Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I can haz general discussion?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭Kazuma

It's The Sultans of Ping FC keeping me awake :pac:
    Some of the songs are really funny :p
    Arctic Monkeys lyrical genius my arse!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭allandanyways

im back from my wee holiday- not that i was missed :(

amount of new threads, holy cow. Out of bitchy-post-holiday-blues curiosity, is there a rule in the charter regarding txspk? noticed it in a few of the posts, fecking impossible to read, it actually makes me a little bit angry inside.. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭banquo

PrivateEye wrote: »
    :pac:Another random NUIM boards.ie run-in last night :pac:

You have too many of these.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,878 ✭✭✭Rozabeez

It was a nitelink run in!

ok iv bn readn d threads 4de las wile n i rly tink sum1 shud post a warnin agenst txtspk cz its imposibl 2read n neways wer al in colege lyk we shud be able 2rite lyk nrmal ppl shudn we?

seriously folks, that took about a minute longer to write then it would have if I had wrote it normally. Can we plz plz plz have a ban on txtspk, don't let dem nu 1st yrs gt in2 the habit of uzin it on our lovely forum :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 185 ✭✭Teabag!

ok iv bn readn d threads 4de las wile n i rly tink sum1 shud post a warnin agenst txtspk cz its imposibl 2read n neways wer al in colege lyk we shud be able 2rite lyk nrmal ppl shudn we?

seriously folks, that took about a minute longer to write then it would have if I had wrote it normally. Can we plz plz plz have a ban on txtspk, don't let dem nu 1st yrs gt in2 the habit of uzin it on our lovely forum :(

+1

• Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Michellenman

Isn't there a Boards-wide rule against using txt-spk? Next time someone uses it we should all gang up and post abuse in CAPS until they get the idea

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭The guy

New members posting outside of the popular forums get away with it sometimes.

• Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭BarnhallBull

Morning all, can anyone please give me a definite answer on when we actually start back?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 3,954 ✭✭✭mp3guy

Orientation week for first timers starts the 14th, normal lectures begin the 21st.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 10,339 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoLth

Isn't there a Boards-wide rule against using txt-spk? Next time someone uses it we should all gang up and post abuse in CAPS until they get the idea

dotn do that. that wouldnt be nice.

anyway, charter updated to re-iterate the boards policy on txt-spk.

abusing people is frowned upon

all caps is frowned upon

abuse someone in all caps and you may crack the seals that seperate hell from earth.... something that, while funny, is not what you want to do.

LoLth wrote: »
    dotn do that. that wouldnt be nice.

anyway, charter updated to re-iterate the boards policy on txt-spk.

abusing people is frowned upon

all caps is frowned upon

abuse someone in all caps and you may crack the seals that seperate hell from earth.... something that, while funny, is not what you want to do.

I WAS JUST JOKING.

:p

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 10,339 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoLth

/frown

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,878 ✭✭✭Rozabeez

BEEZ WANT TIMETABLE!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭funky penguin

I'm in fundakl and a little bit durnk and typing in the dark, so i'm sorry, but but user cp was really full, i feel so needed, come back to me college i need a new semester, and punctuatio

kthnxbye

Fundakl?

Actually thought that was a music festival or something.. presuming le funky penguin means fundalk?

Drinking amongst boardsies is noticeably up around results time?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭barleybooley

Look at me, a renegade, posting from the NUIG Library, do do do do.
    Also, my friend informs me that they have changed their emails to a hotmail account, like, what the fudge?

Hotmail? *vomit

Anyone who sees my status updates on facebook will know my feelings on this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭The guy

Gmail is where it's at.

:D

Foxtrot
    Tango
    Whisky.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭funky penguin

Fundakl?

Actually thought that was a music festival or something.. presuming le funky penguin means fundalk?

Aye, dead on Fundalk it was! :o

It was weird, when I was drunk all I thought about was posting on this thread. Seemed the in vogue thing to do. :)

Aye, dead on Fundalk it was! :o

It was weird, when I was drunk all I thought about was posting on this thread. Seemed the in vogue thing to do. :)

Copy Cat :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭PrivateEye

What I did on my break from the internets.

Went to Enniskillen, and the Castle/Museum. They've a lovely little section on the Royal Irish Regiment, who are currently dodging all sorts of things in Iraq. 11 of them are actually dodging Iraq , but no mention of them sadly.

Went to another J.D Wetherspoons pub. If you know me at all you'd know I'm in love with Wetherspoons (they do a £1.83 pint of Guinness on a Monday, and a £1.99 fry-up which us ex-veggies love) I love ticking another one whenever I can, dozens of them in the North and HUNDREDS on the mainland. I hope the UK nationalise them before they let them go under.

SLEPT

Avoided anything that looked like it could have access to the internet on it.

Went to Enniskillen, and the Castle/Museum. They've a lovely little section on the Royal Irish Regiment, who are currently dodging all sorts of things in Iraq. 11 of them are actually dodging Iraq , but no mention of them sadly.

Went to another J.D Wetherspoons pub. If you know me at all you'd know I'm in love with Wetherspoons (they do a £1.83 pint of Guinness on a Monday, and a £1.99 fry-up which us ex-veggies love) I love ticking another one whenever I can, dozens of them in the North and HUNDREDS on the mainland. I hope the UK nationalise them before they let them go under.

SLEPT

Avoided anything that looked like it could have access to the internet on it.

You were missed.

:p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭Beau

banquo wrote: »
    Anyone who sees my status updates on facebook

Ha! Who hasn't!! I was so close to putting you on hide! So close! :pac:

Dude i think the Museum is misleading you, as Royal Irish only came back from Herrick 8 last sept and as far as my buddy tells me they are doin training in the falklands,

and as far as i know there are no brits doin anythin in iraq as the pulled out in july :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭PrivateEye

^ Yep, you're right there Ted. They need to update then, but its a piece on the end about the RIR and how they're involved in the Afghan and Iraqi conflicts.

So I'm chatting to the guide and the march comes up, the recent(ish) one in Belfast, and I mentioned the fact I'd no real opposition to it (Least I'd want if I was coming back from Iraq/Afghanistan!) but that a mini-bus full of them lads have gone AWOL* He goes "Hurr Durr, you get that in every army, suppose you think they're heros and all..." :rolleyes:

*Upon coming home and checking there, turns out its actually well over 100 ,yikes!*
    My guess is lads that signed up for the t-shirt to walk around Ballymenna, and sh*t bricks when they got the letter?

• Advertisement

^ Yep, you're right there Ted. They need to update then, but its a piece on the end about the RIR and how they're involved in the Afghan and Iraqi conflicts.

So I'm chatting to the guide and the march comes up, the recent(ish) one in Belfast, and I mentioned the fact I'd no real opposition to it (Least I'd want if I was coming back from Iraq/Afghanistan!) but that a mini-bus full of them lads have gone AWOL* He goes "Hurr Durr, you get that in every army, suppose you think they're heros and all..." :rolleyes:

*Upon coming home and checking there, turns out its actually well over 100 ,yikes!*
    My guess is lads that signed up for the t-shirt to walk around Ballymenna, and sh*t bricks when they got the letter?

did you not tell me somebody had a banner at that parade sayin support the RIR 100 or something which was to do with the lads doin a bunk?

P.S if ya wants i can enquire about getting you a t shirt :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement