Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I can haz general discussion?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Michellenman

Re: The pizza: It's a sign. Do it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭PrivateEye

It's a sign. Do it!

Brothers on the phone now!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭mp3guy

PrivateEye wrote: »
    On campus? Any idea who?

Dunno, some guy, just inside the arts block, then later just inside hume.

Interesting. Is it a pile of 'save the babies' rubbish or one of those nice glossy Joe Higgins job? Seen both on campus.

All for the debate myself to be honest, can't wait until I get to see somebody in a 'I ONLY KISS BOYS WHO VOTE YES' Generation Like Totally shirts, or Coir roll into town. All guns blazing.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭mp3guy

I didn't even read it. We just made fun of the picture of a fish. Couldn't stop laughing for about 15 minutes at the back of our lecture.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,878 ✭✭✭Rozabeez

Trocaire heads crawlin the place today!

Anyone going to the group interviews for the promotional work on campus next week?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Michellenman

No I didn't apply. Best of luck with it though.

Kleenex balsam are so soft, makes me happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭The guy

Speaking of the Lisbon, did anyone see the post of the days take on lisbon posters?

I'm going to cross post them anyway:

attachment.php?attachmentid=91739&d=1253781108
    attachment.php?attachmentid=91740&d=1253781119
    attachment.php?attachmentid=91741&d=1253781124
    attachment.php?attachmentid=91742&d=1253781129
    attachment.php?attachmentid=91743&d=1253781136

• Registered Users Posts: 782 ✭✭✭tootyflutty

Rozabeez wrote: »
    Trocaire heads crawlin the place today!

Anyone going to the group interviews for the promotional work on campus next week?

A friend of mine and I sent identical emails at the same time requesting more info about hours and whats involved. She got called I didn't :mad:

I got an email but I'm not going to go, can't afford to miss the class at 1. Tbh I'd probably be waved off the second I say I've got a part time job.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 236 ✭✭Nationalist

Nursing an Arthurs Day hangover, did some epicly hungover canvassing in Maynooth today of epically hungover young people. First Friday night home in ages. Cant bear the idea of drinking tonight.

I spent the day in bed coughin my lungs up. Either swine flu or from smokin too much in fibbers last night, or AIDS for that matter. Town was fcukin mad last night, i hope they have an Arthurs day every year, even though I hate the cnut.

What the hell were you doin in fibbers on the first Thursday back in Maynooth? I'm avoiding that place like the plague after last week, jesus christ I just don't know when to say no :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭allandanyways

Rozabeez wrote: »
    What the hell were you doin in fibbers on the first Thursday back in Maynooth? I'm avoiding that place like the plague after last week, jesus christ I just don't know when to say no :p

You know how to say it more than I do judging by last night. Didn't see you dancing with a coat!

Where's the fake COIR one with the All Ireland Result?

NEW GAA RULES:

CORK 1-10
    KERRY 0-15

CORK WIN UNDER LISBON

:pac:

More fake Lisbons:

460_0___30_0_0_0_0_0_coir.jpg

Were handed out in town one day.

7335_1165655233495_1591337335_30406919_1596271_n.jpg

The it's simple one always make me think of Batman.

The it's simple one always make me think of Batman.

Rly?

Not been a great campaign poster-wise.

The best:

YES:
    The ones going around targetting Coir, clever. (The Lie versus The Law)
    The Intel bus-ads looks good, sadcases like me notice design I suppose.

NO:
    Ganleys effort (Billboard, Cowen and underneath 'the only job you'll save' or something similar)
    the Eirigi sex pistols spin off.

Fine Gaels graphic design people should be sacked.

Rly?

The best:

YES:

NO:
    Ganleys effort (Billboard, Cowen and underneath 'the only job you'll save' or something similar)

I agree, not a great campaign, not that those posters ever influenced my vote though they're far too biased to listen to.

3947102455_e66c22ae76_o.gif

Evening Herald add a fake COIR poster by accident, lawd.

Rly?

The best:

YES:

NO:

All those heart shaped NO posters are letting our side down too, making it look like its not a serious issue.

Im also seeing a lot of Fine Gael and Labour posters that simply show only Enda Kenny and 'Vote Yes'. Im looking at it and thinking, "OK! DERP!"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 833 ✭✭✭pisslips

I saw one really good NO poster.

It had a chimp on it and it said,
    "We voted NO, but you wouldn't LISTEN"

It was good, despite all the bull****, I can't deny that, it is undemocratic and they make it sound like we the public are about to turn into serial killers....It was great, the only poster I liked.Very much a "NO means NO" kind of thing.

They should do more along those lines. Imean it emphasises NO which is always a good thing and you can do very clever things with it.

Example,Woman in tears with a torn top and a black eye,"She said NO but they wouldn't LISTEN"
    That would be sure to get attention. I should do their feckin' posters...

• Advertisement

Craic with that poster: Pub talk seems to point to COIR tbh. They were being places right above/below the 'WE BELONG. YOU DECIDE' ones. We Did Decide... was a clever comeback.

In response to that, NO TO NUTS/YES TO LISBON posters began appearing, or the other way around, but one was a response to the other. Both feature monkeys.

I see these are on buses now too:
    14wt5z9.jpg

My prediction at this stage of the game: The race to get a lot closer in the last few days. Fianna Fail dont really exist in Dublin anymore, so plenty of Nos in the city, which will put the fear of christ into everyone. Yes t o take it by a good margin but, 6% to 8%. The No Voters will probably turn to 'millies' after to be honest, and it'll be interesting to see where that anger goes, at a recent shop stewards meeting in Dublin people were going mental at Siptu over endorsing Lisbon (more that they wanted no side than a no call) The unions will try and please them with another big walkabout or something similar.

I expect the Greens to 'claim' some of the victory, as they postered/began canvassing so late. Ganley will tell us he's left politics again, but show up next week. Coir will go back to waiting for statues to move.

It'll be won in the 'burbs. Not of Dublin, but the 'new towns' and the sort.

56% Yes on the day.

I wasn't sure where to put this but my friend completed a degree in Maynooth without using the library(well he ate his lunch downstairs waiting for people a few times) and never used a college computer, never logged in, he didn't know the password!!!! In final year.

Also he gave up taking any notes a few months into first year.
    He had the internet and exam papers really.

It always gave me a false sense of security, thinking that it was OK if I don't do those things either, then I'd crumble and take a few notes in a lecture or something.Like the fool I was.

I have to salute the man, he really stuck by his conviction that it was a waste of time. Also he had a great contempt for lots of things, it was very refreshing.

A working class hero, a man of the people.

I thought I'd write this so that other people with a great contempt for enthusiasm and bull****, would know that they're not alone, that there are other's out there who are as apathetic about you as you are of them....which is quite comforting.

Now lets all hold hands and imagine a humming noise.

I am in second year and dont know how to take a book out of the library, but your friend has surpassed me. What a lucky, lucky man.

I am in second year and dont know how to take a book out of the library, but your friend has surpassed me. What a lucky, lucky man.

He is, a hero.
    He also got a pretty high first.
    I have to say i never took a book out that had anything to do with a subject I was studying but at least I knew my student number and password and the building names and the names of the lecturers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

I went to the library orientation classes with the matures. Was sexual.

Yeah me too, in first year, there was a hot girl I was talking to, so I had to go through the pain, waste of time in the end though as these things usually are.

It has alwasy been a thought to do the orientation with all the first years and like fit in with them. Everyone's out to make friends, it's a great place to be. THen maybe you tell them you live on campus maybe dodder 4d randomly,later your drinking with them having the banter, damn i lost my key and the receptions closed....BAM, 17yr old PREGNANT, back in 9 months, sedate her after the birth cut out the babies tongue, put it with the other's under the stairs....and Bob's your uncle or is he your dad? I'm not sure, what did I tell you about fornicating under the stairs?.....and so on and so forth......anyway, stop somewhere between 'It'....and 'forth' and we'll go with that plan.

What would you talk about though, the career prospects of hannah montanna?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭Beau

can't wait until I get to see somebody in a 'I ONLY KISS BOYS WHO VOTE YES' Generation Like Totally shirts,

Ha, I don't know, those t-shirts might get young people to come over and talk to the girls easier? or maybe it might have the effect of them not been taken seriously.

pisslips wrote: »
    Yeah me too, in first year, there was a hot girl I was talking to, so I had to go through the pain, waste of time in the end though as these things usually are.

It has alwasy been a thought to do the orientation with all the first years and like fit in with them. Everyone's out to make friends, it's a great place to be. THen maybe you tell them you live on campus maybe dodder 4d randomly,later your drinking with them having the banter, damn i lost my key and the receptions closed....BAM, 17yr old PREGNANT, back in 9 months, sedate her after the birth cut out the babies tongue, put it with the other's under the stairs....and Bob's your uncle or is he your dad? I'm not sure, what did I tell you about fornicating under the stairs?.....and so on and so forth......anyway, stop somewhere between 'It'....and 'forth' and we'll go with that plan.

What would you talk about though, the career prospects of hannah montanna?

Some people should just completely avoid posting on boards when they're drunk...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭Beau

Some people should just completely avoid posting on boards when they're drunk...

He's not drunk...

• Advertisement

Beau wrote: »
    He's not drunk...

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU-

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement