Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FAQ: Unlocking, Jailbreak, Cydia, etc - All discussion goes here

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,120 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Does Jailbreakign still destroy your battery life and other little things like it used to?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,408 ✭✭✭naasrd

Does Jailbreakign still destroy your battery life and other little things like it used to?

Never had any issues like that, ever. Has this happened to you?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeloe

Quick and painless, from beginning to download to jailbroken in about 4 minutes! :)

iPhone 5! :)

iPhone 5 successfully jailbroken on iOS 6.1. :cool:

Very nice jailbreak so simple and clean.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,704 ✭✭✭Doylers

done and done :D

• Advertisement

Superb jailbreak, done in minutes. Off to donate now.

PS, scroll down evasi0n page for links to Mirrors

• Registered Users Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

Mine's been "finding offsets" for what seems like an eternity! Anyone else had this long wait?

Edit:

Force restarted and cydia is there, looks like it's all good!

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭Awake&Unafraid

Just restoring my iphone now and waiting impatiently!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭prettyboy81

In process of doing it on my iPad 3 at the moment, fingers crossed!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭prettyboy81

In process of doing it on my iPad 3 at the moment, fingers crossed!

Wow that was easy, off to donate meself now :D

For those with SkyGo, the app on the home screen is just a white box now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Might sound daft but if I jailbreak my iPhone would I be able to upload music from it to my Mac? Got a new computer and stupidly didn't copy my music from my old one before wiping it.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,866 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Even though it's not jailbreaking, if I use Custom Carrier logo, which basically just changes some text in a file on the phone from being say 'Vodafone IE' to whatever else, will this effect any of the function of my phone which I bought unlocked from apple directly?

I'm able to tether freely now which other people who bought their phones from three directly (who im with) can not do. So would installing the new icon give my phone the normal three config, just with a new icon, and thus wipe out my ability to tether?

Three haven't turned off everyone's ability to tether. They say it is against their T&Cs. You have a Three carrier file on your iPhone, so that's how they'll do it when (if) it happens

• Registered Users Posts: 3,735 ✭✭✭Stuxnet

done in 3 mins,
    kudos to the lads...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭Duff

Done. That was very smooth. Nice work, lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,704 ✭✭✭Doylers

Two little FYI's to people

1. Cydia's repos are being HAMMERED right now, you will get errors and stuff not working as fast as usual. Give it a few days this happens on big jailbreak days.

2. Consider donating, 5dollars is like 3.50euro, keep the lads sweet for future jail breaking

• Registered Users Posts: 961 ✭✭✭gingernut79

Land of jailbreak apps here I come!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,621 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

Wow that was easy, off to donate meself now :D

For those with SkyGo, the app on the home screen is just a white box now.

I'm on JB with IOS 5.0. I was hoping xcon would work on this new JB :(

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭medic087

guys have an iphone 5. I'm very bored with iOS right now. What kind of functionality can a jailbreak add ?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeloe

If you need to ask, you haven't done enough study to realise if jail breaking is for you or not.

I have some idea what to expect but just interested to know what's the killer feature for other people. I use the sky go app a lot. Will this not work if the phone is jailbroken ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,515 Mod ✭✭✭✭sharkman

How long did it take , my ipad is taking twenty minutes ?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,621 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

Just tried to update via Itunes and "error 6" came up on screen. Its now in DFU mode. Will I have to restore to original settings , then restore from backup before I do the new jailbreak ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭strecker

medic087 wrote: »
    I have some idea what to expect but just interested to know what's the killer feature for other people. I use the sky go app a lot. Will this not work if the phone is jailbroken ?

If you're bored with iOS, jailbreak may well be for you. You can change the appearance - completely theme the UI, add Swipe features, sortcuts; change icon layout, folder size, icon size, scrolling dock with unlimited icons, Dreamboard that can give your iPhone an Android look - complete with widgets etc... a lot of other stuff: file explorer etc etc....

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

I wonder how many jailbreakers just end up going Android in the end.

Granted it's been over a year since I used an iPhone, but I remember that I did basically turn mine into an Android look a like.

For me sparrow mail is a fav, but it doesn't push mail, there's a free tweak in Cydia that allows this so for that alone its worth me jailbreaking. MiWi allows me tether my AYCE data anytime. There's a few other little tweaks but those 2 are the most important for me.

Sonics2k wrote: »
    I wonder how many jailbreakers just end up going Android in the end.

Granted it's been over a year since I used an iPhone, but I remember that I did basically turn mine into an Android look a like.

So Androids are basically tweaked iPhones? Nice.

naasrd wrote: »
    For me sparrow mail is a fav, but it doesn't push mail, there's a free tweak in Cydia that allows this so for that alone its worth me jailbreaking. MiWi allows me tether my AYCE data anytime. There's a few other little tweaks but those 2 are the most important for me.

I'm actually on three myself with all you can eat data, unfortunately i just signed up lately on bill pay so it's against t and cs. Would three be aware of tethering with miwi ?

sharkman wrote: »
    How long did it take , my ipad is taking twenty minutes ?

3 mins, tops.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,244 ✭✭✭AntiRip

Probably because servers are being hammered but I can't download a thing from Cydia, getting NetDB: Open nodename nor sername provided, or not known. Really want my SBSettings back :)

Anyone else with similar issues?

• Advertisement

I'm actually on three myself with all you can eat data, unfortunately i just signed up lately on bill pay so it's against t and cs. Would three be aware of tethering with miwi ?

No, I'm happy to say!

Advertisement