Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post pics of your watches ***Please NO QUOTING PHOTOS***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,633 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Thanks to 893bet for putting me in touch with FG for this one.
    Fitz is as everyone here already knows ;) is an A1 seller and sound guy just going to reiterate it here as it's my 1st purchase from him ;)

I'm a sucker for a GMT complication but despite that this is my 1st Steinhart GMT.
    Everyone already knows the score, they're clearly a gateway watch :pac:

Couple of photos attached including the 1st proper macro shot taken by my new phone.

IMG-20200908-102622-compress51.jpg IMG-20200908-102542-compress16.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 19,933 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

banie01 wrote: »
    Thanks to 893bet for putting me in touch with FG for this one.
    Fitz is as everyone here already knows ;) is an A1 seller and sound guy just going to reiterate it here as it's my 1st purchase from him ;)

I'm a sucker for a GMT complication but despite that this is my 1st Steinhart GMT.
    Everyone already knows the score, they're clearly a gateway watch :pac:

Couple of photos attached including the 1st proper macro shot taken by my new phone.

that looks great congrats

whats the story with fitz lads, is he gone for good, or just taking a break :o

• Registered Users Posts: 8,856 ✭✭✭893bet

Back very soon......there will be a welcome party and prob a big announcement on the home page.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭sparrowcar

Fixed that for you...

"Everyone already knows the score, they're clearly a gateway to more Steinharts"

Well wear, I love mine. Also amazing what a Barton band can do to change it up ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Blanchy90

Pablo_Flox wrote: »
    Does anyone have any experience with NTH watches? What is the general opinion on them? I have never seen one in the wild and wondering what they are like.

I've no personal experience with them but I've been following the company since they were originally set up as Lew and Huey. The reviews look good and they seem to make really good pieces

Chris Vail the owner is a sound guy and is active on multiple fb groups and forums. I spoke to him a few times over email in the early days and he was always very helpful

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 65,194 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

casiooak
    redlead wrote: »
    casioak

Is it just me or does anyone else's head go spinning too from all these watch nicknames? :o:p

unkel wrote: »
    Is it just me or does anyone else's head go spinning too from all these nicknames? :o:p

With Rollie's in particular!
    Altho my 1st sight of "Cermit" was this morning at your hand ;)

I've decided to pronounce it "Kermit" rather than "Sirmet" to make it even more confusing :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭Pablo_Flox

Blanchy90 wrote: »
    I've no personal experience with them but I've been following the company since they were originally set up as Lew and Huey. The reviews look good and they seem to make really good pieces

Chris Vail the owner is a sound guy and is active on multiple fb groups and forums. I spoke to him a few times over email in the early days and he was always very helpful

Thanks, have been looking at a few of their watches and like some of them. In particular this one that should be coming out next month...

F39DbJQl.png

Ideally I would like to see one in hand, but I don't think that will be possible.

banie01 wrote: »
    With Rollie's in particular!
    Altho my 1st sight of "Cermit" was this morning at your hand ;)

Ah yeah I'm well suckered in at this stage :o:p

• Registered Users Posts: 626 ✭✭✭fulladapipes

I've never really dipped my toe into the vintage market, but saw this from my birth year, and thought why not. It was serviced by the seller just before I got it. There's a brand new version of this recently launched, but I preferred this vintage model, despite being a bit torn, battered, and stained. A bit like myself.

£80. Timex Marlin. Hand-wound. 35mm.

erd51k6.jpg

sQv164O.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,433 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

I've never really dipped my toe into the vintage market, but saw this from my birth year, and thought why not. It was serviced by the seller just before I got it. There's a brand new version of this recently launched, but I preferred this vintage model, despite being a bit torn, battered, and stained. A bit like myself.

Does the seller service watches? I've a 1960s Walco that could do with a service.

• Registered Users Posts: 626 ✭✭✭fulladapipes

I'm really not sure. I got the feeling he only services the watches he's selling, but I could be wrong.

Find him at vinswatchhouse on the 'bay. He was a great guy to buy from.

Does the seller service watches? I've a 1960s Walco that could do with a service.

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Blanchy90

Shark mesh strap added :) I think it really goes with the theme ha. I've ordered a navy leather strap from Etsy so I'd say it'll be a while before that shows up.
    525745.jpg

I got a decent pic of the hidden shark fin on the dial too

525746.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,684 ✭✭✭david

New to me - I've been wanting a white face dressier watch/Stowa/manual winder for the longest time. Loving this - so accurate and a pleasure to wind every day. Only took it off for a few hours for a sea swim since I got it 10 days ago. Stuck a brown velour Nomos strap on it with Stowa clasp.

Thanks 893Bet for passing on a fantastic deal (and micks_address!)

525763.JPG
    525764.JPG
    525765.JPG

It’s lovely “buttery” watch to wind.

Needed a little blue in my day and can’t wear my AT incase I change my mind, not even looking at it Incase I change my mind....!

Not a bad bit of blue to fall back on.

4-E521198-5-C7-B-472-E-B1-F1-C0-C218-F556-B5.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,715 ✭✭✭Lorddrakul

@893bet That is a very beautiful watch.

That deserves regular wrist time.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,433 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

My first Seiko.

525811.jpg

Oh, the slippery slope...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭TheRepentent

Lorddrakul wrote: »

It is a lovely watch but I'm not going to google it cos the price will make me cry :)

Wanna support genocide?Cheer on the murder of women and children?The Ruzzians aren't rapey enough for you? Morally bankrupt cockroaches and islamaphobes , Israel needs your help NOW!!

http://tinyurl.com/2ksb4ejk

https://www.btselem.org/

My first Seiko.
    Oh, the slippery slope...

Oh, indeed!

You're in phase 1 now.

bannermeme.jpg?ext=.jpg

• Advertisement

Lorddrakul wrote: »

And it is getting it. Watch box getting pretty empty.

It is a lovely watch but I'm not going to google it cos the price will make me cry :)

It’s all relative I guess. I was willing to take 4.5 when I had it for sale a few months back. Turned down 5 Last week. It stays.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,715 ✭✭✭Lorddrakul

Eh, I think I'm on a different curve. Is there one where you swear off ever buying a Rolex?

unkel wrote: »
    Oh, indeed!

You're in phase 1 now.

bannermeme.jpg?ext=.jpg

Oh shít!!!
    Is it possible to take 2 steps forward/3 Back then 1 forward again all whilst being a persistent 6? ;)

I've certainly had diva moments like...
    No matter how much I'd like to claim otherwise :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,260 ✭✭✭saccades

I've been stuck at stage 1 for years.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,119 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

I'm kinda at number 9, with 5 through 8 a constant. :o:D 10 is never gonna happen.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

saccades wrote: »

I've owned only 1 Seiko, and that was a quartz.
    Have a few watches with Seiko movements tho, and they are bullet proof.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,279 ✭✭✭Homer

saccades wrote: »

Nothing wrong with that! Ive gotten more compliments on my Save the Ocean Turtle and Steinhart Legacy diver than on most of my other watches that cost 10 times the price! Im slowly regressing back on the stages!

I'm a solid 8.5

SQ8qahq.jpg

I do love this watch I'm wearing today in a way I can't quite adequately express, however.

It was my grandfather's, gifted to him by his colleagues on retirement.

It (Certina Waterking 210) has the Certina Cal. 25-651 movement and was made in 1969 (going by the serial number), 9 years before I was born. The Certina 25-651 gets a lot of kudos and deservedly so. Completely in house, 28 Jewels, 19,800 bph - pretty outrageous spec for the time, and perhaps even now.

I love the old school stretch bracelet (rare to have an original bracelet in this condition), the hexalite crystal (scratched and all), the lines of the case, the dial, hands & indices, everything about it, except that you can't quick-set the date and the tiny crown is an absolute pain to use, when you have let the movement wind down and the date is a good bit out, like today. I don't think it wears small at all - 33mm.

Never been opened or serviced. Keeps perfect time on the wrist. Does not lose or gain a second over a week.

Dad got it from my grandfather, who died when I was very young, and it went to me when my dad died a few years ago.

Here's to the two of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭hitemfrank

I can't get on board with 4. Not all of them.

Maybe a single one. Maybe soon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭Cmar-Ireland

This arrived this morning...

Y8ssUG3h.jpg

GBX100

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement