If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Philips Shop - New Website

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Ashley

Hi Peter

I see you picked up the MCi500 yesterday.
    Transfered all your CD onto it yet????

Nice system isn't it
    Esp' with the free WAS6050 AND boardies discount.....

Cheers
    Ash

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 pbnkbmkb

Hi Ash,

The MCI500 is great although I haven't used all the features as yet. The WAS6050 is also a pretty smart device especially, as you say, when it's free with the MCI500!

Thanks again,
    Peter

good to hear.
    Glad your enjoying it

atb
    Ash

• Closed Accounts Posts: 683 ✭✭✭leincar

Hi there,

I'm just wondering if you have any information on price and availability for the DC315 clock/radio/ipod dock.

Cheers.

Hi Leincar

I sure do

Its a rather neat little alarm clock dock that will wake you up to a Buzzer, FM radio station or a track from your iPod.
    It also makes for a cool iPod speaker dock as well.

www.p4c.philips.com/files/d/dc315_05/dc315_05_pss_eng.pdf

Its iPhone compatible as well.
    I have the next batch due into me this week.
    They have come down in price from €129.99 to €119.99 but I can offer you one for €108.

pop on in with your ipod and have a listen.

cheers
    Ash

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,493 ✭✭✭mcaul

AshMiller wrote: »
    Hi Peter

I have a special on the MCi500H - i'll give you the boards discount off this AND a free was6050 worth €250!!

Hows that eh!

stock is limited on this though.......

see you soon
    Ash

Was told discount did not apply - also told no further discount on old 80gb floor model. - Very poor service experience there last Sunday - a bit better yesterday, but one of your staff (not the long haired guy) has serious service attitude to anyone that comes in wearing t-shirt! (my apologies for that as I was trying to get a shop re-fit completed by yesterday morning and couln't change into a suit in order to go to the phillips shop)

Ended up getting 80gb gigajuke in power city for €269! (€105 cheaper than the phillips floor model)

Hi Mcaul

I'm very sorry to hear about your negative experience with us yesterday - I will certainly be investigating this situation with those involved as this IS NOT how we do business....

As far as clothing goes, as long as your wearing something it makes no difference to us as to how we will serve you..

As you may have seen over the various threads we work hard to give discounts and offer promotions that are Bordies exclusives, the general 10% discount is part that but there will always be a small number of exceptions to that rule, mostly involving items already heavily discounted products - but your certainly welcome to ask!

I do hope you enjoy your HDD Hifi and also hope that we maybe able to assist you in the future.

Again please accept my apologies
    Regards
    Ash

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,493 ✭✭✭mcaul

Ash - I know you work hard on customer service - which is why I made the comment - sure it was me that started this boards thread over a year ago as I had always found richer sounds & co a good bunch to deal with.

As a retailer myself (new store just just 300 metres from your store!), I'd prefer to know if certain staff don't make the mark.

pm on your query sent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 920 ✭✭✭elvis2002

Hi.

I'm looking to get a surround sound system for my Philips TV (no blueray yet but might get that also)

Can you recommend anything you have in the shop ?. I am looking at a budget of 1k (excluding blueray player) but will consider something just above that also.

Really looking for something that'll last a long time and got a big sound.

Thanks

Richie

Hi Richie

would you perfer a seperates based Surround system or a more all in one type system?

We have have a few systems but most of the 5.1 systems are more towards the entry level of the range and include a DVD drive (HTS3020 @ €149.99 HTS3367 @ €299.99)

However there is a pretty full on 7.1 system due for launch Sept/October time, along with a matching Blu-Ray player - this may be more up your street as it will be based around a AV Receiver and matching speakers allowing you to plug a good few bits of kit into it. Its not on the Philips web site just yet and I hate to say but its model number has slipped my mind:(

I'll chase our rep next week for info and I'll report back to you... I does look interesting fgrom what I've seen of it - I think John McD may have heard it in action at a recent Philips Trade Show he attended and was impressed.

If you are leaning more towards a Seperates based AV system our friends in Richer are the folks to ask. They are getting a few new bits of kit from Denon, Pioneer, Onkyo etc in stock at the moment and wouyld be able to guide you there.

I'll post up any spec Philips pass me on the new 7.1 system next week

Thanks for contacting us

Cheers
    Ash

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23 sublimer

Hi Ash and John,

Just wanted to thanks you guys for the "3" Philips 37 9604's!!!!

Just got the 1st one plugged up and OH MY GOD!!!! Its stunning.... Just like the price actually!

I'll be back for more deals soon.

Thanks a million.

S:D

• Company Representative Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Subby,

Thanks a million for the post and for the business - much appreciated!

Hope you enjoy the screens for many years to come (or until we can tempt you with 3 newer ones ;)

ATB,

John Mc

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Hi Sublimer

Told you they are excellent TV's!!!!

Bet you want one of those in 42" for yourself now rather than an 8404 eh:D:D

Will happily look after you with great prices when you need more Philips goodies.

cheers
    Ash

• Registered Users Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭Gavin

Hi,
    Just curious what sort of price you have on a 32PFL5604H/12 and if you can beat komplett's price of €536.99 ?

Thanks

Gavin wrote: »
    Hi,
    Just curious what sort of price you have on a 32PFL5604H/12 and if you can beat komplett's price of €536.99 ?

Thanks

No problem - we will beat it with a smile :)

€529.99?

In stock & ready to go - drop us a line if you would like to reserve one or if we can assist in any way,

ATB,

John Mc

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 4,076 ✭✭✭gman2k

John/ Ash,
    Is there any way you could get hold of one of these for me at that price?
    I'm looking to drive the front Left and right speakers in a 7.1 configuration with this amp. These two speakers are Monitor audio Radius 360 floorstanders, and the rest of the system is Mordaunt short Alumini. The AV amp is the Pioneer VSX-AX4AVi-S.
    The CA amp will also be used to just drive 2 channel to the 360s and to a second room also.
    Any suggestions/ help appreciated!
    Gman2k

gman2k wrote: »
    John/ Ash,
    Is there any way you could get hold of one of these for me at that price?
    I'm looking to drive the front Left and right speakers in a 7.1 configuration with this amp. These two speakers are Monitor audio Radius 360 floorstanders, and the rest of the system is Mordaunt short Alumini. The AV amp is the Pioneer VSX-AX4AVi-S.
    The CA amp will also be used to just drive 2 channel to the 360s and to a second room also.
    Any suggestions/ help appreciated!
    Gman2k

Gman,

the 540A is now completely sold out unfortunately - however I have PM'd you a mega price on the replacement 550A which you should love!!

Keep me posted,

ATB,

J

• Registered Users Posts: 6,328 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

im looking for a tv around the 19" size for PC and TV use, would you have any that would suit for around the 200 or less mark? thanks

Hey Corcaigh07,

Nicola here on behalf of Ash.

Thanks for your question. I've sent you a PM with an answer and prices.

Let me know if you need anything else,

Thanks,

Nicola.

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭bigbadpat

Im looking for a tv around the 22" to 26" size for TV use.
    Picture quality is the main criteria.

The plan is to use it in the Living room initially and then move to the Bedroom after I make up my mind exactly what kind of TV I want for the Living room.

Which 22" / 26" models & prices do you recommend.

Do you deliver ??

Regards,
    Patrick

• Advertisement

bigbadpat wrote: »
    Im looking for a tv around the 22" to 26" size for TV use.
    Picture quality is the main criteria.

The plan is to use it in the Living room initially and then move to the Bedroom after I make up my mind exactly what kind of TV I want for the Living room.

Which 22" / 26" models & prices do you recommend.

Do you deliver ??

Regards,
    Patrick

Hey Patrick,

Have sent you a PM. Hope this helps.

Give us a shout with any more queries.

Thanks a million,

Nicola.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,328 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

yea its a bit much im afraid.

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭bigbadpat

AshMiller wrote: »
    Hey Patrick,

Have sent you a PM. Hope this helps.

Give us a shout with any more queries.

Thanks a million,

Nicola.

Thanks for PM
    When you deliver - will you collect the old TV.
    Patrick

• Registered Users Posts: 25,395 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Can you guys give me a quote for the Sony BDP-S360 Blu Ray player?

Nicola on behalf of Ash

Hi Bigbadpat. Yes we will take your old TV away with us to recycle when we deliver.

Thanks, Nicola.

• Registered Users, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,516 Mod ✭✭✭✭sharkman

Hi Ash , I'm looking for a Philips DCP951/37 9-Inch Portable DVD Player with iPod Docking or similar , Once it has ipod docking .

Thanks .

sharkman wrote: »
    Hi Ash , I'm looking for a Philips DCP951/37 9-Inch Portable DVD Player with iPod Docking or similar , Once it has ipod docking .

Thanks .
    Nicola on behalf of Ash:

Hey Sharkman!

We don't have any of these guys in store at the moment but I'll get Ash to give Philips a buzz Monday morning and find out if we can get one in for you and at what price. (I'm off Monday :D)

Thanks a million, Nicola.

• Registered Users, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,516 Mod ✭✭✭✭sharkman

Thanks Nicola.

Hi Sharkman

That is a discontinued model I'm afraid.
    Philips no long carry stock and we sold our last a good few months back.
    Richersounds dont have stock either.

We have a couple of 7" LCD screen DVD portables but none will let you dock an iPod.

PET742 with 5hr battery life and 7" screen & remote plus car and mains power adaptors sells for €149.99
    or the PET721 with 7" screen with 2hr battery life plus car and mains power adaptors (No remote) and sells for €99.99

I'm afraid Philips wount be producing 8, 9 or 10" LCD screen portable DVD players now, just the 7" variety.

Hope this helps
    Ash

• Advertisement

OK , Thanks Ash .

This discussion has been closed.