Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I can haz general discussion?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭allandanyways

Frickin friends aren't going to Xmas day because they're all doing an essay that I nerded up last week, so I have to wait til 5 to go to the SU, by which time everyone will be gone. I'm in half a mind to just get a few cans and a mizzonis. :(

and it's my last one as an undergrad too :(

• Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Michellenman

Yeah my friends are doing essays too. It's 1500 words, she started it last week. It's not due till Wednesday. Yet still, she won't come out. She's science student, she's not used to essays :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,878 ✭✭✭Rozabeez

Come with meeee Allandanyways!! I'll be there about 2 with Ciara :)

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Xxhaylsxx

Formal report finally finished :) su and lots of drinking for me tomorrow after all

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭LeixlipRed

Feck you all, I wont be joining your shenanigans. Old and grumpy :P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

Not drinking. I hope!

By the way, is 61% similarity on turnitin common if there's around 150 people doing the same essay on a small enough subject? I'm quite worried!

I don't think it takes in to account other entries.. Just sources online.

Did you use a lot of quotes maybe?

Yeah, used a good few quotes (all referenced). Without quotes it goes down to 34%

I presume it's because there's 150 of us all doing the same essay and it's quite structured and factual etc.

I've only used it once or twice and I've never had that high a percentage. I have heard that it registers even little things like 'and then' or 'he went, ' So maybe it's just that. Go through it all and see what's being highlighted and see what happens. Also, it depends on the subject I suppose. I was using it for English so thats a lot of personal opinion and theory. If you're using it for economics or something then it may register more... dunno why, just seems to make sense in my head that way :o

Also, it depends on the subject I suppose. I was using it for English so thats a lot of personal opinion and theory. If you're using it for economics or something then it may register more... dunno why, just seems to make sense in my head that way :o
    Yep, I thought the exact same thing as the above. The essay was more factual based than personal opinion which you'd find in an English essay. Ah, I'm sure it will be fine.

Other news: Out every night this week! it's been a while! Brady's wednesday night I'm already giddy:D

• Advertisement

Stalling it to beering on Thursday?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭funky penguin

What on earth is turnitin? Some sort of plagarism detection site?!

^Me? I'm giving up the drink. A week and a half sober. A long, long way to go.

What on earth is turnitin? Some sort of plagarism detection site?!
    Yes.

K4t wrote: »
    ^Me? I'm giving up the drink. A week and a half sober. A long, long way to go.

Seven ups all round so! :)

Seven ups all round so! :)
    I'm a fanta man myself when I'm not boozing (roommate calls me the Orange soda guy in reference to keenan and kel!). I might have to order pints of water with slices of lemonade (looks like gin&tonic) when among some friends though!

They don't know you're not drinking?

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭5Aces

thank fuk thats finished for an hour. time to get festive!

Aww I wanna get festive!!

• Registered Users Posts: 782 ✭✭✭tootyflutty

HAPPY CHRISTMAS!!! :D:D:D

• Advertisement

It has just occurred to me....I'm dressed as my username. There are roses on my top and angel-antennae things on my head.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭LeixlipRed

Anyone else ever notice that the vast majority of the females who work in the Bagel Factory are absolute rides? It just clicked with me this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭Duddy

The one day I want to go to the reading room, its chocka. Or is it always like this??
    I'd like to think the world is affected by my actions tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭banquo

LeixlipRed wrote: »
    Anyone else ever notice that the vast majority of the females who work in the Bagel Factory are absolute rides? It just clicked with me this morning.

/raises hand

• Registered Users Posts: 3,954 ✭✭✭mp3guy

LeixlipRed wrote: »

I must inspect this.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭cian1500ww

Nothing like a couple of pints in the SU between lectures :D

Rozabeez wrote: »
    They don't know you're not drinking?
    Some do, some don't.

A lot of them are heavy drinkers. I was probably the worst. I think it's time to stop now, at least for a few months or so to re-evaluate my life. Today has been a serious struggle so far. Perhaps the SU wasn't the best place to go!

No drinking = More food (take-aways mmm) So not all bad!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭Kazuma

K4t wrote: »
    Some do, some don't.

A lot of them are heavy drinkers. I was probably the worst. I think it's time to stop now, at least for a few months or so to re-evaluate my life. Today has been a serious struggle so far. Perhaps the SU wasn't the best place to go!

No drinking = More food (take-aways mmm) So not all bad!:D
    How the hell does that work for you? Normally it's more drinking = more takeaway :s
    Gone are the drunken nights of "I'll have two quarter pounders and a quarter pounder meal please Mr. Maximus" :(

To the roost!! /drunk

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭barleybooley

banquo wrote: »
    /raises hand

/slaps hand down

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement