Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I can haz general discussion?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭Ian Beale

ontour wrote: »
    Strange question but what are the roads like around maynooth Im heading back up tommorrow :rolleyes: hate driving in this weather
    Maynooth/Leixlip main roads are fine only the estates are still bad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 330 ✭✭ontour

Rozabeez wrote: »
    Not gonna lie to you, they're not good at all! I'm in Leixlip, it rained last night but the snow is still here so it must've frozen over. Where are you driving from? The mother is coming from wexford now and said it isn't too bad.

Coming from the Summerhill, kilcock side :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭LeixlipRed

I don't remember getting an orange sheet, what was on it?

Just bring some other form of ID with you, driving license or passport, etc,.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭PrivateEye

Hmmm.

Not recieved exam pass. Dubs got them yet in the post? Could it come this week?...and from folks in the know and reading above, if it doesn't then the Student card will suffice?
    I don't think everyone gets one

Knowing NUIM, neither do I!

May email the Examiniations Office later depending.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Michellenman

Didn't they send some yoke out a while ago saying that we didn't need the exam permits or something. It's ringing bells in my head but I can't remember where I heard it...

Anyone know the story with Pugin? Is it open? If so, is it open to everyone?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭mickstupp

They already mailed... roughly 20th December, give or take.
    "In previous years, students taking written university examinations in NUIM received an ‘exam pack’ comprising a paper copy of the personalised timetable (called a permit) and exam regulations. From January 2010 we will no longer issue exam packs to students and this electronic timetable replaces the pack. You may print out your personalised timetable and examination regulations but you should not bring them into the exam hall with you."

Just make sure you have your student ID.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭Duddy

Savage Cabbage, I always forget mine.
    I remember in first year I forgot my ID too, I could have been anyone:rolleyes:

Except you were asked for another ID and if you didn't provide that you had to sign a declaration declaring you were who you said you were and provide contact details. So not anyone then really...

Maynooth is an ice-rink. Careful folks.

Felt so good putting a combined total of 8,100 words into the box in Rhetoric House today. YES!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭Miss Lockhart

PrivateEye wrote: »

Felt so good putting a combined total of 8,100 words into the box in Rhetoric House today. YES!

The roads or the footpaths, or both? Having nearly killed myself walking 30 mins to my nearest bus stop today (due to a curtailed Dublin Bus schedule), I am really not looking forward to braving Maynooth if it is as bad as here.

Also, any chance the Student Records Office would be open by Wednesday? Or when it will open?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭5Aces

Out of curiosity what is the story with deferring exams till august? can you just ask to do it in august or do you need to get a doctors note saying you got food poisoning so your marked out of 100% in august? My local chinese is deadly. i should find a new one but its quicker to walk over and risk it. It could kick in at a bad time!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

Then we'll skate, skate like we've never skated before.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,878 ✭✭✭Rozabeez

I don't skate. I fall on my ass.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

Internet's going to be down on campus this evening (something to do with network problems I think.) Supposedly it's going to be back up by tomorrow morning, but they're not sure.

(I didn't really think that there was much point of making a new thread for this so I thought I'd just put it here. Hope that's okay :) )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

Okay, my internet still works so I don't know what's going on. Maybe I just shouldn't believe things that people who do computer science tell me :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭banquo

Rozabeez wrote: »
    I don't skate. I fall on my ass.

Have you tried tobogganing?

• Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭meganj

Quick question all.

When the fudgecicle did the cost of the computer printr cards go up to a fiver??? With only a euro credit on it! I understand why they did it to prevent people constantly getting new ones, but but... why didn't I know? have I just being living under a rock?

Had the worst time ever yesterday trying to print off an essay, went to ARTS with a fiver and nothing else, planning on using two euro of it to get the card and another couple to use for credit. Instead I had to go home twenty minutes before it was due and then spent nearly a tenner printing the thing off.. GRRRR!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭barleybooley

meganj wrote: »
    Quick question all.

When the fudgecicle did the cost of the computer printr cards go up to a fiver??? With only a euro credit on it! I understand why they did it to prevent people constantly getting new ones, but but... why didn't I know? have I just being living under a rock?

Had the worst time ever yesterday trying to print off an essay, went to ARTS with a fiver and nothing else, planning on using two euro of it to get the card and another couple to use for credit. Instead I had to go home twenty minutes before it was due and then spent nearly a tenner printing the thing off.. GRRRR!

Ah meganj, always behind on the times, no wonder you're doing history:P
    To answer your question: like, ages ago. Maybe around Halloween? Either way it's been ages!

Pretty sure it's been like that since the start of the year. They may be 2 euro more expensive but you also get 2 euro more back if you're selling it back to them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭Miss Lockhart

Bizarre question this time of night (or possibly any time), but anyone have any clue where you might buy wool or coloured embroidery thread or any other thick string/twine in Maynooth??

• Advertisement

Maybe try that new art and craft shop that just openned near the entrance to south campus? If you're walking from dunnes towards south campus its just after you turn the corner at the vodafone shop. Think it's called Fallons or something. Might be worth a look anyway :)

Its not called Fallons, its called Fallonz.

On behalf of the whole Fallon family-tree, all over Ireland, I can say we would never spell a shop with a Z where there should be an S and these small time Kildare imposters are out of towners hijacking our West of Ireland surname -steeped in history -for their own arts and crafts nonsense.

S NOT Z.

• Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭meganj

Ah meganj, always behind on the times, no wonder you're doing history:P
    To answer your question: like, ages ago. Maybe around Halloween? Either way it's been ages!

Well why didn't you tell me Booley? WELL?? Flippin Mayo people :p Next you'll be given me the directors cut of this post.. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭leopoldbloom

Its not called Fallons, its called Fallonz.

On behalf of the whole Fallon family-tree, all over Ireland, I can say we would never spell a shop with a Z where there should be an S and these small time Kildare imposters are out of towners hijacking our West of Ireland surname -steeped in history -for their own arts and crafts nonsense.

S NOT Z.

No apostrophes in the west then no? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 407 ✭✭kaiser soza

What are the paths and roads like leading up to the south campus and inside the south campus.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Holsten

Anyone know what the story is with the exams in this weather?

Will they be called off or put back or something?

Why would they be? People have until Friday to get down at the very earliest.

Can't see them being called off or put back.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,955 ✭✭✭mp3guy

Holsten wrote: »
    Anyone know what the story is with the exams in this weather?

Will they be called off or put back or something?

What do you mean this weather? An inch of snow and the country thinks it's the apocalypse.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭The guy

I just hope the bus service isn't cancelled on Friday or I won't be able to get to Maynooth.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement