Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Emmerdale [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,893 ✭✭✭Hannibal Smith

Adam does my head in. His whole overacting/swinging his limbs about like a gorilla thing really annoys me :o

Did you know he's Jason Grimshaw's (from corrie) brother in r/l? I only realised it a couple of weeks ago when the two soaps were back to back and I thought jees those two look so alike, googled it and what do you know :D

• Registered Users Posts: 85,900 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Adam does my head in. His whole overacting/swinging his limbs about like a gorilla thing really annoys me :o

Did you know he's Jason Grimshaw's (from corrie) brother in r/l? I only realised it a couple of weeks ago when the two soaps were back to back and I thought jees those two look so alike, googled it and what do you know :D

And both cant act to save their lives

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,551 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Ashley taking away Sandy's keys and giving him a curfew was horrible. :(

Marlon was such an idiot, telling Laurel straight away what Rachel had said. Well done, bozo! :rolleyes:

Is Aaron in love with Adam, why else would he be covering for him and risking jail :confused:

Once again Cain didnt force Moira to sleep with him, she chased him so what is Adam's problem? Cain didnt cause John's accident and death

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭juke

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Is Aaron in love with Adam, why else would he be covering for him and risking jail :confused:

Didn't Adam save Aaron's life, when he tried to commit suicide in the same garage?
    Once again Cain didnt force Moira to sleep with him, she chased him so what is Adam's problem? Cain didnt cause John's accident and death

Agree, suppose - grief isn't rational, and he just want someone to blame? Don't like this storyline, feeling sorry for Cain :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

I think Adam see s moira's affair as the start of a sad chain of events that ruined his family

Lisha wrote: »
    I think Adam see s moira's affair as the start of a sad chain of events that ruined his family

Does Adam not remember his affair with Declan's missus Ella I think that is where it all started pressure on John to make the farm a success to make Declan's fast repayments which lead to Moira straying

• Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

In that case it's still Moira's fault as she obviously failed to teach him about consequences. Typical male buffonery, always blame the woman

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Cant wait till Ashley is found out,someone needs to give him a good slap around the head

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 75 ✭✭Toothpaste89

God hes evil. When will it end :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭Kaching

God hes evil. When will it end :(

a lot of priests are

He's a vicar. ;)

I found the scene with Ashley and Gaby pretty disturbing tonight. The way he used his own child and manipulated the situation gave me the creeps.
    Where will it all end, I wonder?!

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭pencilsharp

Really is a tough storyline to deal with. I feel sorry for Ashley in one sense, hes obviously finding Sandy difficult to manage, but unfortunately hes handling it the wrong way. Its a more common problem than we think in society. I hope they follow the story through realistically.

Anybody know what is up with Zac? I know there were rumours of alzheimers but I have read that he will taking a break from emmerdale but they have left the door open for him to come back? Surely if he had alzheimers his character wouldn't be coming back as he would be getting progressively worse? Or maybe they plan to have his character play that role, I hope to God they do it better than Corrie!

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭Graciefacey

Really is a tough storyline to deal with. I feel sorry for Ashley in one sense, hes obviously finding Sandy difficult to manage, but unfortunately hes handling it the wrong way. Its a more common problem than we think in society. I hope they follow the story through realistically.

Anybody know what is up with Zac? I know there were rumours of alzheimers but I have read that he will taking a break from emmerdale but they have left the door open for him to come back? Surely if he had alzheimers his character wouldn't be coming back as he would be getting progressively worse? Or maybe they plan to have his character play that role, I hope to God they do it better than Corrie!
    I find the corrie portrayal of alzheimers so offensive. They basically just have an actress who constantly does this wide eyed 'crazy' expression and smashes up the house. It's offensive to families who have experience of the disease. Corrie just aren't getting it right. I hope emmerdale show more compassion

Is it definite that Zak is going to have alzheimers? :(

I find the corrie portrayal of alzheimers so offensive. They basically just have an actress who constantly does this wide eyed 'crazy' expression and smashes up the house. It's offensive to families who have experience of the disease. Corrie just aren't getting it right. I hope emmerdale show more compassion

True and its not as if its Corries first time doing such a storyline

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

It seems more like depression that Zak has rather than the beginning of Alzheimer's, although it could be either.

Hope he doesn't have Alzheimer's as it will be the end of Zak as we know him.

I think Zak is having a breakdown

• Registered Users Posts: 4,781 ✭✭✭clappyhappy

Best of luck to Danny Miller who is leaving, Thought he was a geat actor, but I do wish they had given some more lighter roles, as he said in a recent magazine interview for 3 years he was angry crying or moody. Think he would have been a good mischief maker. At least they aren't killing him off, he may come back in time.

I think Aaron will do a runner to France tonight with that Ed fella

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭Temaz

I think Zak is having a breakdown

Ya it seems to be heading that way, Im glad in a way as it will show that 'tough' guys can also go through depression.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,458 ✭✭✭ppink

Oh no I really liked Aaron:(:(. there's half a dozen others I would have put on that flight ahead of him:(

ppink wrote: »
    Oh no I really liked Aaron:(:(. there's half a dozen others I would have put on that flight ahead of him:(

Brenda, The Bartons, Alicia, Marlon, Ruby and Ali and her kids for starters

I thought Ruby was a nurse or care assistant and now she is working in the cafe :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,458 ✭✭✭ppink

OMG I hate that Ali character:mad:. she is always shouting, what the hell!

Zac is deffo a stress issue not alzheimers.( i think:))

Zak needs to confess what he did to Cain it is eating away at him hence what he said to Adam tonight

I wanted Chas to smack Moira tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭u_c_thesecond

when eric and brenda kissed the only think that came into my head was "Ewwwww wrinkley drunk sex"

And the next day she in the cafe saying to Gennie "I dont want anyone knowing" - oh you mean you dont want anyone knowing your private buisness Brenda... even though you have stuck your nose into others so many times???

And her "I have not been with anyone since Terry" - I nearly threw my cup of tea at the TV- Terrys dead get over it!!

I maintain Terry ran back into that burning shop just to get away from her!!;)

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭Kaching

ppink wrote: »
    OMG I hate that Ali character:mad:. she is always shouting, what the hell!

her voice goes through me as someone in here said a while back she sounds like she smokes 40 a day haha.

Emmerdale's elder abuse storyline comes to a head next week as Laurel Thomas witnesses husband Ashley lashing out at his frail father Sandy.

Upcoming episodes see Laurel (Charlotte Bellamy) finally realise that all is not right between the pair, which leaves Ashley agitated as he wonders where his wife's concerns have come from.

As Ashley (John Middleton) quizzes Sandy (Freddie Jones) about whether he's told Laurel anything, the village vicar becomes increasingly threatening towards his dad - before finally snapping and hitting him.

However, a shocked Laurel is standing in the doorway, having seen everything.

Laurel subsequently demands answers from Ashley and a furious showdown leaves their marriage in tatters.

Meanwhile, a tormented Sandy stays at Edna's (Shirley Stelfox) for the night - and she's shocked to learn of Ashley's abuse.

The next day, Sandy and Laurel both return home to face Ashley, who desperately apologises for his behaviour.

However, as Laurel makes it clear that she has only returned home for Sandy's sake, Ashley fears that he's lost her forever.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,964 ✭✭✭ToniTuddle

Aww thank God!

Was just coming in to ask when was Laurel gonna find out as this whole Sandy/Ashley abuse thing is quite disturbing to watch. :(

Have any other soaps ever tackled an elderly abuse storyline?

His poor face tonight when Ashley was finishing pressurising him to go to a home :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭Pretty Polly

ToniTuddle wrote: »

His poor face tonight when Ashley was finishing pressurising him to go to a home :(

It was really sad wan't it! Seeing a whole other side to that Ashley.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement