Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I can haz general discussion?

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,765 Mod ✭✭✭✭irish_goat

Rozabeez wrote: »
    Pfft, just buy cheaper booze.

Final year, no more college :(

Exactly, I don't get a grant or money from my parents and have to survive on a part time job budget. If I can do it people can take a grant cut.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,878 ✭✭✭Rozabeez

I'm on a very low budget most of the year myself, despite work and a half/adjacent grant. My grant = 430ish 3 times throughout the year, my job is about 80 a week after my savings are deducted, 40 of which goes on buses/trains.

5% isn't all that bad, just learn to budget properly.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,765 Mod ✭✭✭✭irish_goat

And you don't even pay rent. :p

Hahaha, well I think the bus/train costs equal out the rent of a ****ty single room in a student house. Also, I pay rent when I can afford to so stfu :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭allandanyways

Any word on what the BarEx was like? Were Jedward there?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 833 ✭✭✭pisslips

Apparently you still have to go out and meet the person, have a laugh spend some money and then ride.

It's ridiculous, I've no money, I was sure we had reached the stage in our twenties where,"are comin over for a roll in the hay" would be enough to get the message across but apparently thats insulting for some people, apparently you have to pretend that they're really interesting and you want to listen to their **** before they'll do what they want to do anyway.

fockin' ridiculous.

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭5Aces

You dont need to go out and spend a fortune... ask her over to yours for dinner. have to put some work in lad, anything easy usually is not worth it. bit o flirting will make things better later. jesus dont tell anyone i said that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

Any word on what the BarEx was like? Were Jedward there?

My friend's sister was at it, and she seemed to enjoy it. No sign of Jedward though. She said that before the supposed special guests came out they started playing Ice Ice Baby, but it turned out to be one of the security guards dressed as Santa! Some special guest lol :pac:

Lucie and Kandy Rain only played 4 songs each or something too, and they were really late going on. Thank god I didn't end up going, it sounds like it was pretty sh1te.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭PrivateEye

5% isn't all that bad, just learn to budget properly.

While you're right, in that its not 'that bad'- there shouldn't be a cut in these things at all. A great text to Newstalk last night said

'the economy of this country was, in reality, brought down by at most a few hundred people, and today millions of us are paying for their greed'

The places they're taking money from are completely unjust.

Fianna Fail aren't stupid when it comes to these things (I'm from a traditional FF family I'll have you know :D) they know where their votes come from (They would have a large traditional vote in the public sector) Worryingly, I get the impression they actually don't see any alternatives to this, rather than they're ignoring the alternatives.

on an entirely different matter...
    ... ask her over to yours for dinner

For cereal, do something. You will always have to do something before you can eh....do something. It's just the way 'they' are. They like shiney things in particular.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Michellenman

Yeah. Dinner is good. Or, like, subway or something, Get them wrap it in tinfoil and you'll be flying.
    :p:D

• Advertisement

So you reckon she will go for the meatball sub?

If that's what you call it :pac: :D

Annaconda

5Aces wrote: »
    So you reckon she will go for the meatball sub?

Most definitely

5Aces wrote: »
    Annaconda

CRAIG!!!

Indeed

5aces! *holds out fist*

Response?

Edit: Cough cough. Nevermind. You're not who I thought you were... I don't think you are anyway...

i can be whoever you want me to be just not craig

Want to come to mine for dinner?

Depends, what kind of shiny things do you have?

• Advertisement

PrivateEye wrote: »
    While you're right, in that its not 'that bad'

I'd rather a 5% cut in my grant than to be told I'm no longer eligible for one.

If i knew then what i know now i would already have the disco ball installed.

Well yep, its not that bad. It's still bad. I'm quite surprised they touched the grants to be honest.

Why the f*ck does my E4 keep stalling? Damn you tv.

On the whole date topic...I seriously hate them! Since when did Ireland embrace this whole date thing? I find them so awkward!

I make it my business not to partake in 'dates'

:(

:P:D

I'm editing this to add an extra smiley, I'm not really that sad, swear! :P

PrivateEye wrote: »

facepalm indeed :pac:

One of my friends is actually attracted to shiny things, she'll actually stop and stare at something for ages if it sparkles. Or is a squirrel :D

I know what you mean. I was very angry about the 5% cut when I heard first, but I suppose they could have done a lot worse to us.

And also on the date thing, there does seem to be LOADS of people heading on dates lately. Funking redonkulous hi!

Whatever happened to the good oul days of Shift And Drift? *reminisces*

Some girls you date, some girls you dont need to date...

• Advertisement

The shift and drift days ended when people found out what was in the machines in the toilets. you get your education by reading the tales on the cubicle walls then they give you your going away present and send you out eager to explore. tho down here the graffi is mostly political, just not a well rounded education. henno surprise anyone?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement