 1960's

Sure everyone knows it was the Greeks that invented gayness.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

I couldn't care less what anyones sexual preferences are. I know a few at every end of the spectrum.

I know more ignorant pr**ks who are straight as opposed to gay.

Straight does not always mean a better person.

Ted_YNWA wrote:
    I know more ignorant pr**ks who are straight as opposed to gay.
    That's true I suppose but I don't know if I'd describe my Dad that way. He tends to make inappropriate jokes without thinking about what he's saying. I don't think he's a bad person for it. It does annoy me, big time, and it's not like I haven't tried to explain things.

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

That's true I suppose but I don't know if I'd describe my Dad that way. He tends to make inappropriate jokes without thinking about what he's saying. I don't think he's a bad person for it. It does annoy me, big time, and it's not like I haven't tried to explain things.

In no way referring to your father in that way Paws.

Just annoying people in general as opposed to their views on this.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭sammyjo90

you try to do something good and you are just met with an underlying tone of snide. posted about a lost dog and the way some people speak to you makes it out like you are doing the absolutely wrong thing. I have been completely put off in posting there again.
    Has put me in a really ****ty mood now

Ouch.. People are awful quick in some places here to be total asses. I'd say try not to take it to heart but that's hard..

sammyjo90 wrote: »
    you try to do something good and you are just met with an underlying tone of snide. posted about a lost dog and the way some people speak to you makes it out like you are doing the absolutely wrong thing. I have been completely put off in posting there again.

Fuck 'em! Don't let them get you down. You know you did something out of the goodness of your heart.

• Registered Users, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 68,370 Mod ✭✭✭✭Grid.

sammyjo90 wrote: »

You were dead right to try and find a new home for the dog Sam, let anyone who says otherwise.....take a run 'n jump!:rolleyes:

sammyjo90 wrote:
    you try to do something good and you are just met with an underlying tone of snide. posted about a lost dog and the way some people speak to you makes it out like you are doing the absolutely wrong thing. I have been completely put off in posting there again. Has put me in a really ****ty mood now
    I think I might know where you're talking about but I won't mention it. Used to post a lot there but I don't like it anymore. It used to be like this forum but something changed.

I'm so glad you got a place for the dog though! :)

Going back to people's sexual preferences and what not, thanks to a friend of mine, i've met gays, lesbians, transgender even & it completely opens up your perspective on the world & those around you, and i'm glad i know people from all walks off life, left me better off & better informed. And also gay people are really really funny.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭sammyjo90

Its just the way the post, I know they are trying to give advice but it just come across as: you have done something wrong by not doing this in the first place, if you havnt done this then then its wrong..etc.
    You'd think that people on an online forum would know how to compose a message without sounding condescending

Btw grid, we found a home for her :)

Advertisement