Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FAQ: Unlocking, Jailbreak, Cydia, etc - All discussion goes here

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,492 ✭✭✭✭guil

No the 3GS definitely can't be unlocked with ultrasn0w. It has a new NOR chIp and if you try to downgrade the baseband you will most probably brick it. A gevey sim might work though depending on the baseband. Have a look in settings<general>about and look for modem version

Gunni09 wrote: »
    I bought a iphone 4 off ebay , turns out its locked to vodaphone uk and is update to the latest baseband, does anyone know is there a site that is trustworthy and cheap that unlock s phone s either by factory or imei, or if there is a place in limerick that does it
    Unlockguru.co.uk can do it

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭AidanBoland

guil wrote: »
    No the 3GS definitely can't be unlocked with ultrasn0w. It has a new NOR chIp and if you try to downgrade the baseband you will most probably brick it. A gevey sim might work though depending on the baseband. Have a look in settings<general>about and look for modem version

I checked it and its on 05.16.05 do you know if the gevey sim would work with that? I definitely dont want to risk wrecking the phone

Sorry I'm not sure if there is a gevey available for the 3GS anymore since all the software unlocks

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭danoboy254

Hi all,

Bought a second hand iPhone 4s on iOS 5.1.1, Jailbroken with Gevey Sim.

Thing is I don't know how to use the gevey sim or I think it's clashing with some jailbreak app called SAMprefs for unlocking the phone.
    I don't know if either is currently working, all i know is my o2 irl sim wont work.

If I place the o2 irl sim in on its own it seems to be almost getting there, I can check my credit balance but nothing else.
    It was originally on o2 uk

Any steps to follow?
    Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭danoboy254

Hi all,

Bought a second hand iPhone 4s on iOS 5.1.1, Jailbroken with Gevey Sim.

Thing is I don't know how to use the gevey sim or I think it's clashing with some jailbreak app called SAMprefs for unlocking the phone.
    I don't know if either is currently working, all i know is my o2 irl sim wont work.

If I place the o2 irl sim in on its own it seems to be almost getting there, I can check my credit balance but nothing else.
    It was originally on o2 uk

Any steps to follow?
    Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 539 ✭✭✭iDann

Is it possible to unlock a jail broken iPhone 4 8gb from O2 for free?

thanks.

No Because the baseband isn't 01.59.00

• Registered Users Posts: 824 ✭✭✭pbarr

I installed the facebook app update on my Jailbroken Ipad 2. It installed fine but my wife hates it as it put on the new timeline which she didn't have before.
    I was looking here http://www.ijailbreak.com/applications/how-to-downgrade-ios-facebook-app-3-5-to-a-lower-version/
    but I can't get anywhere with it. Does anyone know how I can get back an old version of fb.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,102 ✭✭✭Stinicker

pbarr wrote: »
    I installed the facebook app update on my Jailbroken Ipad 2. It installed fine but my wife hates it as it put on the new timeline which she didn't have before.
    I was looking here http://www.ijailbreak.com/applications/how-to-downgrade-ios-facebook-app-3-5-to-a-lower-version/
    but I can't get anywhere with it. Does anyone know how I can get back an old version of fb.

Once your facebook goes to timeline there is no going back, most FB pages are on timeline by now so it is most likely just co-incidence that your wifes FB went to timeline around the same time as you installed the app.

• Advertisement

Oh I know that Stinicker but she has had the timeline for a long time when she logged in on a pc but as soon as she went on the Ipad she noticed it straight away. I had updated my iphone earlier and there was really no difference probably because of the smaller screen.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

if your ipads jailbroken you can get the older versions of the facebook app from installous but the new version is 10 times faster although still buggy as hell

if your ipads jailbroken you can get the older versions of the facebook app from installous but the new version is 10 times faster although still buggy as hell

Thanks Cathal, I have the new version on myiphone and am happy with it. I got it sorted with the ipad, I eventually found version 4 on the piratebay and installed it with i-Funbox so wife is happy again lol.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 393 ✭✭kingofslaves

OK here's a strange one, I had a iPhone 4 on O2, I ended my contract and asked for the unlock code. Got the email to conenct to iTunes an dit would be unlocked. When I conencted it up it didn't show. Now my account is dead and I've tried using SAM to unlock it but seems to be bit hit n miss. I had it tethered to my laptop last night and it kept rebooting. Eventually it went back to being set like a new phone unactivated. So went into town and used a free wifi network to activate dit liek a new phone and all my apps were still there and it was still jailbroken. I'm on iOS 5.1.1 baseband 04.12.01 and using SAM. Is there a way to unlock it more reliably ? But fairly cheaply ? I've seen geavey sims for sale but the say it's for basebands up to 4.10.1

Remove Sam. It won't work unless you used at time of release. Sometimes you get a message in iTunes confirming the unlock sometimes not. Try syncing with a different network sim installed and if it doesn't work restore the phone and the message will appear

• Registered Users Posts: 2,408 ✭✭✭naasrd

OK here's a strange one, I had a iPhone 4 on O2, I ended my contract and asked for the unlock code. Got the email to conenct to iTunes an dit would be unlocked. When I conencted it up it didn't show. Now my account is dead and I've tried using SAM to unlock it but seems to be bit hit n miss. I had it tethered to my laptop last night and it kept rebooting. Eventually it went back to being set like a new phone unactivated. So went into town and used a free wifi network to activate dit liek a new phone and all my apps were still there and it was still jailbroken. I'm on iOS 5.1.1 baseband 04.12.01 and using SAM. Is there a way to unlock it more reliably ? But fairly cheaply ? I've seen geavey sims for sale but the say it's for basebands up to 4.10.1

Did you connect it to itunes with a different sim card; 3, VF etc? That's how you complete the official unlock.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

I want to jailbreak my 4s 5.1 (9b179) but iclarified says there is no jailbreak available , yet there is a jailbreak available for a later firmware 5.1.1 ???

Is it just a case of updating to 5.1.1 via iTunes first ?

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Yeah I jailbroke recently on 5.1.1 pretty effortlessly. Update to 5.1.1 unless you have reason not to, like phone is unocked via jailbreak or similar.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,449 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Hi all,
    Im trying to update my iPhone 3G from 3.0 on baseband 04.26.08. Ive been told that 3.1.3 is the best for the 3G? If so, how can I upgrade to 3.1.3 without losing my jailbreak?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,590 ✭✭✭Del007

Can anyone help me out here?

I've a iphone 3gs that has been jailbroken and unlocked.

With snowbreeze I've update to version 5.1.1 (9B206) and the Modem firmware is 06.15.00

I now have no service on my phone.

Appreciate any help here

• Advertisement

Del007 wrote: »
    Can anyone help me out here?

I've a iphone 3gs that has been jailbroken and unlocked.

With snowbreeze I've update to version 5.1.1 (9B206) and the Modem firmware is 06.15.00

I now have no service on my phone.

Appreciate any help here

Got it sorted!

Can you clarify how it got sorted in case someone else has the same question later?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

He didnt add the Ultrasnow source thingy via cydia after it was jailbroken, I PMd him and he got it sorted

IPAM wrote: »
    He didnt add the Ultrasnow source thingy via cydia after it was jailbroken, I PMd him and he got it sorted

Ya that was it. I didn't add the Ultrasnow source to cydia

Cheers to IPAM for helping me out

Sound

• Site Banned Posts: 236 ✭✭vader65

If I upgrade my device to the latest firmware will I lose my jailbreak?

Does anyone know any information about a gevey sim unlock? I have heard that if I buy an iphone on a different network then i can unlock it using this method? is there many complications by doing it or just a case of plug and play?

Yes updating an iPhone will remove the jailbreak and a gevey sim is only compatible with certain iPhones on certain basebands

Yes updating an iPhone will remove the jailbreak and a gevey sim is only compatible with certain iPhones on certain basebands

how do i find out the baseband of my phone?

• Advertisement

vader65 wrote: »

how do i find out the baseband of my phone?
    Settings general about and look for modem version

Advertisement