Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Emmerdale [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,964 ✭✭✭ToniTuddle

It was really sad wan't it! Seeing a whole other side to that Ashley.

It really was :( And him being old all this stress is not good for his general health!!

Do ya think maybe Ashley has had a bit of a mental breakdown over nearly losing Laurel to Marlon? Doesn't excuse it but he did go very oddly weird over all that which is a bit feicin rich when you think back to not so long ago with him and psycho Sally and what poor Laurel went through!

Can't wait until the whole village finds out.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,901 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

ToniTuddle wrote: »
    It really was :( And him being old all this stress is not good for his general health!!

Do ya think maybe Ashley has had a bit of a mental breakdown over nearly losing Laurel to Marlon? Doesn't excuse it but he did go very oddly weird over all that which is a bit feicin rich when you think back to not so long ago with him and psycho Sally and what poor Laurel went through!

Can't wait until the whole village finds out.

Yes Ashley seems to be taking his anger for Laurel and Marlon out on Sandy

The actors who play Ashley and Sandy are doing a great job with the storyline

• Registered Users Posts: 2,363 ✭✭✭washiskin

I don't think I've ever cried as much at Emmerdale as I have in the last year! :(
    First the whole Aaron & Jackson tragedy, then Aaron leaving (sob!) and now poor old Sandy being bullied by that monster Ashley.
    I mean HOW could a supposed "man of the cloth" treat his own aged dad like that and then pontificate peace & love to his congregation afterwards? And using a pep talk from Jude to justify his behavior? What a horrible, twisted and bitter little man!
    It just breaks my heart to think that there are old folk everywhere going through that in real life...... :mad:

washiskin wrote: »
    I don't think I've ever cried as much at Emmerdale as I have in the last year! :(
    First the whole Aaron & Jackson tragedy, then Aaron leaving (sob!) and now poor old Sandy being bullied by that monster Ashley.
    I mean HOW could a supposed "man of the cloth" treat his own aged dad like that and then pontificate peace & love to his congregation afterwards? And using a pep talk from Jude to justify his behavior? What a horrible, twisted and bitter little man!
    It just breaks my heart to think that there are old folk everywhere going through that in real life...... :mad:

Alot of 'men of the cloth' here in our own nation on our very own doorstep were great to pontificate but of course it eventually came out in the wash what was really going on despite their best efforts to cover it up.

Emmerdale are playing a blinder with this storyline. The priest/reverend is normally seen as one of the pillars of a small community even by those not of the particular religion and in the case of a 'blow-in' like Rachael from working class roots who moves to the village and starts making these type of accusations, the general consensus is that 'oh our great reverend wouldnt do such a thing who is she to say such horrible things'

After what Chas went through with Carl and Eve cant believe she will do this to her pregnant niece Debbie :mad: Hope Cain batters the sh*t out of Cameron

• Advertisement

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    After what Chas went through with Carl and Eve cant believe she will do this to her pregnant niece Debbie :mad: Hope Cain batters the sh*t out of Cameron

I reckon Carl could become intertwined with this story somehow. Him and Cameron hate each other and himself and Chas had a bitter breakup

I reckon Carl could become intertwined with this story somehow. Him and Cameron hate each other and himself and Chas had a bitter breakup

I think Carl gets with Megan but imagine if Carl discovered Chas and Cameron's affair payback as Chas did take alot of his cash :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,458 ✭✭✭ppink

Chas must have had all the men in that soap by now has she? it is a nasty side to her thats for sure. not surprised about Cameron he has a lot of whining about Sarah to listen to and he has a track record for cheating too.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,551 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Hope Cain batters the sh*t out of Cameron
    That'd be great! Cameron's an asshole.

Ooh, I'm glad the Ashley/Sandy storyline is coming to a conclusion soon- it's been hard to watch. Great job by all those involved with it!

Felt a bit for Ali tonight until she totally tried to land Lisa in the sh!t. Not cool. :mad:

Ashley is arrested for abusing his elderly dad Sandy after he confesses his cruel actions to the entire village

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

Ashley is arrested for abusing his elderly dad Sandy after he confesses his cruel actions to the entire village

Good. I hope a few people will apologise to poor Rachel then...

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭Graciefacey

I don't normally watch emmerdale but follow the storylines online, I happened to catch it last night and bawled like a baby! Old men make me cry at the best of times but poor sandy :( I just want to hug him!

One of Laurel, Belle or Chas becomes pregnant, think it will be Chas by Cameron

I love Ashley blaming Sandy and then Laurel for what he's being doing. :rolleyes:

I assume there is no way back for Ashley and Laurel's marriage.. From Laurel's perspective, I think I could forgive him hitting me before understanding how he could physically abuse his frail elderly father! I feel bad for the actor- must have been tough to film pushing around and punching an 85 year old! :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

The thing is, I don't think Ashley realizes himself exactly what he has been doing. He has been almost tricking himself in a way.

I think anyone that has been watching the soap for the last few years would know that Ashley is not an inherently bad person, the opposite in fact. I think Laurel's affair damaged him mentally.

While there is no excusing it, I think these situations could develop anywhere and happen to anyone so I wouldn't be too quick to throw around words like 'evil' etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,458 ✭✭✭ppink

One of Laurel, Belle or Chas becomes pregnant, think it will be Chas by Cameron

Oh i hope its not the middle one:(.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Old Turner had to turn his head in a kinda "ok now im interested" kinda way when Ashley was telling Marlon he won :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭willmunny1990

Feel sorry for Ashley, he can't say anything right at the moment.

He should of had the guts to bin Laurel when he found out about Marlon and it would of prevented all this. Laurel is know good for him.

I believed Ashley when he said he wanted to make things perfect for Laurel, he was doing his best to save his marriage and his frustrations inevitably boiled over and unfortunately Sandy was in the firing line.

I wanted Ashley to batter Marlon tonight

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭willmunny1990

I wanted Ashley to batter Marlon tonight

Marlon is a worm.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,781 ✭✭✭clappyhappy

Who is responsible for Amy's make up. She looks ridiculous with her oumpa lumpa face and white neck, Victoria standing beside her looked perfectly made up. Mad.....

• Registered Users Posts: 12,434 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

Live episode confirmed:-

http://www.rte.ie/ten/2012/0502/emmerdale2.html

Emmerdale will broadcast a live episode for its 40th anniversary.

Emmerdale will broadcast a live episode
    Related Articles
    Danny Miller leaving Emmerdale
    Emmerdale pair to embark on affair
    Kirsty-Leigh Porter launching music career
    Miller 'honoured' by big Emmerdale plots
    Emmerdale's Kelly to struggle with lies
    Emmerdale star reveals plot details
    Jason Merrells and Gaynor Faye, who play Macey siblings Declan and Megan gave a few hints about what fans can expect.

Speaking to Digital Spy at the British Soap Awards Merrells said: "We've got the 40th anniversary of the show [coming up], it's got a live ep so everybody's positive about that. It should be pretty good, the stories are getting stronger and everything's hotting up."

Faye added: "None of us actually know whether we're involved or not... I think they're going to try and involve everybody because it's such a celebration and such an achievement to get to the 40th year. So fingers crossed everybody will be involved."

The special broadcast will take place in October.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭pookiesboo

This Zak storyline is ridiculous, hes really bumming me out too, I dont get it!

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭Kaching

pookiesboo wrote: »
    This Zak storyline is ridiculous, hes really bumming me out too, I dont get it!

he's warped , putting his wife through all that unnecessarily

So Cameron claims he loves Sarah yet he knew she had the hospital and went off with her granauntie :mad:

Cameron is a pathetic waste of space.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,113 ✭✭✭Lumbo

Can someone tell me where Zak got that money?

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭Kaching

what money?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,113 ✭✭✭Lumbo

Kaching wrote: »
    what money?
    In last nights episode he'd a big roll of money in his pocket. He then hid it under a rock.
    I've been drifting in and out of Emerdale for the last few months, so sometimes I've no idea what's going on.

• Advertisement

Emmerdale is on tonight at 7.30pm

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement