Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I can haz general discussion?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭mickstupp

Well, for a start it's an awful lot cheaper than renting...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

I'm in the reading room (for the second time ever) :/ Damn first years stealing seats in the hall *shakes fist*

• Registered Users Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭banquo

SU protest is on page 8 of Indo. Whoop.

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭leopoldbloom

ontour wrote: »
    Is the paid parking in yet?

Not yet, I would be surprised if it was in before November at the earliest. More likely semester two.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭cian1500ww

What's parking like with the new one way system ??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭chillian17

You're very prolific with the aul facebook photos :P

Well aren't I great ? :D hahaha. But I upload nothing at all to facebook. They're all just taggings :P And you'll have to see me in person ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭chillian17

banquo wrote: »
    SU protest is on page 8 of Indo. Whoop.

Did we make any of the television news?

• Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭Wendero

how do you unlock your door, permanently? I'm tired of having to bring the key card whenever I go to the kitchen, I'm so afraid of forgetting it :( My door was unlocked last year but I forgot how.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭squishykins

Wendero wrote: »
    how do you unlock your door, permanently? I'm tired of having to bring the key card whenever I go to the kitchen, I'm so afraid of forgetting it :( My door was unlocked last year but I forgot how.

Stick it in and out twice, so that the light is flashing green...then when you wanna lock it again do the same until there's a red light

• Closed Accounts Posts: 699 ✭✭✭LeahBaby

where is the new theatre please guys? all i see is new building. is it the iontas place

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭banquo

Yup. Inside the main door and it's straight ahead. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 699 ✭✭✭LeahBaby

Thanks Banquo. Just trying to organise my timetable so I know where Im going tomorrow.

I has German tomorrow, and there's 4 different places to go on the timetable...I know it's for the different levels and all but we're not being split till Wednesday...what do I do???

• Registered Users Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭allandanyways

amyputz wrote: »
    I has German tomorrow, and there's 4 different places to go on the timetable...I know it's for the different levels and all but we're not being split till Wednesday...what do I do???

I would suggest checking out the german department's online noticeboard or physical one (it's in the arts block, if you turn right just before the Bewley's Coffee stand and go down that hallway, it's on the right before the double doors into the annex). You'll either have already been split into groups OR there will be a general meeting for all first year students in a set location at the time you're supposed to have german.

I would suggest checking out the german department's online noticeboard or physical one (it's in the arts block, if you turn right just before the Bewley's Coffee stand and go down that hallway, it's on the right before the double doors into the annex). You'll either have already been split into groups OR there will be a general meeting for all first year students in a set location at the time you're supposed to have german.

"1st Year Wednesday 22nd September 2010 10 a.m. in the Computer Science Lecture 1, Callan Building North Campus (CS1). At this compulsory meeting you will receive information on the structure and content of the courses, an introduction to the procedure for the coming year and a confirmation of the timetable."

Does that mean I don't have to show up tomorrow..? Sorry, I'm a bit of a dope ^^',

amyputz wrote: »
    "1st Year Wednesday 22nd September 2010 10 a.m. in the Computer Science Lecture 1, Callan Building North Campus (CS1). At this compulsory meeting you will receive information on the structure and content of the courses, an introduction to the procedure for the coming year and a confirmation of the timetable."

Does that mean I don't have to show up tomorrow..? Sorry, I'm a bit of a dope ^^',

Key word there is compulsory. You do have to show up. You're taking the subject aren't you?!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,200 ✭✭✭J.D.R

Key word there is compulsory. You do have to show up. You're taking the subject aren't you?!

Yes, but the compulsory meeting on Wednesday is telling her what she's doing on Monday and Tuesday, which is what she is asking about.

Sorry, I missed where it said Wednesday. In that case, I would hazard a guess that you won't have German tomorrow. Usually, the department needs a bit of time to process the registration and sort ye into groups. There'll be a lot of faffing about for the next few weeks with people changing levels and stuff. If you're worried, ask your year co-ordinator or call into the secretary's office.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,200 ✭✭✭J.D.R

For those of us waiting to be blessed with a Student ID card, will we still be able to use the library and gym?

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭seriousfizz

So err.. does anybody know how bad the barbers in the main street is? €5 haircut like, there's gotta be a catch :P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 337 ✭✭girlonfire

J.D.R wrote: »
    For those of us waiting to be blessed with a Student ID card, will we still be able to use the library and gym?

From what I can gather, you'll be able to use the library. You won't be able to rent/take any books out though without a student card. As for the gym, I reckon you could use it as long as you can provide some evidence you're a student.
    mind you, I'm sure nobody will bat an eyelid either way

• Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭validusername

may I ask where is new theatre? :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

Beside the John Hume building on the North Campus. You have to walk through the little pond thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭validusername

you star! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,956 ✭✭✭mp3guy

A lovely 9am lecture first thing to kick things off. I haven't been up this early in months. Ugh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

9am lectures on Monday for the third year in a row.

WHHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭LeixlipRed

Cliched as it is, the 1st years get younger every year.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,770 Mod ✭✭✭✭irish_goat

The flags look cool.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

I won a pack of condoms from banquo at the SU. Condoms feel so much better when you've earned them.:)

• Advertisement

K4t wrote: »
    I won a pack of condoms from banquo at the SU. Condoms feel so much better when you've earned them.:)

Dare I ask how you earned them?? :P

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement