Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Emmerdale [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 884 ✭✭✭cats.life

now what to do with brenda,:eek: she is shockingly bad. and who else to go.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,551 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

cats.life wrote: »
    Don't even start me on how vile Brenda is. Uuuuurgh! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭pencilsharp

That story last week with Val supposedly coming home and then not was pathetic! Why did they bother? Why did not just leave her off in Spain or Portugal or where ever she was in the first place instead of saying she was coming back.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,551 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Is Val ever coming back? I heard she had left the show for good but then I read that the actress is taking a 'short break' and will be back soon. :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,972 ✭✭✭cofy

What is going on with Carl's dress sense lately. The only thing he is likely to pull dressed like that is a pint:o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭u_c_thesecond

cats.life wrote: »

now lads im not trying to excite ye here- but my sister said she read in a mag that they killing off brenda

YYYYYYYYYYYYYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Please make her death painful emmerdale please- ohhh maybe she pokes her nose into the wrong persons business and gets murdered

Or she is listening to someone elses conversation while pouring tea
    and scalds herself and dies a slow painfil burn infected death

Either way just kill her !!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,872 ✭✭✭Sittingpretty

I wish to god Debbie Dingle would just run under the Hotten bus.

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭Kaching

Thank God I'm not alone :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭Temaz

Posy wrote: »
    Is Val ever coming back? I heard she had left the show for good but then I read that the actress is taking a 'short break' and will be back soon. :confused:

I read on digispy that she's taking a 3 month break to star in a west end play.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭Alicat

Ashley is being so horrible to his dad! :(

• Advertisement

Alicat wrote: »
    Ashley is being so horrible to his dad! :(

Not at all what you would expect from a vicar. I wonder where they are going with this story.:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

cofy wrote: »
    Not at all what you would expect from a vicar. I wonder where they are going with this story.:confused:

ashley always said he very cross that Sandy was a disaster when AShley growing up. Sounds like Ash never really felt secure/loved/supported by his Dad. Ashley is very bitter.Before Sandy used to make fun of Ashleys life as a vicar.
    So it seems there are unresolved issues there.
    It sad, I nearly crying for Sandy tonight when he was in old folks home bedroom
    IMHO Ashley is behaving like a prat

• Registered Users Posts: 884 ✭✭✭cats.life

Debbie grinds my gears very bad,a pain in the butt.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭pookiesboo

How smelly looking is the Dingles house> And the draught that must be coming in that front door :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 85,900 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Is Brenda after Eric :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

:eek:

I would actually probably stop watching Emmerdale if she left. She's such a babe.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,781 ✭✭✭clappyhappy

I have always loved emmerdale, but I am finding it very boring recently. Nicola I love,she is so funny, but most of the other characters don't seem to have any story lines eg, Carl,Bob,DAVID (please give him a good plot), and they should give Nichil a good black market importing story with customs coming after him, a funny story. I used to get a laugh before from emmo but not recently. (except nicola).

I have always loved emmerdale, but I am finding it very boring recently. Nicola I love,she is so funny, but most of the other characters don't seem to have any story lines eg, Carl,Bob,DAVID (please give him a good plot), and they should give Nichil a good black market importing story with customs coming after him, a funny story. I used to get a laugh before from emmo but not recently. (except nicola).

+1 and bring back Pearl and Betty, anyone know where they have gone?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

They are really dragging out the Barton family storyline thats going on atm

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭CarMe

The Ashley and Sandy storyline is really giving me the shivers :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭Alicat

CarMe wrote: »
    The Ashley and Sandy storyline is really giving me the shivers :(

It's just... nasty, isn't it?

It unsettles me far more than any of the other plots they've had.

The strange thing about it is that it's totally out of character from Ashley. It's like he's in denial as to what he's doing. He's absolutely convinced himself that Sandy's deteriorating health is 100% the problem when we can all see that's clearly not the case.

I don't think it's all Ashley's fault though, Sandy is definitely part of the reason. As we know, Ashley resents him deep down for reasons in the past. But even recently I thought Sandy was out of order at times for goading him over Laurel. And Ashley's suggestion of a helper for a couple of hours a day was hardly unreasonable, when it's clear that Sandy isn't fit to look after himself.

I don't know i really think there's something dark to come or the writers are trying to give us the impression there is.
    On paper what has happened up till now wouldn't be necessarily termed abuse just yet, but there is something beneath the surface Im sure.
    All i know is i feel very unsettled watching.

It's verging on mental abuse though. When Sandy was crying talking to Laurel in the nursing home, and after she then insisted (to Ashley) that he wouldn't be going there, Ashley's reaction to Sandy was disgusting.

His reaction over the child nearly choking on the piece of plastic was ridiculous too. That could happen anywhere, anytime. There's no way you can keep a child of that age away from situations where he might do something like that. What age was the child anyway, 6 or 7? Looked old enough to know that he shouldn't be eating pieces of toy train.

I have no doubt the abuse will get worse before it all comes to a head.

Yeah definitely mental abuse, or when he told Alan that he wasn't up to coming out. He should want him to get out and socialize. I think the stress of the affair is making Ashley blame his father for the cracks in his relationship.
    Sandy was always such a big personality and seeing him turn so submissive is scary.
    It's definitely going to get worse, i just hope not too much worse.

No one will believe Rachel that Ashley is doing this as it is not something the vicar would do so it might drag for a while longer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,893 ✭✭✭Hannibal Smith

cofy wrote: »
    +1 and bring back Pearl and Betty, anyone know where they have gone?

I think Pearl is gone to hong kong to see her grandson? Not sure about Betty.

But yes, Emmerdale really need to liven it up a bit...something gritty with Carl would be nice :o

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 75 ✭✭Toothpaste89

Very hard to watch Emmerdale :( I know its only a soap but sad to think that this is actually happening out in the real world too.

Adam is some f*cking tool does he not remember his affair with Declan's missus which did no favours for his dad and the farm payments with Declan :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

Agreed JP Liz V1 Adam is acting like a proper plank. He is being so rude to his mother and family it hard to watch.
    But not as bad as watching the AShley and Sandy story line. It really is difficult viewing. It s like ashley is blaming all the crap in his life squarely on SAndy.
    I think this story line probably will escalate. When ever anyone walks in on SAndy and Ashley, ashley totally cahnges and looks guilty. You can nearly see SAndy covering things up:(

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement