Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FAQ: Unlocking, Jailbreak, Cydia, etc - All discussion goes here

Options

Comments

Just tried to open the whether app but it crashes immediately. Jumped on twitter and see its a bug that the devs are working on rectifying.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭Notorious97

Tried redsnow on ios6.01 and 6.1 it wont work

not sure if the below link will help, its another forum and the user seems to have a long winded work around, not sure if this is what you are trying to achieve, sorry if it isnt, and sorry if i shouldnt be posting other forum links :)

last post has the work around.

http://www.ifans.com/forums/threads/updating-to-ios-6-1-without-updating-baseband.391874/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭freeze4real

not sure if the below link will help, its another forum and the user seems to have a long winded work around, not sure if this is what you are trying to achieve, sorry if it isnt, and sorry if i shouldnt be posting other forum links :)

last post has the work around.

http://www.ifans.com/forums/threads/updating-to-ios-6-1-without-updating-baseband.391874/

thanks for the link, but how can you restore to 6.1 !!
    The post makes no sense to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭Notorious97

thanks for the link, but how can you restore to 6.1 !!
    The post makes no sense to me.

yea kinda confusing, i was hoping it would make sense to others sorry lol

that site is usually good for work arounds, maybe keep an eye on it, might provide a solution.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭IamMetaldave

The manage account is loading for me now. It's still unusably slow. Gonna leave it until morning and let America go to sleep.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭rabbitinlights

Got Five Icon Dock and Five Column working on my iPhone 5 - Cydia is VERY slow, going to leave the rest of the tweeks till later in the week.....

Very happy to have the JB back though.....

S.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,489 ✭✭✭✭guil

Redsn0w can create an ipsw without a baseband so it ends up being NO_BB_6.1xxx. You restore to that which will leave the phone in recovery mode.

I'm not sure exactly what he means when he says "loaded up 6.0 and hit recovery"
    It seems he selected it in redsn0w but i can't remember if there is a fix recovery button in redsn0w. There is in tinyumbrella. Maybe he restored to 6.0

Next part then in redsn0w again, click jb then select the 6.0 ipsw and that should activate the phone. Then run the evasion jb.

You need to download 6.0 and 6.1 beforehand to try this but I can't see how it will work, I'm nearly sure redsn0w can identify what iOS is on the phone and don't think it will let you jb a different version than what is already on the phone

• Registered Users, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,515 Mod ✭✭✭✭sharkman

Soarer wrote: »
    Anyone fancy checking Sky Go?

Try this : load AppSync for iOS 6 , then load installous 5 this will unload AppSync for iOS 6 and replace it with AppSync for iOS 5 , load old SkyGo patched from cydia to installous , unpack it from installous and reload AppSync for iOS 6 thus removing installous . Dont forget xcon also from cydia .

SKY Go working .:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭fox007

Will jailbreak my iPhone 5 in an hour or and report back with bugs Etc.If it slows up my phone or anything I will just restore it and wait another week till its all sorted out.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,099 ✭✭✭whitelightrider

Any update on official apps working or not working - Sky Go?

• Advertisement

fox007 wrote: »
    Will jailbreak my iPhone 5 in an hour or and report back with bugs Etc.If it slows up my phone or anything I will just restore it and wait another week till its all sorted out.

It won't slow up your phone, but the Cydia servers are still slow as Saurik posted on Cydia Facebook.

So, Cydia is useable now! It's nice an quick. However, when I log into my "manage account" and try and install anything I get the following error "HTTP/1.1 403 Forbidden

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 karlobrien_

I only have an iPod Touch 4 so I don't want to make it any slower, and not mad on paying for tweaks, the good ones seem to cost. Should I?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,807 ✭✭✭Mr Velo

Thinking of jailbreaking my iPhone 5 - silly question though. Can i restore from backup (i.e. text messages etc) after jailbreaking - or will they still all be intact?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,489 ✭✭✭✭guil

Mr Velo wrote: »
    Thinking of jailbreaking my iPhone 5 - silly question though. Can i restore from backup (i.e. text messages etc) after jailbreaking - or will they still all be intact?
    You can still sync and backup as normal. If you restore all that will be lost is anything jailbreak related

Mr Velo wrote: »

It shouldnt affect any of your data, the only thing you will really notice is Cydia installed. But it is recommended that you do a backup before just in case it goes pear shaped while jailbreaking.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,860 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

sharkman wrote: »
    Try this : load AppSync for iOS 6 , then load installous 5 this will unload AppSync for iOS 6 and replace it with AppSync for iOS 5 , load old SkyGo patched from cydia to installous , unpack it from installous and reload AppSync for iOS 6 thus removing installous . Dont forget xcon also from cydia .

SKY Go working .:D

I Can't get it working. Installous downloads but will not open. It says outdated and it quits.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭Duff

Anyone else install Makeitmine only for it not to open properly? Re instlled it several times and still the same..

• Registered Users, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,515 Mod ✭✭✭✭sharkman

I Can't get it working. Installous downloads but will not open. It says outdated and it quits.
    OK , once old skygo patched is download to installous you need to switch to airplane mode in order to open installous.

• Registered Users Posts: 743 ✭✭✭breeno

Any more info on sky go lads? I'm getting the error loading it up. The above fix doesn't seem to valid as installous no longer works. Am I missing something or how would you get the old app and installous of the repo is gone?

Any help is much appreciated.

Edit didn't see last post. What repo should we use for installous?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,733 ✭✭✭ASOT

My god iv missed five icon dock.

ASOT wrote: »
    My god iv missed five icon dock.

I hear you there! And Cyntact. So many tweaks to add back :)

Zephyr is a must for me, swipe up to close apps is so much more efficient than clicking the home button.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,865 ✭✭✭Soarer

Gonna jailbreak the plop out of my iPad 3 this evening. Missed having VideoSafe to hide things from the young fellas, if you know what I mean! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Never done a jailbreak before but have been convinced to give it a shot. Provided I do a backup before hand, I cant fcuk it up too badly, right?

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭Awake&Unafraid

Well I successfully jailbroke my iphone 4 last night and it went great, very quick. Very simple :)

Loving NCSettings. I'm with Three and I have an issue where my 3G will drop to GPRS and not automatically switch back, so having the airplane mode toggle in notification centre is brilliant!!!

Anyone know the story with Lockdown Pro? Says its not available for this io or something :(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

Well I successfully jailbroke my iphone 4 last night and it went great, very quick. Very simple :)

Loving NCSettings. I'm with Three and I have an issue where my 3G will drop to GPRS and not automatically switch back, so having the airplane mode toggle in notification centre is brilliant!!!

Anyone know the story with Lockdown Pro? Says its not available for this io or something :(

I have the same bloody problem with three! I wonder if there's a tweak to fix it?

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭Awake&Unafraid

I have the same bloody problem with three! I wonder if there's a tweak to fix it?
    If there is, I'd be eternally grateful to the developer.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭StaticNoise

sharkman wrote: »
    OK , once old skygo patched is download to installous you need to switch to airplane mode in order to open installous.

Installous was closed down and doesn't work. The system that runs it, called AppTrackr, was also closed down. Both of these closures took place due to the Feds getting involved over the copyright content they helped to distribute- not over the legal bits and pieces they shared (which there was).

As far as I know, we can't talk about these solutions here (even if they are no solely for pirating content), but a simple Google search for 'alternatives' will give you loads of ways to gather the legal items and general jailbreak tools that Installous offered.

I would post them, but I am fairly confident that some sort of mod will fly in and give me a smack on the back of the head for doing so, even when I wasn't sharing a way to facilitate the download of solely pirated apps.

As always, Google is your best friend.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15 PTOR

Does anyone know how to get smileys on jailbroken iOS6? I know theres the Emoji built in keyboard, but I mean smileys back and forth between a non-Apple phone?

Advertisement