Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post pics of your watches ***Please NO QUOTING PHOTOS***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

After inspecting my purchase from aliexpress, I've noticed what looks like a defect or crack in one of the wheels, the terminolgy is beyond me. It's tricky to get a snap with me shakily holding a loop in one hand and my phone in the other so it's not that clear but maybe some of you lads could take a look and advise. It's the top centre wheel in this photo.

Now my question would be, should I send this back, leave it as is and possbley get that part replaced here if needed, if so how much would I be looking at bearing in mind this cost me €135.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭Cyclingtourist

dudeeile wrote: »
    After inspecting my purchase from aliexpress, I've noticed what looks like a defect or crack in one of the wheels, the terminolgy is beyond me. It's tricky to get a snap with me shakily holding a loop in one hand and my phone in the other so it's not that clear but maybe some of you lads could take a look and advise. It's the top centre wheel in this photo.

Now my question would be, should I send this back, leave it as is and possbley get that part replaced here if needed, if so how much would I be looking at bearing in mind this cost me €135.

If you're sure it's not just a scratch then I'd send it back if you are within the returns period. If you are within the warranty period then I'd contact the seller and ask what they propose to do about it.
    Hope things work out either way.

Here's a pic of mine in the Phoenix Park this evening.

A Seagull with stags.

521158.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,461 ✭✭✭micks_address

Stowa fleiger automatic from the demo sale they had last month. Looks pretty much brand new.

Interesting packaging. Not the usual silver metal case. Wears beautifully on the wrist. Dial is so legible. Love the strap combination

IMG-20200727-102021.jpg
    IMG-20200727-101851.jpg
    IMG-20200727-101732.jpg
    IMG-20200727-101836.jpg

00100lr-PORTRAIT-00100-BURST20200727102108533-COVER.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,374 ✭✭✭Ryath

Stowa fleiger automatic from the demo sale they had last month. Looks pretty much brand new.

I'm still sickened I missed that sale it's rare I wouldn't have been online to see the notification but I was flat out painting that day.

Well wear, it's a lovely piece the B uhr version is my grail watch.

Well if i do ever sell ill pass on for what i paid for it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Keyzer

banie01 wrote: »
    @time, well wear on the GMTII, a classic piece.

Got my Bund V3 back today after its crown/stem replacement.

Nowhere near the same league as a Rollie of course but it's capped off what has been nice week for me, with some horological loveliness.

The sapphire caseback has almost left me debating whether to wear it backwards or not ;)
    SNIP

Nice - where did you get the strap btw? Looking for something like that in black...

• Registered Users Posts: 16,481 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Keyzer wrote: »
    Nice - where did you get the strap btw? Looking for something like that in black...

Picked it up on eBay. Far better quality than the price suggests tbh and a range of sizes and colours.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/183714504497

• Registered Users Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Keyzer

banie01 wrote: »
    Picked it up on eBay. Far better quality than the price suggests tbh and a range of sizes and colours.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/183714504497

Nice, thanks for the link...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭njburke

So I laid off the affordables for a while and this arrived this morning.
    A Doxa Sub 300T Professional. In Doxas world, professional means orange.It is a 50th anniversary reissue of a 1969 Conquistador. It's not a one to one re-issue, nor a limited edition. This is from the first 2019 batch that sold out, the new batch apparently has the Helium escape valve that the '69 had. That's Doxa for you, Doxa was first to market with a HEV in some collaboration with Rolex AFAIK.

It's got most of what I like in watch, tonneau case, painted dial, tool watch, nice bracelet and of course that funky 70s vibe. I've looked at these for years, since Doxa restarted in 2002 after the quartz crisis. I dive and i'ld consider this an honest dive watch.

521300.jpg

Got my speedmaster back today from Chris at watchfix

00100lr-PORTRAIT-00100-BURST20200728201224557-COVER.jpg

Needed new crystal and new minute recorder.

Old crytsal

00100lr-PORTRAIT-00100-BURST20200728200742172-COVER.jpg

Was cracked when I bought the watch. I thought it was just a scratch. Don't think the seller or myself realised.

Screenshot-20200728-201759.png

Also if you look at the minute recorder hand it's not right. I sourced original parts from eBay and Chris fitted..he said crystal very tight on all speedmasters so pain to fit.

Delighted to have the watch back. I think it's a good sign that I had serious separation anxiety while it was away!

Cheers,
    Mick

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭hitemfrank

I've been giving the SNKP23 a few days on wrist and I don't know why I don't wear it more.

IMG-20200729-095455.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 64,795 ✭✭✭✭unkel

That is one funky retro looking watch :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭eljono

Love that Seiko hitemfrank, very striking looking. The orange second hand against the blue dial is lovely.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 21,238 CMod ✭✭✭✭Eoin

Impulse purchase - quartz (but with a sweeping second hand), and internally rotating bezel. Even after taking off a chunky 44mm watch to put it on, it feels quite big - think I'd prefer it if it were a couple mm smaller.

50166488647_fea7e06535_z.jpg

I also put a rubber strap on my PAM, but think I will go back to a leather one.

50166545442_0b93d68a00_z.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 64,795 ✭✭✭✭unkel

Nice Panerai! They do traditionally look well on the leather though. Even though rubber would make more practical sense on a watch meant to be made for the sea like the Panerais. Hard to beat leather though for that feeling of comfort and luxury (and smell). Wearing my white dial Spinnaker diver right now on my more than well worn Hirsch leather strap that got wrecked from . . . being in the water too much :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 21,238 CMod ✭✭✭✭Eoin

I got a couple of straps from Martu for the PAM a while ago (one leather, and one denim for something a bit different), and they're so much more comfortable, so I think one of them will be going on again pretty quickly. Needless to say, I don't actually dive, so the practicalities are not an issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,226 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

That accutron is quality.

I have that accutron ii in navy on a coffin link bracelet, the 16hz step rate on the sweep hand is cool, quite accurate too.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭longshotvalue

Id love one of those sweeping hands bulova, where did you get that?

Shipped from the states , eBay most likely.
    200 euros I think. Battery life might be shorter than on a typical 32khz quartz.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭somebody_else

And now something a bit different:

521452.jpeg

Forgot to add how it was looking couple months ago:
    521571.jpg

Tom

• Registered Users Posts: 2,603 ✭✭✭scwazrh

Managed to find a good condition speedie at an acceptable price .
    Happy out now ,for a whilevrawOAQ.jpg

Ah deadly. Congratulations. Any details on year etc?

I'm seriously enamored with mine.

aidankkk wrote: »
    Id love one of those sweeping hands bulova, where did you get that?

I got it on TZ UK. If you're about the south Dublin area, you're welcome to try it on.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭eljono

scwazrh wrote: »
    Managed to find a good condition speedie at an acceptable price .
    Happy out now, for a while

No matter how many times I see a Speedie, they're still a striking watch, a design classic. They really nailed the design, everything is so well balanced. Congrats on your new purchase!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭Lorddrakul

eljono wrote: »
    No matter how many times I see a Speedie, they're still a striking watch, a design classic. They really nailed the design, everything is so we'll balanced. Well wear on your new purchase!

A Moon Watch is my grail piece, well wear to @scwazrh

However, lately, I've been developing a proper grá for the Mark II, developed as it was, from the experience of the original in space applications.

It would also qualify as a birth year watch for me.

There is even reason to believe they were used, privately, on Skylab missions.

IMG_6830low.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭Cyclingtourist

This is my 'bike watch', Casio MRW-200H-1BVEF. Very easy to read resin case watch that normally sells for less than €20. I don't have to worry about damaging it if I have a fall.

521546.jpg

On the cycle path in Clontarf today.

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭somebody_else

This is my 'bike watch', Casio MRW-200H-1BVEF. Very easy to read resin case watch that normally sells for less than €20. I don't have to worry about damaging it if I have a fall.

On the cycle path in Clontarf today.

Got two of them !
    521572.jpg521573.jpg

Both a bit modded.

Tom

• Registered Users Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

A valuable member of the family

93yubKOm.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭longshotvalue

Some value at under €500 in the sale. Apparently display model, not a mark on it.

521633.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement