Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I can haz general discussion?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,878 ✭✭✭Rozabeez

Yay for Benylin kicking my cold's ass!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Michellenman

Send some my way wudja?

*Crumbles the one labelled 'Night time only' into keyboard* Muahahahaha

Noooooo!

OoOoOoOh, new computers :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 236 ✭✭Nationalist

LeixlipRed wrote: »
    True, it's not the right wing nationalism you see in Central and Eastern European countries. I still despise nationalism though, I just hate the ideas of pride and feeling superior to anyone, which, despite the left leanings of nationalists here is still prevalent throughout the movement.

Well you can have whatever opinion you want when it comes to nationalism, you're entitled to your opinion, especially because you're a lefty.

Right wing nationalism? Theres no such thing as right or left wing nationalism. A nationalist is someone who is primarily interested in the welfare of his/her nation.

There is little difference between the likes of Na buachailli bán of the 1700s and the tamil elam, between the Irish Parliamentary and the members of Euronat. Between the blueshirts and the black panthers. Yes their political message may vary between right and left leanings, but ultimately they're just a collection of individuals who care about their nation, they all acknowledge the existence of nations, whether they be racial, cultural, religious, whatever.

And as far as your idea opinion that feeling pride means you feel superior to other nations is absolutely ridiculous.
    X8RGx.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭LeixlipRed

Your sig kind of contradicts that. Do you not see being Irish as being superior to being European then no? Or is that you're afraid of a blurring of culture, ethnicity, tradition with an ever expanding EU? And are you not a lefty too? I thought all Shinners were, when they weren't kneecapping their neighbours and what not.

Bleugh. Still sick. So glad to have tomorrow off. Gonna spend my day watching movies in bed and drinking tea and soup. Awww yeah.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,264 ✭✭✭JBoyle4eva

Interview on Tuesday :D

Congrats! Where's it for?

• Advertisement

Congrats! Where's it for?

I won't say until after the interview just yet, but it is in Maynooth.

JBoyle4eva wrote: »
    I won't say until after the interview just yet, but it is in Maynooth.

Well best of luck with it anyway, I'll keep my fingers crossed for you :)

Well best of luck with it anyway, I'll keep my fingers crossed for you :)

Cheers. By the way, you need any 2nd year French books? PM me if you do

• Closed Accounts Posts: 185 ✭✭Teabag!

you're entitled to your opinion, especially because you're a lefty.

What exactly does this sentence mean????

Is he not entitled to his opinion because he lives in a tolerant democratic society?

A Society that gives a voice to those who possess ideas and opinions that display an ignorance and intolerance of other people and other groups, and who for all intents and purposes have nothing worth saying???

Yayyy i heartt allandanyways

• Registered Users Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭allandanyways

Ah i remember now why i love thursday nights out in Maynooth out of all the other nights... because it provides moments such as

"Look, all I'm saying is, Lisbon is a place in portugal so it could be all a big conspiracy so portugal can (*stands up with glass held high*) RULE THE WORLD!"

Me: "OMG it's mp3guy!"
    Ro: "I know you from the interwebzzzz"
    (Sorry about that mp3guy!)I

and I told the singer fella that his fly was down. Just looking out for everyone, that's me.

and not many more have come back to me yet and this has taken forever to write so I think I might still be a bit drunk but anyways. Wolf Blass Chardonnay apparently does the job without the messy results. fabilisss

• Registered Users Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭mp3guy

Me: "OMG it's mp3guy!"
    Ro: "I know you from the interwebzzzz"
    (Sorry about that mp3guy!)I

I was "a tad tipsy" anyway.

Haahaha Allandanyways was dancing with her coat, that was priceless I wish I had my camera!

Awww, I'm missing out!!

Anyone on campus fancy grabbing lunch? Gonna wait 10 mins for a response because I'm bloody starved.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 236 ✭✭Nationalist

LeixlipRed wrote: »
    Your sig kind of contradicts that. Do you not see being Irish as being superior to being European then no? Or is that you're afraid of a blurring of culture, ethnicity, tradition with an ever expanding EU? And are you not a lefty too? I thought all Shinners were, when they weren't kneecapping their neighbours and what not.

Nope, I wouldnt consider my nation as being superior to any other nation. I just want to live amongst my own. I dont want to live in a Europe of one culture, one religion, one leader, one race, one boring monotonous nation, devoid of any sense of diversity. I want to learn about other cultures when i visit other nation states. And I want others to learn about Irish culture when they come to visit us, not Islamic culture, not Asian culture, not black culture, not a culture that has been bastardised by the likes of MTV and American celebrity obsession.

And I'm not a shinner, I stopped being a shinner when I realised how bloody marxist they actually are, they're a far cry from what Arthur Griffith had in mind in 1905.

I know i'm a day late but, TO ARTHUR! (Griffith!)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭banquo

Dude, in fairness, you only have to put a French person and a German person next to each other to see that no amount of government, nor how it manifests itself, will blur the cultural line between them.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭banquo

Another day, another box of stolen pens.

So damn hungover. Totally worth it but I feel like crap... :(

Rozabeez wrote: »
    Haahaha Allandanyways was dancing with her coat, that was priceless I wish I had my camera!

COMPLETLEY forgot about that, was I dancing with the coat? I'm pretty sure I was walzting with it or did I just have it wrapped around me? :o

It was more like waving the coat in the air with both arms, beside my friend and I while we went to the ATM. It was beautiful!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭PrivateEye

Funny to see people discussing Sinn Fein, get the impression as a Youth Party their days are numbered. All the kids went here. They've also got what many are calling the best poster of this referendum, a play on the Sex Pistols album cover .

For the first time, there's not even a Sinn Fein cumann in UCD this year.

Nursing an Arthurs Day hangover, did some epicly hungover canvassing in Maynooth today of epically hungover young people. First Friday night home in ages. Cant bear the idea of drinking tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭mp3guy

Someone was handing out "Vote no to Lisbon" leaflets, one was thrust at me, and I read the upside down "no" as "on", so I took one, but found out it was "No" propaganda only after :(

But we brought it to our next lecture and defaced it something fierce, much to our enjoyment.

Starving, no money, what comes in the door but apache vouchers.

• Advertisement

Someone was handing out "Vote no to Lisbon" leaflets

On campus? Any idea who?

I've only canvassed off campus, teh wurkers mainly and student gaffs.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement