If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Philips Shop - New Website

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭2 Wheels Good

Hi, what would you recommend in a 32"? I'll be hooking it up to a Humax HD freesat box, Apple TV, dvd and sport and movies would be my main concern from picture quality. thanks, Pat

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Ashley

Hi, what would you recommend in a 32"? I'll be hooking it up to a Humax HD freesat box, Apple TV, dvd and sport and movies would be my main concern from picture quality. thanks, Pat

Hey Pat,

There would be 2 TV's which would get our major thumbs up here for all round greatness.

The 32PFL8404 - Full HD 1080p, 100Hrz, 80,000:1 contrast ratio, AmbiLight and NET TV. This is the little brother of our most popular set at the moment, the 42PFL8404, and is a gorgeous TV. The specs are great but the finish gives that little extra. There's a very slimline high gloss black frame so when your watching it looks almost like just a picture not a TV and of course the Ambilight really brings the whole picture to life. :)

Spec: http://www.consumer.philips.com/c/televisions-8000-series/8000-series-32-inch-full-hd-1080p-digital-tv-32pfl8404h_12/prd/gb/

And then there's the best of the best. The 32PFL9604. This is by far the best 32" we've ever seen in here. Its again Full HD 1080p but at 200Hrz, 80.000:1 contrast, Ambilight and WiFi NET TV. Its got a great finish too with a charcoal brushed steel inner frame and a chrome line above the base speakers. Also the sound on this set has a real kick to it. Its big brother the 42PFL9664 won the What HiFi magazine showdown last month and basically booted the competition out of the way. :D

Spec: http://www.consumer.philips.com/c/catalog/catalog.jsp?productid=32PFL9604H_12_GB_CONSUMER&language=en&country=GB&catalogType=CONSUMER&_requestid=1160073

Both are brilliant so I guess its just a matter of decision making now. :confused:

Let me know what you think and I'll PM you some more info if you need.

Thanks a million, Nicola. (PH: 474 0788)

Hi Nicola, thanks for the reply, sounds great but don't think my budget can go to those.
    I've been looking in the €400ish to €600ish price range. Anything around there? thanks, Pat

Hi Pat

Well there is the excellent 32PFL7404 (same TV as the 8404 minus the Ambilight and Net TV function) so its got Pixel Precise Hd Processing, 100Hz Clear LCd and all the other image goodies.
    This retails for €699.99 but you can take 10% off that price.

or have a look at the 32PFL5604
    www.p4c.philips.com/files/3/32pfl5604h_12/32pfl5604h_12_pss_eng.pdf

This TV is the foundation of the range, it is a Full HD Tv with Pixel Plus HD processing but not 100Hz and a lower (but still very good) contrast ratio of 50000:1 and a 5ms response time

This TV sells for €549.99 (again you can take 10% off this

Hope these are more tempting!

Cheers
    Ash

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 realcavanman

Hi,I am looking to get a 42" screen, prob a plasma. I need one for a room at the back of a pub that has a pool table. It would be used for showing sport (mainly Soccer/GAA)and music (VH1 etc) so would be best to have a decent screen and sound. At the moment i have Sky+ not HD, in the bar area and will be taking a feed from there. I suppose best to future proof and get a screen that is Full HD. Would be nice to be able to show stuff from a PC as well, maybe pictures from a party night or ads for upcoming events.
    Computer Shopper gives the Panasonic Viera TX-P42G10B a 5/5 and best Buy, only to say 'it doesn't upscale Freeview broadcasts very well' (which i can get here on the border) Is this a big problem?
    'What Plasma and LCD' gives it a 4/5 stating 'not particularly accomplished at re-scaling standard definition'
    Maybe your Philips FULL HD 42PFL5604h is better suited?
    Like the sound of the LG PQ6000 but it's not 1080P, maybe it will soon?
    Any advice appreciated.

• Advertisement

Ah big TV's and Pubs - nice mix that!

The 42PFL5604H is a very good TV and a vey keen price.
    www.p4c.philips.com/files/4/42pfl5604h_12/42pfl5604h_12_pss_eng.pdf
    This is the foundation of the Philips range and will look good when fed with Sky.

We sell these in store for €799.99 but with the Boards 10% Discount you are looking at €719.99

The next step up model is the hugely popular 42PFL7404
    www.p4c.philips.com/files/4/42pfl7404h_12/42pfl7404h_12_pss_eng.pdf

This TV builds on the 5604 with the addition of 100Hz image processing (great for sports) Better contrast range and faster response times (3ms compared to 5ms) so handles motion better and is topped off with Pixel Precise image processing...makes a great all round viewin experience

Now we sell this at €899.99 in store as taking the Boardies 10% discount into accout that make it €809.99 to you.

Get one of these up on your wall and you'll have happy punters (Pinters??) both TV's are 1080p Full HD sets.

we carry arange of wall mounts as well, call on in and I'll show you both TV's and the mounting options available for them.

Have a look at the spec's above and let me know what you think

Cheers
    Ash

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭DamoRed

Hi, Ash, I was in the shop with you a couple of weeks ago. Can you remind me, please, the difference between the 5404 and the 5604?

hi DamoRed

The 5404 is HD ready and the 5604 is Full HD.

Simple eh!

ash

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 realcavanman

Ah big TV's and Pubs - nice mix that!

The 42PFL5604H is a very good TV and a vey keen price.
    This is the foundation of the Philips range and will look good when fed with Sky.

We sell these in store for €799.99 but with the Boards 10% Discount you are looking at €719.99

The next step up model is the hugely popular 42PFL7404

This TV builds on the 5604 with the addition of 100Hz image processing (great for sports) Better contrast range and faster response times (3ms compared to 5ms) so handles motion better and is topped off with Pixel Precise image processing...makes a great all round viewin experience

Now we sell this at €899.99 in store as taking the Boardies 10% discount into accout that make it €809.99 to you.

Get one of these up on your wall and you'll have happy punters (Pinters??) both TV's are 1080p Full HD sets.

we carry arange of wall mounts as well, call on in and I'll show you both TV's and the mounting options available for them.

Have a look at the spec's above and let me know what you think

Cheers
    Ash

Thanks Ash, friend of mine has a 42PFL8404 and am kinda veering towards that. Will be in touch.

Hi there

Thats a great TV to veer towards!"
    I have them in stock if thgat helps your decision - you could walk out the shop today with it under your arm:) - yep they're light.....

Cheers
    Ash

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭logistic

Hi

Looking for 26" television.

Whats the prices on the 26PFL3404 range?

Thanks
    Andrew.

Nicola on behalf of Ash

Hey Andrew,

PM sent! Thanks,

Nicola.

• Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭logistic

thanks Ash, just dropped you another pm

Nicola on behalf of Ash

Hey Andrew,

Responded to that. Have a look and let me know what you think.

Thanks, Nicola.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,076 ✭✭✭gman2k

Big thanks to Nicola for her help in snagging an iBoom yesterday!
    Cheers!:)

Hi, is the price still €549.99 for the 32PFL5604? thanks, Pat

Hi there Pat

Thats what we sell that TV for instore.

But why not take advantage of our 10% Philips Shop Boards Discount and pick one up for €494.99???

From memory I think I have one or two available that aren't reserved up for customres, I'll check a little later.

Cheers
    Ash

Hi Pat

Yep I have a couple available should want one for the weekend.

Set one aside for you??

Cheers
    Ash

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 arthurmoore

Hi guys,

Do you still have the MCi500H with the free was6050?
    If you do I would be very interested in getting one.

Thanks

Hi Arthurmoore

I've pm you.

cheers
    Ash

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 185 ✭✭Pinarello

Hi Ash,
    Myself and the better half are thinking of getting a 42inch LCD tv for Xmas.Would have to be full HD. What would you recommend please? :)

Hi Pinarello

Well I have LOTS I can recommend.
    All our 42" LCD TV's are Full HD sets.

The range starts with the 42PFL5604H Pixel Plus HD
    This is the foundation of the range and offers 3x HDMI, VGA and USB inputs. Handels HD and SD sources with ease.
    You get a 2 year warranty on this set at the moment as well

Next up is the 7 and 8 series TV's, the 42PFL7404 and 42PFL8404.
    These TV's use the more powerful Pixel Precise HD image processing and rteally come into there own with HD sourses.
    These TV's have a 100Hz image refresh rate and offer 3ms response time so handle motion very well.
    The contrast is greater with these TV's over the 5 series offering 80000:1

The only difference between the 7 and 8/ series TV's is the later offers AMBILIGHT and NET TV - you can access the open web with pretty much no restrictrions.
    We offer a free 3 year warranty on the 7 and 4 year warranty on the 8 series TV's

THESE TV's have been massively popular with Boardies.
    I've attached the spec for the 7404 below

Finally the flagship of the range, the 42PFL9664H

This TV has our most powerful and advanced image processing , Perfect Pixel HD and teams this up with 200Hz screen refreshh rate and a 1ms response time. Its an amazing TV this one - i'm very envious of all the Boardies that have one of these......:( (I dont.....yet...)

You can once more access the web via this TV (Wired or Wireless)
    It gives you 5 HDMI inputs, 2x SCARTS, VGA< USB etc etc - you wount run out of places to plug gear into this TV!

This TV is the WHAT HI-FI AWARD WINING PREMIUM 42" TV of 2009 - it is STUNNING - just ask any Boardie here who has one!

You get a 5year warranty with this set
    Have a looksee at the spec and see what you think.

www.p4c.philips.com/files/4/42pfl9664h_12/42pfl9664h_12_pss_eng.pdf

We have all these TV's on display and I'd be happy to take you through them if you call in.

Prices..
    The 42PFL5604H retails for €749.99
    The 42PFL7404 retails for €949.99
    The 42PFL8404h retails for €999.99
    and the 42PFL9664H retails for €1799.99

Now as a Boardie you can avail of our 10% Philips Shop Boards Discount off all the above prices - can't go wrong there eh!

Give me a shout on (01) 474 0788 if you have any questions or pop on in to the shop.

Have a good weekend
    Cheers
    Ash

• Closed Accounts Posts: 185 ✭✭Pinarello

Hi Pinarello

Well I have LOTS I can recommend.
    All our 42" LCD TV's are Full HD sets.

The range starts with the 42PFL5604H Pixel Plus HD
    This is the foundation of the range and offers 3x HDMI, VGA and USB inputs. Handels HD and SD sources with ease.
    You get a 2 year warranty on this set at the moment as well

Next up is the 7 and 8 series TV's, the 42PFL7404 and 42PFL8404.
    These TV's use the more powerful Pixel Precise HD image processing and rteally come into there own with HD sourses.
    These TV's have a 100Hz image refresh rate and offer 3ms response time so handle motion very well.
    The contrast is greater with these TV's over the 5 series offering 80000:1

The only difference between the 7 and 8/ series TV's is the later offers AMBILIGHT and NET TV - you can access the open web with pretty much no restrictrions.
    We offer a free 3 year warranty on the 7 and 4 year warranty on the 8 series TV's

THESE TV's have been massively popular with Boardies.
    I've attached the spec for the 7404 below

Finally the flagship of the range, the 42PFL9664H

This TV has our most powerful and advanced image processing , Perfect Pixel HD and teams this up with 200Hz screen refreshh rate and a 1ms response time. Its an amazing TV this one - i'm very envious of all the Boardies that have one of these......:( (I dont.....yet...)

You can once more access the web via this TV (Wired or Wireless)
    It gives you 5 HDMI inputs, 2x SCARTS, VGA< USB etc etc - you wount run out of places to plug gear into this TV!

This TV is the WHAT HI-FI AWARD WINING PREMIUM 42" TV of 2009 - it is STUNNING - just ask any Boardie here who has one!

You get a 5year warranty with this set
    Have a looksee at the spec and see what you think.

www.p4c.philips.com/files/4/42pfl9664h_12/42pfl9664h_12_pss_eng.pdf

We have all these TV's on display and I'd be happy to take you through them if you call in.

Prices..
    The 42PFL5604H retails for €749.99
    The 42PFL7404 retails for €949.99
    The 42PFL8404h retails for €999.99
    and the 42PFL9664H retails for €1799.99

Now as a Boardie you can avail of our 10% Philips Shop Boards Discount off all the above prices - can't go wrong there eh!

Give me a shout on (01) 474 0788 if you have any questions or pop on in to the shop.

Have a good weekend
    Cheers
    Ash

Good man Ash. I just sent you a pm....;)

Hi Pinarello

No worries- pm answered.
    atb
    Ash

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 luisandesanvia

Hi, I live in Cork city do you serve there, what would be the best rpice you have for the Philips 37PFL5604. Also if you want to quote be for other models/brands on 37". Thanks in advance.

Regards

• Registered Users Posts: 8 MVK

Hi

I am think of buying one of the following TV's and was wondering if you could give me a price on the following items.

40PFL9704 200Hz LED
    42PFL9803 100Hz LED

Could you also price for a blue ray player BDP3000 and one of the glass shelving units . Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭bigbadpat

I was considering the 37PFL7404H or the 37PFL8404H which one is best ??

Please advise on price and availability for each.

I assume free delivery to Dublin 13 and I can order via an email with my Credit Card details.

Just a small point about this thread:
    September 2009 - Philips LCD TV prices & Warranty offer
    at the link
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055667989

I suggest you change the specification document link for the 40PFL9704H

from the Preliminary Specification document link
    http://www.awe-europe.com/documents/40pfl9704h_leaflet.pdf

to the current up to date specification document link
    http://www.p4c.philips.com/files/4/40pfl9704h_12/40pfl9704h_12_pss_eng.pdf

I had to search the Phillips web site for this spec doc to find the dimensions for the 40PFL9704H LCD TV.
    (alas it was too big for the available area).

Patrick

Hi Patrick

I can simplify your choice for you!
    There is no 37PFL7404 just the 37PFL8404H.

At their core the 7 and 8 series are exactly the same TV's but the 8 Series adds wired NET TV and AMBILIGHT into the mix.

These TV's have been massively popular with Boardies (Boardies have taste and know a quaility product when the see one:D)

I should see these in towards the end of the week but these are getting reserved pretty quickly.

I'm happy to take payment over the phone and I'll throw in delivery free...
    Oh you can have a 4 year warranty with that as well.

As you may know we sell this instore for €899.99 but as your a Boardie you can use the 10% Philips Shop Boardies Discount and reduce this TV to €809.99.

Give me a shout on (01) 474 0788 and I can look after you.

Shame about the 40PFL9704not fitting - I'll loan you a sledge hammer and chisel to make the space for it......

cheers
    Ash

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭bigbadpat

Thanks Ash I will give you a call shortly

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭thorbarry

Hey Guys

Do you have the Samsung SM933HD (LCD) in stock in Dublin? I would very much like to avail of the 10% off offer :)

Barry

This discussion has been closed.