Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I can haz general discussion?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,483 ✭✭✭Ostrom

PrivateEye wrote: »
    Sup.

You can probably spot us around college, we kind of have 'a look' about us.

o6h9ty.jpg

Is that you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭PrivateEye

Jesus no.

Jesus no.

Pretty sure I've seen whoever that is before...?

Then you might want to tell them they're on Encyclopedia Dramatica, which is probably one of the worst sites in the world to hear you're on :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭wha

Sup.

You can probably spot us around college, we kind of have 'a look' about us.

o6h9ty.jpg

Oh my God! It's YOU! Remember me? Mid-April, Brady's... And then after...? I had a really neat time that night. You probably lost my number or something.

• Advertisement

wha wrote: »
    Oh my God! It's YOU! Remember me? Mid-April, Brady's... And then after...? I had a really neat time that night. You probably lost my number or something.

Ha ha, I see what you did thar. In reality we're a grand bunch of heads. They attempted pints once but I was away and can't be entirely sure how it went. Any 'bump-ins' in real life for me have always been at least pleasant.

That picture is now on this page 3 times, brilliant. Potential hilarity if efla is correct and he actually has seen whoever it is before.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Michellenman

That beers was actually quite good. Come to the next one. Word on the street is it's gonna be before we go back.

Staaaalllllll it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭barleybooley

Special Relativity sucks length contracted, time dilated balls

• Registered Users Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭banquo

Oi! You're supposed to be studying!

banquo wrote: »
    Oi! You're supposed to be studying!

Eh, no I'm not... *scampers off*

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17 Awooga

"go study" seconded by moi... but who am i... *dun dun dun:D

Potential hilarity if efla is correct and he actually has seen whoever it is before.

Although I have no way of proving it, I am 90% sure I know that guy. Very funny :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭Beau

FYI, I've been availing of free papers left outside John Hume. They are for the Bookshop, it must be closed (although i was sure I saw it open one of the days, maybe they're just not bringing them in). Just thought I'd share the love before its to late! They have The Gaurdian, The Times, Daily Express, Irish Observer, Financial Times, The Sun and The Buy and Sell!

Ha cool. Thanks for that.

First repeat out of the way. Wasn't too bad. There was 2 sections (A+B) and supposed to be 2 questions within each of these then answer one from each but A only had one question that you HAD to answer... strange. Went ok, didn't really bullshit and wrote a fair bit. It's a bit ****, I could've done really well in it but it'll be capped :(

Suppose that's what I get for getting in to this situation in the first place.

Actually, is there a way of finding out what your actual result was before it was capped at 40%?

Actually, is there a way of finding out what your actual result was before it was capped at 40%?

Sorry what? Your giving me a mini heart attack here. Are you confusing it with the situation where you forfeit your summer grade but are guaranteed a minimum of 40% (assuming you passed it in the Summer?) rather than it being capped at 40? Unless your situation is degree specific you can get as high as you deserve in the repeats.

Beau wrote: »
    Sorry what? Your giving me a mini heart attack here. Are you confusing it with the situation where you forfeit your summer grade but are guaranteed a minimum of 40% (assuming you passed it in the Summer?) rather than it being capped at 40? Unless your situation is degree specific you can get as high as you deserve in the repeats.

I just read somewhere that my grades would be capped. I read it ages ago though so maybe I'm wrong.

I didn't pass it in the Summer. Your explanation sounds more correct though.

Sorry! I didn't mean to scare you!

I think I know what you mean now. You're not in final year are you? Every year excluding final year if you have to repeat an exam you only get a pass grade in that module wether you get 42 or a 72. So yeh they tell you what percentage you got in the exam but it'll say pass beside it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭banquo

But now in final year you can repeat up to 15 credits and retain honours :)

Reading the Business sections of a few papers lately, it seems that O' Briens are on the verge of going bust-oh.

Does that mean we'd get something new on campus :pac: Or would they just rename the kip?

Ooh! Maybe! It has to be an Irish owned company I believe so what does that leave? Supermacs?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭allandanyways

Completley off topic but has anyone ever convinced their parents to let them get an animal even though the parents reeeeeeeallly didn't like animals?

I've spent the last hour sighing over the cats in the animal rehoming thread in animal and pet issues and it's making me sad the fact my dad sees animals in the house as a breeding ground for disease... but they're soooo cuuuute

THINK OF ALL THE LOLCAT PICS I COULD MAKE??!:(

Reading the Business sections of a few papers lately, it seems that O' Briens are on the verge of going bust-oh.

Does that mean we'd get something new on campus :pac: Or would they just rename the kip?

Dont think so, just the central franchise administration.

I dont understand it really, the reports say the individual franchise holders retain trading rights, but I would imagine that central admin manage the supply of products. Either way, pray for a (closer) Micky Dee's. Hooray capitalism!

Hooray capitalism!

When I'm hungry anyway.

If I was in Rostock/Edinburgh/Seattle, I would've got caught in one of them smashed up MaccyDs raiding the Apple Pies or something.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 833 ✭✭✭pisslips

Did he give you that speech about going outside on the lawn to measure each others "metre sticks" as we approach the speed of light?

And how we'd have a long argument about who's stick is bigger. I'd be adament my stick is bigger apparently.......or was it his.....

pisslips wrote: »
    Did he give you that speech about going outside on the lawn to measure each others "metre sticks" as we approach the speed of light?

And how we'd have a long argument about who's stick is bigger. I'd be adament my stick is bigger apparently.......or was it his.....

I don't have a stick :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭allandanyways

NERD ALERT

I'm going to Paperchase to buy some of my stationary for going back to college tomorrow. I'm actually getting excited about going back to college, even if it's not for over a month yet...

and then on Monday I'm heading away on my durrty wee holiday :cool:

NERD ALERT

I'm going to Paperchase to buy some of my stationary for going back to college tomorrow. I'm actually getting excited about going back to college, even if it's not for over a month yet...

Every year I say that I'll buy nice stationary and folders and be oh so neat and organised, and yet every year I end up with a crumpled A4 pad and a leaky pen in my pocket. Difficult. This year will be different though. I can FEEL it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 185 ✭✭Teabag!

Does anybody know what the story is with these for second year???

I have had a look at the modules for second year just passed and it seems that this is for the past ear and only a guide for what may come next year....

NERD ALERT

I love stationarty/ery. E/a? i can nevber remeber,

[quote[and then on Monday I'm heading away on my durrty wee holiday :cool:[/quote]

Yay for dufrty weeke nds!

I was at a twetny 11st tionight. DO you ever fi ng that tyhey're all the same? All the same muics and people and food and music? Same same same,

I'm also excite about oing back to college! yay1!:D

That littke green face is so cute, such a big smile.

• Advertisement

I love stationarty/ery. E/a? i can nevber remeber,

[quote[and then on Monday I'm heading away on my durrty wee holiday :cool:
    Yay for dufrty weeke nds!

I was at a twetny 11st tionight. DO you ever fi ng that tyhey're all the same? All the same muics and people and food and music? Same same same,

I'm also excite about oing back to college! yay1!:D

That littke green face is so cute, such a big smile.

I presume this 21st invlolved a tipple or two?! Unless you do mean a twenty eleventh, which could just be a fun way of saying 31st...
    Yes I do hate the stupid same same same 21st! Speech, speech, 21 kisses, finger food (wedges, onion rings, chicken wings and sausages), cake, relatives, baby pictures (OH HOW CUTE!) I refuse to give in.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement