Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I can haz general discussion?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 542 ✭✭✭ooPabsoo

gra26 wrote: »
    Is it mean of me to not feel sorry for people doing exams in Jan?

Yes:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭funky penguin

Meanie.

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭leopoldbloom

No exams either! :D

Thesis way behind schedule... :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭allandanyways

I am sooooo bored. Frickin hell. I'm so bored I'm sleepy so too tired to study, yet when I try to sleep, I end up lying awake til 3am getting annoyed at myself because I can't sleep. Head is melted and it's only day 2 of holidays.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭PrivateEye

Really tense moment on the Nitelink last night. Two gangs of yoofs, 18-20 year old types, right up in each other faces.

Here we go says everyone. Young ones look away, it's about to kick off.

In comes PrivateEye.

"SIT DOWN, IF YOU LOVE YOUR MA
    SIT DOWN, IF YOU LOVE YOUR MAAAA"

Everyone laughs. Everyone sits their stupid selves down again and joins in. All is well in the world.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

Slow internet + flu makes me not a happy person!

Just two more days until I can watch my boxset of The Tudors <3<3 It may not be historically accurate, but I don't mind :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭funky penguin

PrivateEye wrote: »
    Really tense moment on the Nitelink last night. Two gangs of yoofs, 18-20 year old types, right up in each other faces.

Here we go says everyone. Young ones look away, it's about to kick off.

In comes PrivateEye.

"SIT DOWN, IF YOU LOVE YOUR MA
    SIT DOWN, IF YOU LOVE YOUR MAAAA"

Everyone laughs. Everyone sits their stupid selves down again and joins in. All is well in the world.

You sir, are a hero.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,878 ✭✭✭Rozabeez

Ow my f*cking arse. I just slipped on ice!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭banquo

Slowest walk of my life to the train tonight. Damned ice.

For some reason, this laptop (my sister's) always displays boards in the Pink Theme.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,708 ✭✭✭ScissorPaperRock

Have a merry Christmas everyone!

• Advertisement

*Had a bus question, Google'd it (!!!!) and am now fine*

Merry Christmas to you all.

Watched that video Xmas eve while slightly hammered, was nice :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭allandanyways

Yknow the way overall we (as a student body) are discouraged from using Wikipedia as a resource? If it's in the language we're studying (i.e. I'm using Spanish wikipedia) d'ya reckon it's ok?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 209 ✭✭BarryDoodles

5Aces wrote: »
    roight.

:) was reading your posts with your accent... then i come to this one, i nearly died laughing : )

"aye alwahys wante-d ta b a diRet-or" (i always wanted to be a director)

drinks again soon? pre-rag week training begins soon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 912 ✭✭✭Norrdeth

Yknow the way overall we (as a student body) are discouraged from using Wikipedia as a resource? If it's in the language we're studying (i.e. I'm using Spanish wikipedia) d'ya reckon it's ok?

You're better off going straight to the references that Wiki uses just to be safe, as they're bound to be more reliable depending on their format.
    Online Journal = generally safe, Book = safe, Blog = wouldn't touch it with a 10' pole.
    Basically anything quazi-published (i.e. can't be changed) or anything that's put under academic scrutiny before printing should be fine.

Good luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭banquo

Norrdeth rules!

• Registered Users Posts: 782 ✭✭✭tootyflutty

Exam timetables seem to be down, along with the academic timetable on the nuim page. Anyone know whats up, or if there is some other way of seeing my exam times?
    Only kknow the dates I have exams, never took down where they are or what subject is on which day :/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,955 ✭✭✭mp3guy

• Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭barleybooley

limbs meet my brain brain meet my limbs. why oh why can't you two just get on whrn i bring alocolh along?

• Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭Wendero

Just a quick question... when does the second semester start?

• Advertisement

First week in Feb.

Flying to London in the first week of February for a 'trip to Uniqlo and the pub' session. Suggest people go to Ryanair and do the same. Just join us, we're grand.

No passport :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

Two weeks of the most serious cramming of my life is needed to pass these exams! I'm actually far more nervous about these than I was for the leavin, and I was going for high points then. Sheeeeiiiiiiiiittttttt!:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 330 ✭✭ontour

Strange question but what are the roads like around maynooth Im heading back up tommorrow :rolleyes: hate driving in this weather

Not gonna lie to you, they're not good at all! I'm in Leixlip, it rained last night but the snow is still here so it must've frozen over. Where are you driving from? The mother is coming from wexford now and said it isn't too bad.

Can anyone tell me if you can sit the exams without your student card, I've left mine in Donegal and am just wondering if I need to go and get another one.

Em, do you still have the orange sheet they gave you at the start of the year?

I don't remember getting an orange sheet, what was on it?

• Advertisement

I don't think everyone gets one, you'll probably have to buy a new student card for 20 euro from the registration place.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement