Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I can haz general discussion?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭squishykins

banquo wrote: »
    First Year Handbook coming soon.

/Starts on newspaper

Ooooooooooh can't wait to get it :D

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

Is anyone else having problems looking at the modules on nuim.ie/courses?

And would any history students be able to tell me anything about THE AGE OF THE BAROQUE: ART, DESIGN & SOCIETY IN SEVENTEENTH-CENTURY EUROPE (HY243) or CULTURE OF THE PRINTED BOOK IN EAR.MOD.WORLD (HY258) for second year history! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 122 ✭✭Bhoy_

Yeah, think there's a problem with timetables aswell, again.

Bhoy_ wrote: »
    Yeah, think there's a problem with timetables aswell, again.

It's the same thing coming up for both I think!
    Application Aborted

One of the following errors has occurred:
    The application is currently under maintenance. Please try again later.
    The page requested does not exist.
    You do not have the right privileges to display the page.
    The communication was corrupted. Please try again.

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭CnaG

Anyone know if/when graduates get access to their nuim.ie/moodle accounts cut off?

• Advertisement

It's OK. It works now! :)

Although I'm still looking for info on those modules!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,200 ✭✭✭J.D.R

Or, does anyone know when all the modules will be up? I seem to be missing a fair few of them for English, Sociology and Economics

J.D.R wrote: »
    Or, does anyone know when all the modules will be up? I seem to be missing a fair few of them for English, Sociology and Economics

Modules up where? On the timetable?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

The first year Sociology modules are on sociology.nuim.ie :) I <3 the socio modules for 3rd year, can't wait to start.

/nerd

Just remembered. If you can't find the modules on the timetable option, find them on nuim.ie/courses and look at the timetable section for each module. You'll find the times there! :)

• Advertisement

Thanks, got the sociology one, and found out where to get the ones for english and econ (thanks XxMCRxBabyxX) but I am getting the action aborted thing aswell.

I'll try again tomorow or something. Still have close to a week before I even regieter:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

FFS why do they have to go and update the library website. It's the same crap that's always been on it except now, the day before registration, you can't look at past exam papers as the 'page is not found'. I love Maynooth but it seems there's always something not right when you need it to be. Rant:(

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭chillian17

First Year Handbook coming soon.

/Starts on newspaper

Where/when will we get them?

Thanks, got the sociology one, and found out where to get the ones for english and econ (thanks XxMCRxBabyxX) but I am getting the action aborted thing aswell.

I'll try again tomorow or something. Still have close to a week before I even regieter:eek:

No Probs! :)

Yea i realised that problem was coming up on the module descriptors as well afterwards! Sorry! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

Listening to MGMT to relax...very tempted to go see them at the Olympia next week..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 titi

hi guys,

I'm French and I'm coming to Maynooth in a few days and I was just wondering what is the best mobile phone network provider?? O2, vodafone, meteor, 3 ??
    what do you guys use?

thx
    :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 122 ✭✭Bhoy_

I'd lean towards o2. I've been with the network for along time now and the top up €20 a month and get free texts to any network deal is pretty savage.

Meteor. You get a free sim card when you sign up, with credit on it, and then when you top up by €20, you can either get free texts to any irish network, or free calls and texts to the Meteor network.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,214 ✭✭✭wonton

just realised dublin bus have upped the price of tickets, baasterds!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭banquo

By how much?

/annoyed

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,394 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

70 cent on the 5 day weekly one.

3 euro on the 30 day one.

Would like to know how they try and justify it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭banquo

Agh! Student numbers start with 7 this year!

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭lemansky

Agh! Student numbers start with 7 this year!

I knew this day was coming........but I didn't want to believe it :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭cian1500ww

Just over a week to go and I still haven't found any accommodation :(
    Anyone know anywhere that'd take someone for 5 months ?? Everywhere I've been looking is for 9 months min...

• Registered Users Posts: 782 ✭✭✭tootyflutty

Can I do all the registery stuff except pay, or does it all have to be done at once? :confused:
    Want to register for a module that has a limited number of places, but will only be paying by card in the next few days.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 MaynoothSU

You can register now and pay later.

• Registered Users Posts: 782 ✭✭✭tootyflutty

cian1500ww wrote: »
    Just over a week to go and I still haven't found any accommodation :(
    Anyone know anywhere that'd take someone for 5 months ?? Everywhere I've been looking is for 9 months min...

You could try campus? And as long as they find someone to fill your place after Christmas, yous hould get back a good chunk of your deposit.

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭Ian Beale

Pin lookup error :mad: sure they can wait a few days for their money so :pac:

Ian Beale wrote: »
    Pin lookup error :mad: sure they can wait a few days for their money so :pac:

Happened to me too. I just kept entering my pin, gave up and the all of a sudden it opened!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 330 ✭✭ontour

Wont open for me either, glad to hear the fees part can be paid later though! What do you do just skip the fees part is it?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement