Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FAQ: Unlocking, Jailbreak, Cydia, etc - All discussion goes here

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭Notorious97

Anyone read much about the below link? Apparently respringing creates junk files which take up space, method to fix this is in the link.

Not sure what to make of it, anyone heard about it?

http://modmyi.com/content/9956-respringcachefix-cleans-junk-files-created-resprings-ios-6-1.html

• Registered Users Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

Anyone read much about the below link? Apparently respringing creates junk files which take up space, method to fix this is in the link.

http://modmyi.com/content/9956-respringcachefix-cleans-junk-files-created-resprings-ios-6-1.html

I use an app called iCleaner which does the same thing. Each time I run it im freeing up at least 100mb.... Must be some truth in it

• Registered Users Posts: 10,479 ✭✭✭✭guil

The latest update to evasi0n untether in cydia has fixed the issue with the weather app crashing

• Registered Users Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭Notorious97

I use an app called iCleaner which does the same thing. Each time I run it im freeing up at least 100mb.... Must be some truth in it

Is iCleaner in Cydia?

Is iCleaner in Cydia?
    Yes

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭freeze4real

guys can I restore my iphone back to ios5.1 through snowbreeze then get my network working again ?

Anyone else having the problem that you can't see your updates on the app store after this jb? everything else seemingly fine except lots of random lag on loading pages and no updates on the appstore..

Anyone else having the problem that you can't see your updates on the app store after this jb? everything else seemingly fine except lots of random lag on loading pages and no updates on the appstore..
    Just had it there a min ago but I restarted the App Store and it came up. First time it's happened since the jb

• Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭themacdaddy

Is anyone having an issue with SMS notifications not showing up since the update/jailbreak? It was working fine up until the Jailbreak but its seems to only working intermittantly since the jailbreak process. Anyone think I should restore the re-jailbreak?

I did a restore and re-jailbroke (if that's a word) my 4s last night and all seems good again

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭Awake&Unafraid

Had to uninstall auxo for the time being, kept putting phone in safe mode. Searched on twitter and apparently it's something to do with app locking tweaks (I had applocker but disabled it and installed lockdown pro, still going into safe mode).

Also with zephyr, if I slide right through my apps, when it gets to the last one it goes onto Nike+iPod even when it's not open, then the phone crashes. Any one else with zephyr having this issue?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,408 ✭✭✭naasrd

Yeah, RespringCacheFix sorts it out.

Get charged for calling voicemail and hit the icon accidentally from time to time? NoVoiceMail removes the icon.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,904 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

Message+ is nicer because it's only used when it has to be, and the rest of the time you get to use the default app. The little cog settings icon in biteSMS really bothered me. I've got intelliscreenX trial at the moment and was going to try out lockinfo next, but being able to see the NC and hide it on my custom lockscreen is really nice. Now that I think about it I might just stick with intelliscreenX. It's not worth the 5 quid though IMHO so I might just get rid of it after my trial as it doesn't really revolutionize the use of my phone. The messages+ having to X off sms notifications is VERY annoying and a feature I'd love to turn off but can't see an option in the settings.

Message+ is nicer because it's only used when it has to be, and the rest of the time you get to use the default app. The little cog settings icon in biteSMS really bothered me. I've got intelliscreenX trial at the moment and was going to try out lockinfo next, but being able to see the NC and hide it on my custom lockscreen is really nice. Now that I think about it I might just stick with intelliscreenX. It's not worth the 5 quid though IMHO so I might just get rid of it after my trial as it doesn't really revolutionize the use of my phone. The messages+ having to X off sms notifications is VERY annoying and a feature I'd love to turn off but can't see an option in the settings.

Just deleted bitesms, although I liked it a lot, I purchased Aloud, and had it set to notify me of texts, incoming calls and emails when I have my earphones on, (via Siri) with bite the message notification wouldn't work.

Loving IntelliX a lot. Have yet to give lockinfo a good go though.

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭brianomc

Just had the phone beep like I got a text, looked at it and there was what looked like a fullscreen spam message at on it telling me I won something and a dismiss button at the bottom. Anyone else get this? Jailbroken with evasi0n. Stupidly, in a way, I switched the phone off before pressing anything or taking a screenshot.

Restoring back to its normal state now anyway. Webpages were very slow to load over 3g.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

Just unlocked 3GS through Cydia / Redsnow Baseband 06 15 00

When I go to upload apps it prompts IOS 4.3 required.

Can I install this without messing everything up or will I have to start all over again?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,611 ✭✭✭david75

Is it just me or are very few of any repos contents useable with 6.1?

will they be updated?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭EuskalHerria

Tried looking through the thread and online. Just a quick question, is it possible to unlock a 4s currently?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,244 ✭✭✭AntiRip

david75 wrote: »
    Is it just me or are very few of any repos contents useable with 6.1?

will they be updated?

Yeah. I'm getting a few forced safe modes and having to delete some again. I'm sure they will be updated in time.

A couple I fine very handy is KillBackground, ProTubeHD, Safari Download Manager. SwipeSelection is a must have. You can swipe back and forth on the keyboard to move the cursor without having the hold on the text.

• Advertisement

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭EuskalHerria

That's great, any reccomendations of how it could be done? Would it be free through an application or is it possible and has to be done by a store.

Be nice to get it done to my phone is possible but I don't think I'd pay for it to be done.

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭JayC5

Hi,

Anyone else having issues with the evasi0n jailbreak? I'm getting the weather app issue and also two apps that are stuck at and vary between loading/installing/waiting after rebooting or respringing.

I tried all the suggestions to fix the weather app but nothing worked i.e. used the 2nd release of the jailbreak software, removed Appsync and rebooted, updated from Cydia (evasi0n 6.0-6-1 Untether (v0.2-3) and UIKit Tools (v1.1.6).

Regarding the Cydia updates: when I look at my Packages my evasi0n 6.0-6.1 Untethered jailbreak is version 0.3-1 and UIKit Tools 1.1.7

Any suggestions? - I really don't want to have to jailbreak afresh as it took almost a day to get my phone back to the way it was :cool:

JayC5 wrote: »
    Hi,

Anyone else having issues with the evasi0n jailbreak? I'm getting the weather app issue and also two apps that are stuck at and vary between loading/installing/waiting after rebooting or respringing.

I tried all the suggestions to fix the weather app but nothing worked i.e. used the 2nd release of the jailbreak software, removed Appsync and rebooted, updated from Cydia (evasi0n 6.0-6-1 Untether (v0.2-3) and UIKit Tools (v1.1.6).

Regarding the Cydia updates: when I look at my Packages my evasi0n 6.0-6.1 Untethered jailbreak is version 0.3-1 and I can't see any uIKit Tools on the list. I do remember installing the two recommended updates but I'm not sure if they have worked.

Any suggestions? - I really don't want to have to jailbreak afresh as it took almost a day to get my phone back to the way it was :cool:
    just install any updates in cydia, there has being 1 or 2 updates to evasi0n since they fixed the weather app

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭JayC5

guil wrote: »
    just install any updates in cydia, there has being 1 or 2 updates to evasi0n since they fixed the weather app

I did that and still nothing...

I had a few issues with intelliscreenx, but not freezing. Going into safe mode a few times.

my iphone 4 went into safe mode a lot of times when i had intelliscreen installed, hasn't done it once since i uninstalled it

• Advertisement

guil wrote: »
    my iphone 4 went into safe mode a lot of times when i had intelliscreen installed, hasn't done it once since i uninstalled it

As much as I love intelli I'm considering removing it because of it and buying lockinfo.

Advertisement