Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FAQ: Unlocking, Jailbreak, Cydia, etc - All discussion goes here

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

Was wondering if you can help me. I recently bought an iphone off someone who stated it was factory unlocked. Anyway I have now found out this may not be the case as I cannot use my sim card. Someone has told me that it may still be locked if the original person has not completed their billpay contract and still had time to run. I'm going to pursue a refund but am wondering what can I do with it if I'm stuck with it? Can I use it without Jailbreaking it if it is still network locked?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

Was wondering if you can help me. I recently bought an iphone off someone who stated it was factory unlocked. Anyway I have now found out this may not be the case as I cannot use my sim card. Someone has told me that it may still be locked if the original person has not completed their billpay contract and still had time to run. I'm going to pursue a refund but am wondering what can I do with it if I'm stuck with it? Can I use it without Jailbreaking it if it is still network locked?

You can use it on the network it is locked to

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭JayC5

This post has been deleted.

Hey,

Looks like there's some issue with Intelliscreen, jailbroke my iPhone 4 a couple of days ago and all was fine until this morning. For some reason whenever I get a regular text message it sends the phone haywire and goes into safe mode - every time I reboot it Intelliscreen attempting to load knocks it back off again...

JayC5 wrote: »
    Hey,

Looks like there's some issue with Intelliscreen, jailbroke my iPhone 4 a couple of days ago and all was fine until this morning. For some reason whenever I get a regular text message it sends the phone haywire and goes into safe mode - every time I reboot it Intelliscreen attempting to load knocks it back off again...

Try making the normal messages app your default app instead of message+ which comes with intelliscreenX

You can use it on the network it is locked to

Ok but I have a contract with another provider, so is that my only legitimate option then?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,478 ✭✭✭✭guil

Try making the normal messages app your default app instead of message+ which comes with intelliscreenX
    Message+ was working fine for me. I have auxo and if I had music playing and we t to the multitasking tray to change a song it would always go to safe mode. Happened a few other random time as well

Ok but I have a contract with another provider, so is that my only legitimate option then?
    What iPhone is it and have you tried restoring it in iTunes?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,904 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,835 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Lockinfo seems to be causing a problem or two as well. Have had a few crashes to safe mode. Uninstall and reinstall seemed to work ok.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,611 ✭✭✭david75

I got a bit tweak happy and now I can only move and delete apps while in itunes. Anyone know what this might be?

• Advertisement

I can't get lockinfo 5 to work at all so I'm just guessing it isn't ios 6 friendly as of yet

• Registered Users Posts: 18,904 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

guil wrote: »
    What iPhone is it and have you tried restoring it in iTunes?

Its a 4s and it is restored I think. When I turn it on it goes into "set up" and then it says "only compatible sim cards from a supported carrier may be used to activate the iphone". I didn't get a new micro sim but I got my old sim clipped at the 02 shop and it still works in a traditional phone (when placed in a old sim holder)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭bazzz

I can't get lockinfo 5 to work at all so I'm just guessing it isn't ios 6 friendly as of yet

Lockinfo 5 is working fine on my iPh5.I had issues trying the updated beta version.Just make sure you are using the Lockinfo 5 package from the ModMyi source in Cydia.
    The beta version comes from the creator's own repo,which you would have to add yourself.
    You could also try remove Lockinfo and re-install,this has helped a few people.The only other root of your issues could be conflicts with other tweaks,you might have installed.So your options there would be wait for updates to your installed packages or try solve the issue by process of elimination.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭Simply Red

david75 wrote: »
    I got a bit tweak happy and now I can only move and delete apps while in itunes. Anyone know what this might be?
    Did you install springtomize by any chance? There's options in that to disable moving and deleting apps

Simply Red wrote: »
    Did you install springtomize by any chance? There's options in that to disable moving and deleting apps

ill check that out thanks. dont think i installed springtomize but i do have winterboard. ill check now

it's not springtomize. head scratcher...

also seem to get booted into safe mode every time i get a txt..no idea what it is thats doing that

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭JayC5

JayC5 wrote: »
    Hey,

FYI

Downloaded updates in Cydia this morning and the safe mode issue seems to have stopped....! The update was for iCleaner if I remember correctly... maybe that might be of help to others out there with post-jailbreak issues :pac:

Now my switcher has disappeared...jailbreak hell....gonna have to wipe and restore i reckon.

Just read this on iClarified. Not sure if it affects us in Europe does it?

Apple Has Released iOS 6.1.1 for the iPhone 4S Only

Posted 7 hours ago by iClarified | Please help us and submit a translation by clicking here | 12444 views
    Apple today released iOS 6.1.1 for iPhone 4S users only. This follows reports that a bug in the iOS 6.1 firmware was affecting 3G performance for numerous customers.

Vodafone recently told customers "We’re aware of an issue caused by Apple iPhone 4s handsets that have been upgraded to iOS 6.1 which impacts performance on 3G." The carrier also recommended "that anyone who has not yet installed iOS 6.1 on their iPhone 4s should delay doing so until Apple has confirmed that their problem has been fixed."

According to the release notes, "This update fixes an issue that could impact cellular performance and reliability for iPhone 4S."

You can get the update from Software Update on your device or download the ipsw directly from here.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,408 ✭✭✭naasrd

david75 wrote: »
    ill check that out thanks. dont think i installed springtomize but i do have winterboard. ill check now

Have you Auxo installed? There's a memory leak that's causing all sorts of problems. Update due any day.

• Advertisement

Message+ was working fine for me. I have auxo and if I had music playing and we t to the multitasking tray to change a song it would always go to safe mode. Happened a few other random time as well

Still happening? See my post above.

naasrd wrote: »

Still happening? See my post above.
    No haven't had a reboot since I uninstalled intelliscreen

No haven't had a reboot since I uninstalled intelliscreen

I deleted Auxo and all's been good.

PS Just seen there's another libstatusbar update this morning
    that's crashing iphones.

I think I'm gonna restore and be done with jb. Since doing it my 4 has slowed down an awful lot and lots of apps are crashing. If I open safari or Facebook both are blank and unresponsive for upto 10 seconds. Major pain in the arse

I think I'm gonna restore and be done with jb. Since doing it my 4 has slowed down an awful lot and lots of apps are crashing. If I open safari or Facebook both are blank and unresponsive for upto 10 seconds. Major pain in the arse

Before you do, delete auxo and see if there's any change. Mine's been fine since. No issues at all with intelli x

I removed it a few hours ago and rebooted a few times since then and it's the same

naasrd wrote: »
    Have you Auxo installed? There's a memory leak that's causing all sorts of problems. Update due any day.

I do! and i think thats causing it all! thanks so much! i'm stil gonna have to do a restore but thanks a million!

hope they fix auxo, it's a beauty.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,734 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

I have an iPhone 4S whats the easiest way to unlock it from Voda Uk to use on Voda Ireland? I have seen some sites that claim legit unlocks inside a week or so, I note there is no unlock on 5.1.1, is there likely to be one in the foreseeable?

Thanks,

Inq

• Registered Users Posts: 3,099 ✭✭✭whitelightrider

Hi folks,

I just jailbroke my iphone 4 and am hoping to do my iphone 5 this weekend.
    Can anyone recommend some good tweaks or jailbreak apps?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,428 ✭✭✭wolfyboy555

just jailbroke ip5 but having problems with my new (rte, bbc, sky sports) apps....it keeps saying there is no interent connection even though i have wifi! any ideas?

Advertisement