Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I can haz general discussion?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,483 ✭✭✭Ostrom

I'm minus some teeth today - what can I eat thats both soft and tasty?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Michellenman

Buttery mashed potato. Mmmmm

• Registered Users Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭allandanyways

or tesco maderia cake with custard... that's all I ate when I was getting root canal done. Yum

• Registered Users Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭banquo

Root Canal ftl.

or tesco maderia cake with custard... that's all I ate when I was getting root canal done. Yum

Thank you, perfect!

• Advertisement

Yknow for the repeat exams? Do they just test you on what you learned during the year but in a different way than in May?

Tryna help a friend out with his repeats but if I look at the past papers, there's some variations between the summer and repeat exams, we haven't a clue what to focus on...:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 833 ✭✭✭pisslips

This place is way more popular than it was four years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭meganj

Yknow for the repeat exams? Do they just test you on what you learned during the year but in a different way than in May?

Tryna help a friend out with his repeats but if I look at the past papers, there's some variations between the summer and repeat exams, we haven't a clue what to focus on...:confused:

What I remember from doing repeats in First Year is that it's just slightly different then the may paper. This changes from subject to subject, but if you study four topics for example in may and three of them came up then those three probably won't come up in the repeats. The repeats tend, not to be easier, but there's rarely any surprises as the college wants you to pass them! Try and treat it like your studying for the may exams, look at past papers see the common themes and try and find the pattern!

Hope thats all the same for second year... I passed the exams, just tryna help out a friend with his repeats, doesn't seem to be much of a pattern but we'll just play it by ear, thanks meganj :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Holsten

Depends, for two of my repeats the exam was the same just the questions were moved around haha.

Generally they are similar, they want you to pass.

• Advertisement

Hehe im in the library and it's the holidays...it feels so wrong but so right... :D

meganj wrote: »
    the college wants you to pass them!

What makes you think that?

it's 9oc, Ro where are you with your drunken boardsing??:pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭Beau

Anyone get their deposit back from the River Apartments. Mine hasn't arrived yet but we spent 200 on gas during the year! Only get a measly 90 quid back. Sickened. What did other people get back?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭PrivateEye

OH WHEN THE SAINTS!
    oh when the saints
    GO MARCHING IN!
    go marching in
    OH WHEN THE SAINTS GO MARCHING IN....

Saint Pats still in Europe, bring on the next round.

There are like10 Pats fans out in NUIM and we have a secret nod, place is awash with Bohs and Shels due to the train I think.

Congrats. Not so much a fan myself but my dad loves Pats. Do you want his number? :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭LeixlipRed

Crazy comeback. And potential of huge draw in next round. You can bask in the glory when we swap divisions come November :cool:

what's everyone doing for the weekend? mammy's gone to dungarvan with 2 of my 3 sisters and my nana, so tis me, dad and my other sister for the weekend.

Haven't given Chapters much of my custom lately so might head there tomorrow.

What do you make of the draw Private Eye? Not great but the fact that you're away first and Steaua have to play behind closed doors for that you might have a slim chance!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭barleybooley

*Grumbles* Studying, bah, and I've work on Saturday night, double bah. This day two weeks from now I hope to be just getting out of bed after a mother of a session after finishing repeats.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,878 ✭✭✭Rozabeez

Lets have a night out soon! I won't be too drunk/hungover from the previous night this time I swear!!

What do you make of the draw Private Eye? Not great but the fact that you're away first and Steaua have to play behind closed doors for that you might have a slim chance!

Its a tricky one. So tempting at this stage to get a 'big' game, purely from the finance point of view. If you're going to get knocked out get rich in the process etc. Saying that, I think realistically this was one of the better possibilities. Something similar to last year with Berlin I'd expect, to be trailing in the second leg. Far from impossible, but luck will be a massive factor!

COME ON MAYO!!!

That is all

• Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭Beau

COME ON MAYO!!!

Ha! Yes!! Meath put in a great performance in the 2nd half.

Beau wrote: »
    Ha! Yes!! Meath put in a great performance in the 2nd half.

*grumbles* yeah, WHATever. Five points in like 5 minutes, where are the drugs testers when you need them? :D

Rozabeez wrote: »
    Lets have a night out soon! I won't be too drunk/hungover from the previous night this time I swear!!

I'm off to Europe for 3 weeks but definitely up for that when I get back.

As soon as my exams are over and my room is painted and decorated I'm all yours. :)

24 weird hours.

Most of my mates are inter-railing, (:rolleyes:) left Dublin very quiet. Ended up ringing up two old school mates I dont see much of because i REALLLLLY wanted to go to a gig on Saturday. Went. Realised not everybody drinks as well as me, having seen one school mate in particular make awkward sexual passes at anything in a skirt. Inter-railing friends please come home.

----
    Went on the Marraige Equality march today, mainly to support some mates. Ended up in The George for the first time in my life after, that was an experience.

---

Also, got this amazing text from my Dad (fireman)

"Alright Son. About an hour ago we booted the door in on a flat in town, no answer when we knocked. Door was ****ed. Guards showed up and went mental at us. Officer shouting 'Why did yis ****ing do that?'

Told him we heard there were some travel agents hiding inside.

Face on him after."

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭banquo

This essay is less boring than expected.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 277 ✭✭Harpie

Don't usually venture in here, so hi!

Graduation pack arrived in post today, kind of excited about it now! :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement