Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Brooding Corner

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Oh no, Mossy.. I'm really sorry for your loss x

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,604 ✭✭✭writer_lady170

Really sorry for your loss moss :-(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭akamossy

Not long home after the removal. I have about 5 hours before I need to be up to get ready for the funeral. So tired

• Registered Users, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 68,370 Mod ✭✭✭✭Grid.

Sounds a tough day.....sorry for your loss Mossy.

you know what I hate....in this world.....rumours! Heard a pretty unbelievable one tonight from a supposed 'friend of a friend', which isn't true and quite upset me:(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 965 ✭✭✭Doctor Strange

you know what I hate....in this world.....rumours! Heard a pretty unbelievable one tonight from a supposed 'friend of a friend', which isn't true and quite upset me:(

Idle gossipers are filth. Just ignore them Smiler, it's the best way to deal with it as hard as it is to do. You're way above them.

Also, Mozz and Moss, so, so sorry for your losses.

Thanks doctor strange :-) I'll try to ignore it. Been feeling total crap cos of it as has been causing drama with loved ones which i don't need, broke down in tears yesterday:o I'll try to not let it bother me

• Registered Users Posts: 2,180 ✭✭✭cgh

keep the faith Smiler,

Feel down but it's such a non-issue compared to everything else here.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,180 ✭✭✭cgh

even if you feel down, no matter how small this is the place to be.

hope things turn around soon Purple.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭ivytwine

This is so minor but god I am so sick of my job. So so sick of it. Sick of ignorant/stupid customers, sick of repeating myself to them, sick of the hours that mean I can't do anything, not even cinema, coffee with friends, heading home to see the folks. I've had a cheque in my handbag for the last fortnight I haven't been able to cash cos my hours and the banks' don't collide. As for going out on a drink or date? Ha. Ha. Ha.

There hasn't been a shift since I started nights that I haven't literally wanted to walk out on and just tell the customers to shove it. I had the most ignorant man last night and he left me shaking with anger.

I hate that I was essentially forced into taking these hours, because my TL knows I have a loan. The gentle hint that my hours would be cut down to the bare min of my contract was enough to illustrate that my 'choice' was no choice at all.

I also hate the fact that I've applied for a promotion, but the same TL has marked my scores as average, damaging my chances. Despite the fact that when I have been marked by the quality team twice a month, my scores are consistently in the 90s.

I am also sick of snotty recruiters saying "oh you don't have enough experience" for office jobs. As if I don't know how to photocopy, scan, type, spell and so ****ing on. I worked in a bloody newspaper for Chrissakes!

I know other people have way worse problems than me (hope you're ok akamossy) but I needed to vent! That felt good!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,891 ✭✭✭✭Hugo Stiglitz

ivytwine wrote: »
    This is so minor but god I am so sick of my job. So so sick of it.

So sorry to hear of your troubles there IT. *hugs*
    I can very much relate to many of those points at the moment.

Team leaders can often be such unnecessary pricks at times. You sound like a good worker IT. Hopefully someone higher up will spot the discrepancies between his review and the quality's ones and fight in your corner.

The whole required experience thing has gone to the dogs here the last few years.

Fingers crossed the promotion will find its way to you there soon. :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,004 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

What Hugo Mon said is spot on ivy,I've nothing to add really just to hang in there and don't let the ****ers (excuse my language :o) grind you down!

Spent half the weekend listening to the girl in my brother's band complaining about their other bandmate. "Oh I won't be doing anything, he can f... off, he said he's intending on getting the ride off whoever will give it to him." She rode him in then tent last night while we were outside, like wtf?????????!!!!!!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Maybe she thought it was a magic tent, where nobody outside could hear them and realise what they were doing.

Both of them were high on ecstacy so it wouldn't surprise me what the girl thought. She is just so lovely but she seems to be totally ruled by her feelings for him and he couldn't give a fiddlers about her. He is an absolute tool.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭ivytwine

Meant to reply a bit earlier but have spent most of the last two days asleep.

Thanks guys, this is why I love boards, everyone is so nice!
    So sorry to hear of your troubles there IT. *hugs*
    I can very much relate to many of those points at the moment.

Team leaders can often be such unnecessary pricks at times. You sound like a good worker IT. Hopefully someone higher up will spot the discrepancies between his review and the quality's ones and fight in your corner.

The whole required experience thing has gone to the dogs here the last few years.

Fingers crossed the promotion will find its way to you there soon. :)

Thank Hugo. It'd be a secondment rather than a promotion so I'd be back in customer service after Christmas anyway. And I'm kinda done with the company anyway. I want to move on. I worked in retail for them throughout college and it was grand for my part-time job, but I don't want it to be what I 'do' if you know what I mean.

Plus I'm kinda getting attacks of conscience every so often. It's different being a bookies and you have to hand actually physical money over the counter, online gaming's a bit rotten. I was in a taxi the other day and the taxi driver was saying how he had to give online betting "I was forgetting that I was spending my own money" and I think it's really quite common. We get some fairly depressing stories in here and it's chipping at my soul a bit.
    What Hugo Mon said is spot on ivy,I've nothing to add really just to hang in there and don't let the ****ers (excuse my language :o) grind you down!

Thanks my friend! I've started coding and learning German so hopefully those things might help me become more employable :)

Friend made me feel about two inches tall the other day by literally shouting in my face and she's acting like nothing happened. And I don't have the balls to say anything.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

What was it over?

I was sort of pestering to text a guy she likes because she was being silly over it. Next thing I know she was screaming in my face and she walked off. I burst into tears. I stupidly said we were fine but I can't seem to let it go because it hurt. I know this is so stupid but I'd never do something like that to her, or anyone else for that matter.

• Advertisement

More than a little bit of an overreaction on her part.

I thought it was just me. I need to just let it go I think. :(

Aw Paws :( *hugs*

Just tell your friend that while what you did was a little silly, it didn't warrant that response. There's enough people out there that would go on like that, no need for it to come from a friend.

I was sort of thinking the same, but I think it's been too long if you know what I mean. It happened Saturday and I've said nothing since.. :/

I was sort of thinking the same, but I think it's been too long if you know what I mean. It happened Saturday and I've said nothing since.. :/

I can see where you're coming from. I'd personally still think it's worth a mention though.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭sammyjo90

Friends can really make you feel like **** and unappreciated.

Id like to think that if i learned that one of my best friends was coincidentally in the same place i was with other friends..that I wouldn't mind them popping in to say hi,seeing as they no longer live in the same county anymore. But instead of me getting a " hey no of course, come down! We're only having a pint" im met with nothing. Im completely ignored.
    im mid twenties and friends are acting like children, i shouldn't have to deal with crap like this.

Sammy that's really crappy of them. :(

*hugs*

• Registered Users Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭sammyjo90

Thanks PP, since I've moved I've realised how many one sided friendships i have..i know it happens to everyone at some stage, that you realise you have maybe one good friend, I only need to look at my sister to know that. Just didn't think it would happen this quickly

Trust me, I do know the feeling. I feel that if I didn't make the effort to even text a couple of my friends they'd just disappear.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

They're ashamed/jealous that you moved to Sligo.

Serious though, some people can be crapy & insensitive. As we grow older, life gets in the way of keeping in contact with friends.

They should have made the effort to catch up even more.

Don't let this burn any bridges Sammy between you & them.

I had stopped drinking for a few months & couple of friends didn't bother to invite me out because of it. Was slightly pee'd off so can see where you're coming from.

Advertisement