Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FAQ: Unlocking, Jailbreak, Cydia, etc - All discussion goes here

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭blahfckingblah

but1er wrote: »
    my baseband is only 2,0,12
    mines 4.11.08 :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

mines 4.11.08 :D

wanna fight to the death about it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭blahfckingblah

so does anybody know? baseband 4.11.08 ios 5.01

• Registered Users Posts: 10,491 ✭✭✭✭guil

so does anybody know? baseband 4.11.08 ios 5.01
    Can't be unlocked

• Closed Accounts Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Mr Whirly

Hey folks,

hope someone can help me. I'm trying to jailbreak an Apple tv2 on ios 5.1.1

All goes well until the restore process at the end when it tells me my device is not compatible with the build or something. Any ideas?

Cheers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭massy086

Mr Whirly wrote: »
    Hey folks,

hope someone can help me. I'm trying to jailbreak an Apple tv2 on ios 5.1.1

All goes well until the restore process at the end when it tells me my device is not compatible with the build or something. Any ideas?

Cheers
    are you sure its atv2 if it is i would say its a dfu problem

• Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭Darksaga87

Can 5.1.1 be unlocked with ultrasnow?

Darksaga87 wrote: »
    Can 5.1.1 be unlocked with ultrasnow?

what model iphone have u got???

massy086 wrote: »
    what model iphone have u got???

3Gs, on the 06.15 BB. It is unlocked, I installed ultrasnow, but the phone keeps saying no signal, the odd time it would get a bar, and the 3 logo would appear, but it would be gone in seconds.

ye sounds like the baseband is corrupt re jailbreak it and re-install ultrasnow

• Advertisement

ive downgraded from 06.15, still the same issue. Think downgrading the ios might work?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Mr Whirly

massy086 wrote: »
    are you sure its atv2 if it is i would say its a dfu problem

I got it sorted, thanks.

Does anyone know how to find the liveonlinefooty plugin in xbmc for atv2? It shows up automatically on my mac but isn't showing on the atv2 or when I search for it.

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 936 ✭✭✭leggit

Moving to Canada in a few weeks and want to bring my Vodafone iPhone 4s with me, anybody know what the going rate is to get it unlocked on Moore Street or somewhere else?

Got quoted €70 by a place (fun max) in Nutgrove Shopping centre today, best price so far is €100 (get €50 back after posting youtube video) on this website. Seems legit and lots of positive reviews.

Prefer to get it done in a bricks and mortor shop though, prefereably city centre or south dublin.

Any ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,496 ✭✭✭mcw92

leggit wrote: »
    Moving to Canada in a few weeks and want to bring my Vodafone iPhone 4s with me, anybody know what the going rate is to get it unlocked on Moore Street or somewhere else?

Got quoted €70 by a place (fun max) in Nutgrove Shopping centre today, best price so far is €100 (get €50 back after posting youtube video) on this website. Seems legit and lots of positive reviews.

Prefer to get it done in a bricks and mortor shop though, prefereably city centre or south dublin.

Any ideas?

What network is it locked to atm?

• Registered Users Posts: 936 ✭✭✭leggit

mcw92 wrote: »
    What network is it locked to atm?

Vodafone

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭frank gallagher

*** SKY GO ON JAILBROKEN IDEVICE ***

sorry for the bold underlined text, but my last post went unnoticed,
    does anyone have a fix for this (not xcon, as it brought my ipad to a standstill)

Regards Frank

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭muff03

Any ideas?

Would you not just jailbreak and then unlock it yourself, costs nothing. That's what I did with herselfs when we moved to the states.
    Or should I have read back a few pages?

muff03 wrote: »

Any ideas?

Would you not just jailbreak and then unlock it yourself, costs nothing. That's what I did with herselfs when we moved to the states.
    Or should I have read back a few pages?
    iPhone 4s isn't software unlock able and might never be. only the very first iPhone 4 baseband was unlocked

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭muff03

guil wrote: »
    iPhone 4s isn't software unlock able and might never be. only the very first iPhone 4 baseband was unlocked

Good to know!

• Registered Users, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,515 Mod ✭✭✭✭sharkman

*** SKY GO ON JAILBROKEN IDEVICE ***

sorry for the bold underlined text, but my last post went unnoticed,
    does anyone have a fix for this (not xcon, as it brought my ipad to a standstill)

Regards Frank

Perhaps you should have used the search function on the forum .;)

Anyway , Here you go !

Remove sky go from your jb Iphone. Respring

Add http://n00neimp0rtant.dyndns.org/repo/ as a source, to your Cydia sources and refresh.

Search the new source for 'old sky go' and install.

Go to installous, downloads and install 'skygo.ipa'

Fire up Sky go and grathu you are good to Go

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 824 ✭✭✭pbarr

sharkman wrote: »
    Go to installous, downloads and install 'skygo.ipa'

Sky go doesn't seem to be on installous.......presume there's no point installing the one from the app store.

• Registered Users, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,515 Mod ✭✭✭✭sharkman

pbarr wrote: »
    Sky go doesn't seem to be on installous.......presume there's no point installing the one from the app store.

You need to add http://n00neimp0rtant.dyndns.org/repo/ as a source on CYDIA, and refresh.

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭14murphy

I know I should search but is it possible to get skygo through cydia and have it working without being a sky customer ?

• Registered Users Posts: 824 ✭✭✭pbarr

sharkman wrote: »
    You need to add http://n00neimp0rtant.dyndns.org/repo/ as a source on CYDIA, and refresh.

Ya I did that but when I searched installous there was no sign of it.

I've searched a few times for sky and skygo. It's not there

Just looked in installous again. After downloading the package in cydia it automatically gets added to the downloaded list in downloads and you install it from there

• Registered Users Posts: 20 grathu

Hi Guil,
    you may notice that xCon has been added to the Cydia packages on you device. I found this updated version of xCon to interfere with the opening of many apps. xCon 37 beta 2 (i think) worked perfect but beta 7 is causing many problems. I had to uninstall it and just go without Sky-go, for the time being.
    I'm using a jb iPhone 4.
    :) Grathu:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭freeze4real

guys is Eirtext still on instalous, it not working for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Gunni09

I bought a iphone 4 off ebay , turns out its locked to vodaphone uk and is update to the latest baseband, does anyone know is there a site that is trustworthy and cheap that unlock s phone s either by factory or imei, or if there is a place in limerick that does it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭AidanBoland

Does anyone know if there is an network unlock available yet for an iPhone 3gs that has been manufactured in early 2012?
    I looked into it a few months ago and there wasn't one available then but maybe someone has figured it out

Advertisement