If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Philips Shop - New Website

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭McNulty

Hi Just wondering if you could quote for an 37PFL8404 and 42PFL8404? would be picking up from Dame St. Is availability OK on these?

Thanks

James

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Ashley

Nicola on behalf of Ash:

Hey McNulty,

PM sent!

Thanks, Nicola. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 myacm

Hi
    Thanks for your pm re the 32" TV, wondering about a 26" TV too what's available?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 DaveHeno92

Hi Ashley :D,

Tv packed up on us just before the new year :(
    Went looking around local shops in Swords and the 37 inch 8404 caught my eye. Would you recommend this as a good buy? If so what's the best price I could get it for?

Thanks,
    Dave :)

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭jimbob_jones

Hi Folks,

Would you have the 22PFL3404 in stock in the Dame Street store ?

Cheers,
    James

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4 sawick

Hi Ash,
    I need a quote for this LCD TV, I'm very interested.
    Thanks in advance

Sorry for repeating myself but if you can quote me for 42PFL7404 as well, would be perfect.
    Thanks

Nicola on behalf of Ash:

Hey Myacm, DaveHeno92, Jimbob_Jones and sawick!

PM's sent to all! :D

Thanks a mil, Nicola.

Hi Nicola,
    I didn't receive any PM's so far....

Nicola on behalf of Ash:

Hey Sawick,

Hmmmm not sure what happened there. Will send you another now.

Sorry about that, Nicola.

Anyone else not recieve theirs?

• Advertisement

Nicola on behalf of Ash:

Cool Sawick I've double double checked and thats definately gone to you.

Thanks again, Nicola.

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭Austin1

Hi Folks

I think I'm right in saying the above is currently offered at €1619 inc. Boardies discount with 5yr warranty until 31st Jan - is that correct?

If so can you please PM me to confirm that these are in stock and available to collect in Dublin?

NB. Can you include your very best price for a stand as well please?

Cheers
    Austin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 mancom

Can you plese quote me for 42PFL8404 and 42PFL9664? How many years warranty they come with

• Company Representative Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Austin1 wrote: »
    Hi Folks

I think I'm right in saying the above is currently offered at €1619 inc. Boardies discount with 5yr warranty until 31st Jan - is that correct?

If so can you please PM me to confirm that these are in stock and available to collect in Dublin?

NB. Can you include your very best price for a stand as well please?

Cheers
    Austin

Austin,

Yep €1619 including the 5 year and we (just about) have enough stock in Dublin (we have loads in Belfast so stock is not a huge problem - just let us know when you are travelling!)

On the stand front - I can do the Icon Modus rack at €169.99 - this is a stonking price for a serious quality product.

Thanks again for the post & drop me a line if I can assist in any way,

ATB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Hi Mancom

The Extended warranty has been extended through to the 31st Jan 2010.

Our sale prices on the 42PFL8404H is €899.99 with a 4 year warranty
    The Sale price on the 42PFL9664H is €1619.99 and this has a 5 year extended warranty.

I have both up and running and would be delighted to demo both to you if you'd like to see them in action.

both are fantastic TV's
    Just to put a little temptation in the way - have a look at this, the 40PFL9704H
    download.p4c.philips.com/files/4/40pfl9704h_12/40pfl9704h_12_pss_eng.pdf

Recieved a pretty excellent review in the latest What Hi-Fi - (not up on their website as yet though, I just checked) - compared the quality of its black levels to the Pioneer Kuro range (RIP).

This TV is on sale for €1799.99 which is down from our regular price of €1999.99.
    THIS is a dynamite TV.

Call on in and check 'em all out
    atb
    Ash

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 mancom

Thanks Ash,
    are these prices after bordies discount?

• Registered Users Posts: 17 zaphodp77

Hi,

Was wondering about a 37" 9604, what would the best price on this be, I would also be thinking of getting a blu-ray player as well, which would be a suitable model, and for how much?

If I was really pushing the boat out and interested in getting a soundbar as well, would there be a particular model that you would recommend, and how much would this be.

Regards

Paul

Hi There Mancom.

Yes thats the post Boards discounted price - you folks get SALE prices 365days a year!!

Hi Zaphodp77

Our SALE Price on the excellent 37PFL9604H is €1099.99 (down from our regular price of €1299.99)

This TV also comes with a FREE 5 Year Extended Warranty as well.

As for Blu-Ray Players have a look at this cool piece of kit, the BDP7500SL
    download.p4c.philips.com/files/b/bdp7500sl_05/bdp7500sl_05_pss_eng.pdf

Its a fully featured Blu-Ray player with 1GB of memory built in for BD Live purposes and produces a excellent image on screen - wouold make a dynamite partner for the 37PFL96004H.
    This sells in store for €249.99 but with your 10% Philips Shop Boards Discount you can have it for €224.99 AND it even comes complete with a HDMI cable...

We have both in store on display so call on in and have a looksee.

Cheers
    Ash

• Registered Users Posts: 17 zaphodp77

Hi Ash,

Thanks for the reply.

Will try get in at the weekend and have a look, certainly very interested.

Regards

Paul

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45 johnnycage2008

Hi Ash,

Can you give me price check on the above two TV's please ?

Also, would you say the 42PFL8404H is so far clear a better TV to take a hit on the difference in size?

Thanks a million
    Johnny

Hey Johnnycage2008

I'll start with prices firstly.
    The SALE price on the 47PFL5604H €899.99 (2yr Warranty)
    The SALE price on the 42PFL8404H is €899.99 as well! (4 yr warranty)

The 47PFL5604H is excellent value for a 47" set and would make a nice big screen center piece for a home cinema.
    We have DVD running on it in store and it produces a rather nice image, actually its a very nice TV and all but the most demanding TV viewers would be well pleased with it.

As for the 42PFL8404H, this is a better TV alround however and a Boardies favourite.
    This TV has a greater contrast ratio and faster panel response time compared to the 5 series TV and uses our 100Hz Clear LCD panel partnered with Pixel Precise HD processing to give a better detailed and more fluid image.
    We love this TV - and with good reason!

We also carry a 47" version of this TV as well......The SALE price on this TV is €1349.99 (we typically sell this TV for €1499.99) again you have a 4 year warranty on this set.

So if you want the biggest screen for you money the 47" 5 series is the one to go for.
    IF you want the better performing TV the 8404 is most certainly the TV to go for:)

I have both on display so call on in and you can check 'em out!

Atb
    Ash

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭eas

HI Ash,

any chance of collecting a 42PFL8404H this weekend?

thanks

Nicola on behalf of Ash:

Hey eas,

PM on the way. :)

Nicola

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭Colmm23

Hi Guys,

just looking for a phillips mc235b wall mount hi fi. I have one and was thinkin of another. What price are they retailing at?

Thanks Colm

Hi there Colmm23

I have the MC235B in stock at the moment
    PM on the way with price

Cheers
    Ash

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 james00x

Hi Ashley,
    Can you quote the best price for 47PFL9664? with the boardies discount and all?
    And am I looking at a huge difference in Picture Quality if I look at the cheaper 7404 if the net TV isn't an issue?
    Thanks in advance
    James M

Hi James00x

The best Boardies price on the 47PFL9664H (MY favourite Philips TV...but I've been told I can't have one:(....) is €1799.99 this is with the 10% Philips Shop Boardies Reduction from our TSP of €1999.99.
    Its only €200 more than the 42PFL9664 (€1999.99 V €1799.99) so I think it's the better deal....if you can accomodate a 47" in your livingroom.

Philips haven't brought the 47PFL7404 into Ireland as they have gone with the 47PFL8404 (same TV but has Ambilight and NET TV) instead and your Boardies price on this is €1349.99 after the discount is applied to our TSP of €1499.99.

Is the 9 series better? - YES it is!
    The 8 series 47" is an excellent set but I feel the 9 series 47" shows subtle improvements with image detail and motion handling esp' when fed HD sources which is what you'll be doing with these TV's right??
    It just rings out the last degree of detail from Blu-Rays and has remarkable depth to the image and has a very natural colour range - nothing is over blown, yep I love it...

However if the 9664 is a little beyond budget you can't go wrong with the 47PFL8404H and many Boardies will tell you how pleased they are with it - rightly so too

Anyway I have both 47" 8 and 9 series TV's on show so please call in and check 'em out for yourself

Cheers for the questions
    ATB
    Ash

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 james00x

Hi Ash,
    Thanks for the info.
    Visited the shop at dame Street yesterday and met the helpful Ian. Compared the 52 inch 7404 and 47 9664. I somehow did not find a pic quality difference - but I am no videophile.

Thanks for the info - I will be deciding on something before your 5 years warranty deals expire.

Cheers

JM

• Advertisement

Hi there

You have until the 31st before the extended warranty offers expire.

Let me know if I can twist your arm! - or if you have any questions I can answer for you just ask away

cheers
    Ash

This discussion has been closed.