Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I can haz general discussion?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭rcaz

Aww you guys.... <3 Thanks for being nice.

I am feeling a bit better today. Just been having a rough time lately due to some stuff that's going on IRL.

RL is the worst kind of L. Keep the faith.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 912 ✭✭✭Norrdeth

Got first semester provisional results today(on the boards in Logic).

Happy out!
    :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,715 ✭✭✭DB21

Poxy calculus. 1 repeat guaranteed already :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

I've been informed that the history results will be out on Thursday... think I'll be joining you in August DB21!

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭Planemo

got a whopping 17% in calculus(including the CA:rolleyes:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,625 ✭✭✭How so Joe

I got 10/20 in International Trade Organisations which, according to this chart, (attached) means that I got a 40.
    Which makes no sense whatsoever, and is rather frustrating since the pass mark for my course is 50%.
    So I'm waiting on a meeting with the department head (after asking my department, who sent me to the international office, who sent me to the exams office, who rang the international office, who sent me back to my department) to see what my actual grade for the exam (which I did in France) is.
    It's all quite frustrating.

But in the meantime, has anyone seen kissndtell.com?
    There aren't many comments on it, which is unfortunate. But I did see a group of guys in the Common Room who had blown up, drawn a smiley face on, and thrown around their condom.

Passed calculus this time around :) I'm not a regular poster in this thread but I'm delighted and have to share it somewhere :D

• Registered Users Posts: 665 ✭✭✭Alt_Grrr

How so Joe wrote: »
    I got 10/20 in International Trade Organisations which, according to this chart, (attached) means that I got a 40.
    Which makes no sense whatsoever

Its just an scale, a score of 10 out of a possible 20, it doesn't necessarily imply that this is the half way point on this scale, the units don't directly map to percentages.

Alt_Grrr wrote: »
    Its just an scale, a score of 10 out of a possible 20, it doesn't necessarily imply that this is the half way point on this scale, the units don't directly map to percentages.
    It is the half-way point on the scale - everyone in France knows that the pass mark is 50%.

• Registered Users Posts: 665 ✭✭✭Alt_Grrr

It is the half-way point on the scale
    That Conversion Chart shows the scale from 9 to 20, so 10 isn't the half way point.
    - everyone in France knows that the pass mark is 50%.

the pass mark may be 50%, but 50% != 10/20, 10-11 on the French scale is 40 - 49% in Irish terms.

12 out of 20 on the French scale is a pass.

• Advertisement

Alt_Grrr wrote: »
    That Conversion Chart shows the scale from 9 to 20, so 10 isn't the half way point.

the pass mark may be 50%, but 50% != 10/20, 10-11 on the French scale is 40 - 49% in Irish terms.

12 out of 20 on the French scale is a pass.
    Okay, let me put it this way. I've passed the exam in France.
    I don't see how it's fair that I should fail the exam in Ireland.

You may be able to do a make-up assignment to bring the mark up to a pass here (although I don't really know how an exam can be seen as a pass in France, but not here :confused:). My friend failed some of her erasmus exams and that's what she had to do.

I spectacularly failed both my exams from last semester. Didn't beat my record of 8% though! (just about :p)

You may be able to do a make-up assignment to bring the mark up to a pass here (although I don't really know how an exam can be seen as a pass in France, but not here :confused:). My friend failed some of her erasmus exams and that's what she had to do.

I spectacularly failed both my exams from last semester. Didn't beat my record of 8% though! (just about :p)

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭Zipp101

Does anyone know what date summer exams will be finished by? Also, what date are we back in September next year?? thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 814 ✭✭✭Tesco Massacre

Zipp101 wrote: »
    Does anyone know what date summer exams will be finished by? Also, what date are we back in September next year?? thanks

I'd say the exams should be finished by about the end of May & lectures will start around mid/late September (around 17th/18th I'd guess)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭freeze4real

lads can anyone help me with this.

I am doing Major finance and economics and business as minor
    when it comes degree, do they add what i got in all subjects they get the average which determines my degree level.

Yep, that's how it works. Obviously because you're doing a major/minor that means that your subjects won't have the same weighting as a double honours, but other than that it's the same.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

lads can anyone help me with this.

I am doing Major finance and economics and business as minor
    when it comes degree, do they add what i got in all subjects they get the average which determines my degree level.

The average will depend on the number of credits each module has so a 10 credit module is worth double what a 5 credit module. It won't be an exact average of 6 grades for 6 modules.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭Ms. Koi

I'm back! Missed boards so much!!

How are we all?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,645 ✭✭✭Daemos

You were gone? :p

• Advertisement

kellief wrote: »
    I'm back! Missed boards so much!!

How are we all?
    I like to think this is because of my influence :pac:

Daemos wrote: »
    You were gone? :p

Gee thanks!

I like to think this is because of my influence :pac:

Do!! As it is!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,214 ✭✭✭wonton

welcome back kellief from where ever it was that left you boards.ie-less, i'm going to assume north korea

bleh, stupid bus tickets are goin up tomorrow, not sure which is more annoying the fact they are going up or the terminology they use, "revised bus fares"..........isn't it so coincidental that everytime they are "revised" the price goes up :eek:...........:rolleyes:

noticed that asian restaurant on the main street and the bag shop in manor mills closed down, I hope one of them becomes a subway.

also, This year is feckin flying in...

wonton wrote: »
    welcome back kellief from where ever it was that left you boards.ie-less, i'm going to assume north korea

bleh, stupid bus tickets are goin up tomorrow, not sure which is more annoying the fact they are going up or the terminology they use, "revised bus fares"..........isn't it so coincidental that everytime they are "revised" the price goes up :eek:...........:rolleyes:

noticed that asian restaurant on the main street and the bag shop in manor mills closed down, I hope one of them becomes a subway.

Weather was lovely, bit chilly! :D
    Nah just been spending all my time studying! I do agree...the year is flying in!!!

In the mean time, Subway in Leixlip will deliver to Maynooth...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,214 ✭✭✭wonton

subway delivers? :eek:

I did not know this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Thwip!

subway delivers? :eek:

I did not know this.
    well they do have transportation in their name :P

• Registered Users Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭banquo

If you haven't signed it yet...

http://www.boards.ie/petition/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭banquo

If you haven't signed it yet...

http://www.boards.ie/petition/

This discussion has been closed.