If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Philips Shop - New Website

Options
191011121315»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Ashley

Hi Bearpal

Wow- the DCM3020 has been a massively popular micro Hifi - no wonder really as its very cool:)

I'll get a pm over to you asap

atb
    Ash

• Registered Users Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭Zak Flaps

Hi Zak

It's coming!
    Just not sure when:o
    I HOPE to have 'em before Christmas just waiting on a confirmed ETA.

Once I have an ETA from Philips I'll come straight back to you.
    Sorry nothing better to report back to you at the mo.......

Have a great weekend
    Atb
    Ash

Hey Ash. I gather you still don't know when the Soundring will be arriving.
    Christmas is fast approaching and I need a wireless speaker as a gift for someone. It was between the Soundring and the Logitech Wireless Boombox, so it'll have to be the Wireless Boombox (i have to order it online asap so it will arrive on time). Don't even know what it sounds like, but reviews are ok. It's for someone who's not an audiophile so it'll probably be fine.
    Thanks for your time Ash.
    Happy Christmas.

Hi Zak Flaps

I'm sorry STILL no eta on the newSoundRings:(

I'll will pop up a post once I have an ETA.

Sorry I couldn't help you out this time

Have a great Christmas

atb
    Ash

• Registered Users Posts: 10 WhyWasThatFor

Hi,
    Would you have any Philips Imageo LED CandleLights (3 pack) in Dame St. and if so could you give me price please.
    Thanks,
    WWTF

Nicola on behalf of Ash:

Hey WhyWasThatFor,

We should hopefully see these back in over the next few days. If you'd like to PM me you name and contact phone number I'll pop you down on our system and give you a buzz as soon as we see these in.

What colour were you after - Natural, Red or Blue.

Thanks a mil, Nicola. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10 WhyWasThatFor

Hi Nicola. PM send. I'm looking for the Natural thanks. Could you give me a price please.

• Registered Users Posts: 626 ✭✭✭asgaard

Hi Ash
    Could You priced me Philips 42PFL7606h/42PFL7696h, please? What do You think about contrast which is only 500000:1. Is it enough for gaming and sport/film?

Thanks

hi Asgaard

I'll pm you a Boardies Special Price on this wonderful TV no problem at all.
    It sells for €999.99 in store (and is worth every last cent!:))

ONLY 500,000:1 Contrast ratio!!!
    I personally wouldn't get to caught up in the numbers game, they are there as a guide at best.
    This TV produces a first rate image, as i'm sure the many Boardies who have grabbed one over the last couple of months would agree.

The 42PFL7606H looks great with all types of content and programming including games (we have tried it with Xbox 360 and PS3)

There's many factors that go into producing the final image on the TV's screen: the actual panel itself, the panels response time, contrast ratio, ability with motion handling, image processing, type of backlighting...the list goes on - all of these (should) work in harmony to display an image on screen.

And as they say the proof is in the tasting (might be in the pudding - not sure.....) so call on into us and have a look see at it yourself - you'll want it - and we have 'em in stock ready to go to a good home for Christmas

Finally, the 42PFL7696 isnt available to us.

pm is on its way

Have a good one

atb
    Ash

• Registered Users Posts: 4,316 ✭✭✭lafors

Hi,

I had been asking about the 3D upgrade kit recently but then noticed that there were an updated version of the glasses coming out so decided to hold off.

Do you have (or can you get)...
    PTA215 3D transmitter
    PTA516 Active 3D glasses (2 pairs)

Can I get a boardsie price on them?

Cheers,
    Ian

PS The AS111 Android Dock (bedside clock) I got from you before christmas is pretty cool. Even better when I realised I didn't need to install the philips apps and it works perfectly with my phones own alarm/radio/tune-in app :)

Hi Lafors

I'm afraid the PTA215 transmitter isnt available Ireland -Philip ave not brought it in as the newer Active 3D TV's have it built in

The PTA516 retail for €99.99 but i'll pm you a price on these now.

Glad your enjoying the AS111 dock:D

Cheers
    Ash

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭€>sense

Hi,

Is there a philips 46 or 47 inch TV that can fit in an alcove with a height of 695 mm? if not can you recommend the biggest Philips that will fit?

I have a Philips 37" that fits just fine, but would like to upgrade.

BTW my old set has Pixel plus 2, is it safe to assume that the new pixel perfect are actual improvements on this technology? I bought a new samsung and had to send it back as I missed the pixel plus and the picture settings wizard that asked me a series questions as to which screen half I preferred until I got what picture I preferred, is it also safe to assume that an ynew philips will have the same?

Nicola on behalf of Ash:

Hey Sense,

PM sent! :D

Thanks, Nicola.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Thumbpilot

Hello,

I have a Philips HTS 7200/12 home cinema that I need to get repaired. There is something wrong with the touch panel. Sometimes no lights on, sometimes only the red on/off (nothing happens when I press it) and sometimes one or more of the buttons light up really bright.

Anyone else experience this - does it just require the touch panel to be replaced? If so where could I get one or what is the part number?

Any info appreciated.

Nicola on behalf of Ash:

Hey Thumbpilot,

We offer a repair service in our store. You can drop the unit into us at our store The Philips Shop, 19-22 Dame Street, Dublin 2.

There is a €40 deposit for the repair which is deducted from the overall price of the repair. If you decide not to go ahead with the repair the €40 is non refundable.

We would really need our service engineer to take a look at it in order to see what the problem may be.

Feel free to give us a buzz on (01) 474 0788 if you'd like more info.

Thanks a mil, Nicola.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Thumbpilot

Nicola,

Thanks for the fast reply!

I'll try and get it repaired locally, might be a while before I get to Dublin.

I appreciate the info though.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 RGMR2

Hi Nicola Ash,
    An uninitiated mate of mine is looking for a TV. He isn't terribly fussy about what he gets but the following are his requirements.
    37 to 42 inch can be plasma LCD or LED
    HD ready or full HD
    preferably with the USB port to play media files (and be pretty good at playing media files)
    saorview also required.
    Can you please send me a/some suggestions for such a TV including delivery to Galway?
    Many thanks.

Hi RGMR2

I can certainly make a few suggestions for you to pass on:)

I'll start with the 37PFL4606H
    37pfl4606h_12__fv_.jpg
    This is a 37" 1080p LCD TV
    Soarview certified
    Plays many file types via USB
    400Hz Perfect Motion Rate processing so handles motion nice and fluidly
    Features our respected Pixel Plus HD image processor.

This is a very nice TV all round and is sure to please.
    This TV sells for €569.99

It is also available in a 42" Screen size, the 42PFL4606H exact same features - just BIGGER!
    This one sells for €649.99

Also if he'd fancy something a little sleeker and with LED Edge Lighting check out this.
    40pfl5606h_58__fv_.jpg
    This is is our 40PFL5606H LED TV

This TV once again is Saorview certified
    1080x 1920P Full HD
    Uses our Pixel Plus HD processor
    Handles multiply file types via USB
    Is a 100Hz Perfect Motion Rate processor
    500,000:1 contrast Ratio

Thanks to the LED Edge lighting its a very slim TV form factor wise.
    This TV once again produces a very detailed image thanks to the Pixel Plus image processor, which helps wring every last bit of detail from the source

This TV sells for €749.99

For a complete overview of our vast range have a look here

Let me know what takes his fancy and i'll do a Boardies Special Price for him:)

ATB
    Ash

This discussion has been closed.