Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Emmerdale [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,950 ✭✭✭Radio5

Yes, Emma is great! She seemed to have a change of tack though when she went back and tidied up the doctors office.

Debbie's dress was hideous. Real Miss Havisham.

They'll drag the break up with Pete (if it ever happens) on and on and on and on and on... loved her and Cain giving Jimmy grief about the illegal driver. As if they and St.Charity had ever done anything of the sort.

Laurel's mum was featured quite a bit before she and Doug split. Interesting to see how Laurel reacts especially knowing how Marlon feels about her. He was good last night, quite restrained for Marlon and no windmill hands.

The Dingles aren't the only ones to keep it in the family. Carl King married his half-sisters half-sister at one stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,971 ✭✭✭✭walshb

My god, the Ross/Debbie/Pete love triangle is as dull as dishwater!

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    But Pete is so dull and boring

He is very attractive though :o

• Registered Users Posts: 85,508 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I did lol at James telling Emma no one would think she is the mother of the groom which is so true :p

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

For no reason whatsoever this particular episode from Stephen's Day 2002 popped into my head tonight and I decided to see if it were up online as I hadn't watched it since it originally aired. Anyway, apparently there is already a Moses Dingle from Chile who gets mentioned in the second scene of the episode. Also, see Debbie when she first arrived in Emmerdale (think this was her 3rd ever episode), check out the previous incarnations of Robert and Victoria, Paddy with hair, Alfie the Dingle dog when he was still a pup, and Terry is alive and covering up a murder of the dodgy Irish bloke Ray with Louise aka. Marilyn from Home & Away. Great to see some old favourites again and some current favourites back in the day - some great old clips and episodes of a fair few of the soaps on YouTube these days.

• Advertisement

How come nobody has missed Noah?He didn't even get taken to get a suit for his sister's wedding!

Where did Bob get all that cash?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

For no reason whatsoever this particular episode from Stephen's Day 2002 popped into my head tonight and I decided to see if it were up online as I hadn't watched it since it originally aired. Anyway, apparently there is already a Moses Dingle from Chile who gets mentioned in the second scene of the episode. Also, see Debbie when she first arrived in Emmerdale (think this was her 3rd ever episode), check out the previous incarnations of Robert and Victoria, Paddy with hair, Alfie the Dingle dog when he was still a pup, and Terry is alive and covering up a murder of the dodgy Irish bloke Ray with Louise aka. Marilyn from Home & Away. Great to see some old favourites again and some current favourites back in the day - some great old clips and episodes of a fair few of the soaps on YouTube these days.

Love looking at old soap episodes. Looking forward to watching this later. I used to love Terry!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,856 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

LynnGrace wrote: »
    Love looking at old soap episodes. Looking forward to watching this later. I used to love Terry!

Have to confess , had completely forgotten about Terry , sorry :(
    But a quick google and my memory recovered sharpish , think Bob kind of came up to the forefront after Terrys demise really then.

Would love to start watching Emmerdale from the very beginning again, Emmerdale Farm , would be interesting watching the progression throughout the years.

Annie Sugden and Amos (beardsley?) would be turning in their graves at the antics nowadays :)

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    Have to confess , had completely forgotten about Terry , sorry :(
    But a quick google and my memory recovered sharpish , think Bob kind of came up to the forefront after Terrys demise really then.

Would love to start watching Emmerdale from the very beginning again, Emmerdale Farm , would be interesting watching the progression throughout the years.

Annie Sugden and Amos (beardsley?) would be turning in their graves at the antics nowadays :)

I think the first couple hundred of Emmerdale (Farm) are on YouTube actually because they've all been released on DVD over the past few years...

I think the first couple hundred of Emmerdale (Farm) are on YouTube actually because they've all been released on DVD over the past few years...

Thanks for that , trip down memory lane due shortly so :)

• Advertisement

Thanks for that , trip down memory lane due shortly so :)

Here's part 1 of episode 1 anyway to get you started.

Here's part 1 of episode 1 anyway to get you started.

Ahh lordie , . Thank you I appreciate that , Time to make coffee and sit back and enjoy, thank you.

Ahh lordie , . Thank you I appreciate that , Time to make coffee and sit back and enjoy, thank you.

I just watched it there while I was having my tea and it's far better than I had expected it to be - it's still very dated, but as an opening episode of a new TV series there's a lot set up in 20 minutes... Must watch a few more.

Radio5 wrote: »
    How come nobody has missed Noah?He didn't even get taken to get a suit for his sister's wedding!

Debbie & Noah never have scenes together yet they are brother & sisters its sure is annoying

Debbie & Noah never have scenes together yet they are brother & sisters its sure is annoying

Not really. I hardly see brother and sister and I grew up in the same house as them (myself and the brother are still living in the same house and we might see each other in passing 3 times a week because we lead separate live). Debbie and Noah have really only known each other the past 6 years since Noah came back to the village and sure then there's the age difference as well.

Anyway, we only see just a little over of 2 hours of Emmerdale in a week - I'm sure they see enough of each other during the rest of the time in which the writers/producers deem too unimportant and uneventful to show us.

I just watched it there while I was having my tea and it's far better than I had expected it to be - it's still very dated, but as an opening episode of a new TV series there's a lot set up in 20 minutes... Must watch a few more.

Watched it last night , ah , how young they were in it !

Loved the old cars , the geese running up the farm , as you say it's dated but loved some of the camera shots to be honest , very well done , especially the one that zoomed back from the horserider through the hearse , I really enjoyed it , thank you :)

Where did Bob get all that cash?

Carly gave Bob the money from Ross who robbed one of Jimmy's trucks

Yes Noah don't seem to be included in Debbie's wedding plans at all, he isn't happy about new baby brother Moses so perhaps that is why he isn't visiting big sister Debbie

Just watched the 2002 Ray Mullin episode, great storyline and he was a real baddie. Even Cain wasn't too brave around him as far as I remember! Whatever became of the actor?He was from Limerick I think.

Strange to see Paddy with hair and married to Emily. He's on marriage no 3 now, just like Marlon.

Just watched the 2002 Ray Mullin episode, great storyline and he was a real baddie. Even Cain wasn't too brave around him as far as I remember! Whatever became of the actor?He was from Limerick I think.

Strange to see Paddy with hair and married to Emily. He's on marriage no 3 now, just like Marlon.

He's been in a couple of things since Emmerdale, but apparenty most recently he was done for running a Cannabis Factory in Liverpool or something...

Ross is some cocky bastard ;) most of the time I am rooting for him

• Advertisement

I called it Val is going to fake death maybe use the sink hole as a cover

So am I right in thinking that Charitys plan is for Ross to try split up Cain and Moira ?So she can make her move on Cain when she's released from prison?

Only caught some of last nights episode .

So am I right in thinking that Charitys plan is for Ross to try split up Cain and Moira ?So she can make her move on Cain when she's released from prison?

You are correct and tjecactor who played Lawrence just signed a new contract so he is staying

You are correct and tjecactor who played Lawrence just signed a new contract so he is staying

Thanks . Glad Lawrence is staying , just hope they give him some good storylines soon , show more of his character .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭pigtown

Thanks . Glad Lawrence is staying , just hope they give him some good storylines soon , show more of his character .

Ya I don't understand why they linked him to Edna's past at the beginning and then had them speak to eachother only a few times. It would be more believable if he was just a totally new character.

pigtown wrote: »
    Ya I don't understand why they linked him to Edna's past at the beginning and then had them speak to eachother only a few times. It would be more believable if he was just a totally new character.

That's a fair point but I just hope they boost up his storylines as it seems like he's just playing a side line to Chrissies character at the minute , imo.

The funeral scenes were great, occasions like that bring out the worst in families especially where there are problems already. Thought the scene with Doug and Diane discussing his life with Hilary was very poignant, "for years I didn't know where she ended and I began".

Strange how nobody noticed the prison visiting order going missing.

Have Chrissie and Rhona said 2 words to each other before and now they're buddies in the pub and inviting them to lunch.

Did Robert admit his involvement in Paddy's "accident" or was he just hinting at it to wind Paddy up?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭ShazGV

Great scene between Paddy & Aaron at the car. It really does feel like Paddy is his dad sometimes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,637 ✭✭✭Alice1

Yes, I think he did admit his involvement. Along the lines of "there will be nobody to save you next time"

• Advertisement

Yes so Ross will send Moira the photo of Cain and Chrissie kissing

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement