Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I can haz general discussion?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30 MaynoothSU

Just keep trying, it works eventually.

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭Ian Beale

Happened to me too. I just kept entering my pin, gave up and the all of a sudden it opened!

Eventually opened, waiting for step 1 to open now..... :pac:

Lol just as I was typing that this showed up, The connection has timed out :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,954 ✭✭✭mp3guy

Don't forget everyone, you only have until 5pm today to register! Otherwise that's it, you're out of university for the year! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭Ian Beale

mp3guy wrote: »
    Don't forget everyone, you only have until 5pm today to register! Otherwise that's it, you're out of university for the year! :rolleyes:

Lies! You only have the next 10 minutes, now you have 9 mins and 59,58,57....

• Registered Users Posts: 7,462 ✭✭✭Kiwi_knock

How do you know for definite that you have payed your fees?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,200 ✭✭✭J.D.R

Kiwi_knock wrote: »
    How do you know for definite that you have payed your fees?

In 3 months time the SU won't come round your house to kneecap you

• Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Michellenman

titi wrote: »
    hi guys,

I'm French and I'm coming to Maynooth in a few days and I was just wondering what is the best mobile phone network provider?? O2, vodafone, meteor, 3 ??
    what do you guys use?

thx
    :)

Hi, I'm Irish but on Erasmus in France and I'm wondering the same thing! Ha! Which is the best French network provider to use? Are there any that offer free texts when you top up with a certain amount or any other good tariffs? Thanks in advance :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 titi

i think bouygues telecom is the best, it's the one i use... most people have bill plans in france we are not really into the prepaid thing.. i mean you end up spending a lot of money... but if you dont want to spend too much money there are some very good "forfaits bloqués" with unlimited texts, internet etc

• Registered Users Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭cian1500ww

You could try campus? And as long as they find someone to fill your place after Christmas, yous hould get back a good chunk of your deposit.
    Applied for it but I'd say students looking for it for two terms will get first preference over me.
    Didn't think I'd have so much trouble finding somewhere !!

• Registered Users Posts: 49 dustfree

i know this is a bit of a non sequitur but.....i'm going to cycle to and from celbridge as much as i can 'cos the bus service is dire but am worried about bike parking and security, any tips/hints/suggestions out there? thanks in advance:)

• Advertisement

dustfree wrote: »
    i know this is a bit of a non sequitur but.....i'm going to cycle to and from celbridge as much as i can 'cos the bus service is dire but am worried about bike parking and security, any tips/hints/suggestions out there? thanks in advance:)

The bus isn't as bad as you think, PM if you want the times you have to be at the stops to get certain buses.

But in general, it's going to lash so unless you've got really good rain proof gear you'll get soaked. The road is NOT made for cyclists and you'll be sharing it with many motorists so at the very least wear a helmet. As for locking your bike, I've never heard of a bike being stolen on either campus.

thanks for that mp3guy, will check bus times etc. i've been over and back to maynooth quite a few times, did the mature student orientation earlier this week, and haven't spotted any bike parks on campus, where are they?

dustfree wrote: »
    thanks for that mp3guy, will check bus times etc. i've been over and back to maynooth quite a few times, did the mature student orientation earlier this week, and haven't spotted any bike parks on campus, where are they?

There's some on front of the library, around the callan building, beside the entrance to the arts block. In fact I think there's some beside every building, you just have to look closely ;)

aha!there speaks experience.....will promise to open my eyes next week!i'll be (probably) the only very wet person walking around in wet weather gear:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭squishykins

There's some on front of the library, around the callan building, beside the entrance to the arts block. In fact I think there's some beside every building, you just have to look closely ;)

How about round by the apartments..?

Yep

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭LeixlipRed

All or most of the bike parks are uncovered though. So if your bike is expensive I'd be careful where you park it or it'll rust if you're leaving it out during winter.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭The guy

If I lived in Celbridge I would definitely cycle to Maynooth, the 67a isn't too reliable and you could probably get to Maynooth quicker than the bus anyway.

The guy wrote: »
    If I lived in Celbridge I would definitely cycle to Maynooth, the 67a isn't too reliable and you could probably get to Maynooth quicker than the bus anyway.

You'd think that, but it is reliable once you know the time to be at the stop, I've never been late for a lecture because of it.

And the cycling isn't as handy as you might think, no cycling path for the most dangerous section of the road and not to mention the irish weather.

Fair enough you can get rain gear, but you'll still end up in college drenched; in your own sweat.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭allandanyways

+1 on what mp3guy said.

Once you figure out that some buses only take half an hour to get from Dublin (the magical 10oc one), and others take around 70 minutes, you should manage ok.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 912 ✭✭✭Norrdeth

You forgot the point that Cycling is cheaper and healthier(exercise wise)!
    Plus it could warm you up on the chilly winter mornings and stimulate your learning faculty at such a time! The trick is just to take it easy. =)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,200 ✭✭✭J.D.R

Norrdeth wrote: »
    Plus it could warm you up on the chilly winter mornings and stimulate your learning faculty at such a time! The trick is just to take it easy. =)

Healthier until you go out to the pub one day after lectures and, at 3 in the morning, think it is a really really good idea to cycle home. Or to cork.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭squishykins

See this parking permit thing that's supposed to be coming in..? Does that apply to all hours or just like during the day? It's just that I've a friend who would probably be staying over every now and then, and she has a car, would she be able to park on campus? And if not, where would be the nearest place to? I'm not familiar with the place so yeah...

Norrdeth wrote: »

Again this is all well and good, but not practical.

On mornings that it's so cold it'll warm you up, there's probably ice on the road. Ice + Bicycle = Death.

And you will without a doubt end up covered in sweat, so unless you're bothered going to the gym to shower each morning you'll be Captain Stinky for the whole day.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭The guy

You'd think that, but it is reliable once you know the time to be at the stop, I've never been late for a lecture because of it.

And the cycling isn't as handy as you might think, no cycling path for the most dangerous section of the road and not to mention the irish weather.

Fair enough you can get rain gear, but you'll still end up in college drenched; in your own sweat.

How long does it take out of interest to cycle from Celbridge, say Celbridge village?

The guy wrote: »
    How long does it take out of interest to cycle from Celbridge, say Celbridge village?

About 25 minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭banquo

Having to stand up and talk to first years and Monday morning are not mixing well.

banquo wrote: »
    Having to stand up and talk to first years and Monday morning are not mixing well.

They're just as scared of you as you are of them

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

Just had a look at the First Year handbook Rob, Tis absolutely awesome! Wish mine was like that last year!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭mickstupp

I'm jealous of first years and their first day in college. That was a really great day for me. First step in a new life. Kinda like when you hear someone's watching one of your favorite movies for the very first time, and you wish you could have that experience again too.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement