Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I can haz general discussion?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭LeixlipRed

I'll miss you so much Michelle, but you know that already :)

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭Devia

Always complained about the work but now im a bit sad im not going back to nuim. Would have been so much easier than getting a job.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Michellenman

LeixlipRed wrote: »
    I'll miss you so much Michelle, but you know that already :)

<3 bbz.

Book your flights this weekend. November can't come soon enough :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭allandanyways

Good luck love, I'm sure you'll have a great year. I said it once, I'll say it again, if you get bored or lonely, hop on a train and come to Spain, but that probably won't happen, and you'll have a brilliant year! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,878 ✭✭✭Rozabeez

Awh lady, best of luck! I just know you'll love it! <3

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭banquo

*yawn and stretch*

/starts work

• Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭barleybooley

banquo wrote: »
    *yawn and stretch*

/starts work

*yawn and stretch*

/tucks in to second cup of tea :)

*jealous*

• Registered Users Posts: 782 ✭✭✭tootyflutty

For first year you get that bank giro thing for paying registration fee and go in during orientation. But how does it work after 1st year? Do we pay online by card, or what not? :confused:

You can do it either by bank giro or online with laser or credit card.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 782 ✭✭✭tootyflutty

You can do it either by bank giro or online with laser or credit card.

And is that only from when registration opens or can it be done now? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭princess_calico

I'm so confused about it...

Who do I pay? How much do I pay? How do I pay? Where do I pay? Do I really have to pay at all? :confused:

Also, did anyone else have a problem taking out a student loan? I'm paying for college myself by taking out a loan and paying it back over the summer. Last year the Credit Union had no problem granting me one once I had my CAO acceptance letter thing, but this year they kicked up a huge fuss since the college hadn't sent me a letter of confirmation for my place in 2nd year. I contacted them and they sent me an email confirming it, but apparently that's not enough! I now have to pay the registration fee, and when that's paid, I have to go back to them and show them proof that it was paid...

But I need the loan to pay the registration fee! :confused::confused::confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭funky penguin

Perhaps a headed letter from the registrar confirming your transition into 2nd year?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭Ms. Koi

best of luck Michellenman!

I haven't received anything regarding payment for college...hmmm

The First Year Handbook is going to be AMAZING!!

***disco biscuits***:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭mickstupp

I'm so confused about it...

Who do I pay? How much do I pay? How do I pay? Where do I pay? Do I really have to pay at all? :confused:

Also, did anyone else have a problem taking out a student loan? I'm paying for college myself by taking out a loan and paying it back over the summer. Last year the Credit Union had no problem granting me one once I had my CAO acceptance letter thing, but this year they kicked up a huge fuss since the college hadn't sent me a letter of confirmation for my place in 2nd year. I contacted them and they sent me an email confirming it, but apparently that's not enough! I now have to pay the registration fee, and when that's paid, I have to go back to them and show them proof that it was paid...

But I need the loan to pay the registration fee! :confused::confused::confused:
    You pay online from the 9th onwards. There was a mail with the date in it yonks ago, dated 14/07, subject line: "Important dates for September". They'll send another one soon with more details. I don't know if you're on a grant, but if you're not you probably have to pay the €1587? http://fees.nuim.ie/feesschedule.shtml

As for a loan, yes, the bank gave me awful hassle this time, got some ignorant sod who made me feel about six inches tall and that I wasn't going to get a loan. Went and complained me head off. Anyway they insisted I needed some sort of confirmation of fees from the college, which didn't happen and wasn't an issue last year, but anyway. The guy in the fees office in Maynooth was very nice and sent me out a letter straight away. I literally got it the next day. Between that, my college ID, results letter, they eventually gave me the loan. Buy jaysus what a rigmarole! Ring up the fees office and explain the problem to them, they'll send you an official letter stating how much you need. Hopefully they'll accept that and give you the loan.
    I suppose, last resort, if they still refuse... is to say to them 'What you're doing is preventing me from going back to college, I can't do
    it without a loan. I want to close my account and take my money somewhere else. Now please.' Even if all you've got is a tenner, institutions don't really like people closing their accounts.

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭princess_calico

Perhaps a headed letter from the registrar confirming your transition into 2nd year?

Bleh! I'll have to get one but it's going to take SO much effort...! Damn emails! :D

Someone asked me the other day was the NUIM font was. Had to go outside and look at a bin.

(It was Trajan)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭LeixlipRed

Could you tell by looking or do you have some sort of codebook you look in? You keep the codebook in a fanny pack too right? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭smiles302

Checking the website wouldn't have been easier? lol

:D

• Advertisement

Home time!

/spins around in wheely chair

Its gonna be a long year.

• Registered Users Posts: 556 ✭✭✭jethro081

allright folks, probably the wrong place for this question, but, i hand my thesis in for the MA in Military history on the fifteenth of august. does anyone have a clue as to when i can expect results, and when ill grad (all going according to a very haphazard plan)

Cheers

Best place to ask is the History Dept. I assume.

MA's graduate in October, don't they?

coffee_dead-thumb-300x434-12.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭Fenny

"The timetable for the academic year 2010/2011 is currently being reviewed and will be available as soon as possible."

Hope it's up soon, it was around this time last year that it went up as well. Really want to see it, I need to plan my naps!

• Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭smiles302

Oooo somebody post when they put it up! *Crosses fingers Monday/Friday isn't a nightmare*

First Year Handbook goes to print in 18 hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭squishykins

First Year Handbook goes to print in 18 hours.

Excellent :D I can't wait to get out of this dump XD

• Advertisement

Sundays are always quiet on here...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement