Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post pics of your watches ***Please NO QUOTING PHOTOS***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Keyzer

That Rolex is delicious, just delicious...

Well wear and enjoy Time...

• Registered Users Posts: 19,779 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

unkel wrote: »
    The blue dial on the DJ is just stunning. Pity Rolex don't do any watches that I like, with that colour dial

im guessing you like this unkel :p

126719.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 26,558 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Cyrus wrote: »

Pic of GMT Master-II WG

this is the watch that made me fall in love with the GMT Master-II, the price tag made me fall in love with the jubilee version :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 65,003 ✭✭✭✭unkel

No, I don't like any of the GMT Master-II

• Registered Users Posts: 16,549 ✭✭✭✭banie01

@time, well wear on the GMTII, a classic piece.

Got my Bund V3 back today after its crown/stem replacement.

Nowhere near the same league as a Rollie of course but it's capped off what has been nice week for me, with some horological loveliness.

The sapphire caseback has almost left me debating whether to wear it backwards or not ;)
    IMG-20200724-110358.jpg
    IMG-20200724-110732.jpg
    IMG-20200724-110805.jpg
    IMG-20200724-111508.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,099 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Nice one B. :) Didn't realise it was also a column wheel chronograph. Sweet.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,549 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Wibbs wrote: »

Yeah, it's the same movement as the 1963 chronos AFAIK.
    It is mesmerising to look at :pac:

No, I don't like any of the GMT Master-II

jaysus you are a fussy bugger :P

You are not wrong. I am not fussy about 95% of things in life, I have pretty much no OCD to speak off. But I can be very fussy when it comes to some stuff, like the fit of a jacket :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭njburke

@time, lovely pair of classic rolexs, well wear.
    Today I'm going big or going home, a seiko 5 recraft, my biggest watch. I added the scratch on the hardlex.
    520964.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,705 ✭✭✭Lorddrakul

Wibbs wrote: »
    banie01 wrote: »
    Yeah, it's the same movement as the 1963 chronos AFAIK.
    It is mesmerising to look at :pac:

Indeed, that is much the same movement as is in the Alpha M1957 moon watch homage.

Lovely movement. Based on the Venus 175 column wheel chrono, but slightly ruggedised for use by the Chinese air force back in the the day.

Well worth a display back.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

After inspiration from Cyclingtourist, this arrived.

KejJLp1l.jpg
    pBGW4DGl.jpg

€135 from aliexpress, sapphire crystal. Ordered on the 11th July so that was super fast delivery.

Great bunch of lads put this lovely sticker on the box!

3GqyQwYl.jpg

Although, someone noticed something ****y...

BMWsPdvl.jpghttp:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭Cyclingtourist

dudeeile wrote: »
    After inspiration from Cyclingtourist, this arrived.

I'm wearing mine today. It's my favourite daily watch for now.

I inspired myself to look for another species of Seagull and found a HKED panda Seagull 1963 look-a-like on Aliexpress from a seller called 'CY Chronograph Watch Store'. In the photos it looks exactly like the HKED version and the specs are the same but price was about €100 less. It probably won't arrive for at least another couple of weeks and expect to have to pay duty. :-(
    Will post a pic when I get it.
    Also I'm tempted by a green dial version I've seen, so may end up with at least 3 versions.

dudeeile wrote: »

Although, someone noticed something ****y...

Don't worry about that. That sticker just means the goods came from outside of the EU

And customs should be paid if the value exceeds €22. But obviously the value as declared by the seller was below this threshold so no payment is due hence it arrived at your door without interception :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭Cyclingtourist

Tissot Ballade chronometer.

The most expensive watch in my collection but doesn't get a lot of wrist time because it's a bit too 'dressy' for my lifestyle.

521087.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

Have the left about 4 years, haven’t taken it off Since I bought it, bar going on holidays.

Bought the right last week from America to have something to wear on holidays! Have to say I’m pleasantly surprised, it’s a very nice watch. I know they’re not liked but it’s exactly what I wanted. Not bad for 68 dollars delivered!

SBBN015. It's on a silicone strap that comes stock with one of the older higher end Tunas. Very comfortable. Unfortunately dust/lint does get picked up in the folds. It's not as noticeable as in this pic. When I think of it, a rinse every couple of days in warm soapy water removes that kind of thing.

One of the greatest watch related regrets I have is, can you believe, losing the bracelet for this. Left behind after a holiday abroad a good few years ago. That said, I essentially wore it on bracelet for the novelty factor every now and then. However an OEM replacement would be essentially impossible/prohibitively expensive to replace. The bracelet on the replacement SBBN031/35 is nothing likes as nice. And I hate losing nice things. It was an incredibly solid, good bracelet, albeit on my wrist the watch did not wear particularly well on bracelet and the weight was very noticeable, which is why I bought the silicone strap for it.

Anyway, it's a fantastic watch. 7c46 quartz movement. It's basically my beater analog watch and it hardly has a mark on it. I'm not generally fussed about wear and tear, but I suppose I do like to look after my dressier watches a bit. This one, I have no issue with a ding/scratch to the case or bezel. The crystal seems to be invulnerable

Mine is about 8 years old and yet to change the battery (rated for 5 years). They discontinued this model and replaced with the SBBN031. Still a great watch but I do prefer the hands, dial and indices on mine. I really love the domed crystal, and happily they retained this on the upgrade.

06Nyohd.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 993 ✭✭✭Time

L-M wrote: »
    Have the left about 4 years, haven’t taken it off Since I bought it, bar going on holidays.

Bought the right last week from America to have something to wear on holidays! Have to say I’m pleasantly surprised, it’s a very nice watch. I know they’re not liked but it’s exactly what I wanted. Not bad for 68 dollars delivered!

That picture made me wonder what i sub would look like on a president bracelet. All i can say is i think i'm in love

bc9c03b7edbbfff3c2f7b6b94e5b5d41.jpg

ecoli3136 wrote: »
    SBBN015. It's on a silicone strap that comes stock with one of the older higher end Tunas. Very comfortable. Unfortunately dust/lint does get picked up in the folds. It's not as noticeable as in this pic. When I think of it, a rinse every couple of days in warm soapy water removes that kind of thing.

One of the greatest watch related regrets I have is, can you believe, losing the bracelet for this.

I have its brother the SBBN037. Had it on a blue Barton sailcloth the last few days, but just swapped back for the shark mesh I had on it before. It really looks and feels well and I'm no fan of bracelets in general. Try one!

OP looks tiny compared to the Invicta. Is it a 34?

No it’s a 38, the Invicta is a 43 I think.

• Advertisement

Time wrote: »
    That picture made me wonder what i sub would look like on a president bracelet. All i can say is i think i'm in love

bc9c03b7edbbfff3c2f7b6b94e5b5d41.jpg

I much prefer the Oyster, it’s the main reason I didn’t put a deposit down to wait for a GMT master “Batman” a year or so ago. And then they doubled in price second hand. I’ll bide my time, my day will come lol

• Registered Users Posts: 993 ✭✭✭Time

I much prefer the Oyster, it’s the main reason I didn’t put a deposit down to wait for a GMT master “Batman” a year or so ago. And then they doubled in price second hand. I’ll bide my time, my day will come lol

I must be the only person on here who just isn't that into the Oyster bracelet.

Yeah I think it’s just a lot less fussy. I think the others are a bit much.

But hey, that’s why different bracelets exist!

The Oyster bracelet is one of the very few bracelets I can just about tolerate :D

(not a fan of bracelets, if that wasn't already obvious)

I had a datejust 41 with the jubilee and it’s a lovely bracelet but on the gmt it looks off to me much prefer oyster

• Registered Users Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

I had a datejust 41 with the jubilee and it’s a lovely bracelet but on the gmt it looks off to me much prefer oyster

It's those big polished centre links I don't care for with the GMT. It looks great when they're brushed, otherwise it's too much bling for the style of watch.

22cc794a46542b6ae3b7ad4da3277ed7.jpg

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,630 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

[]

Am I the only one to scroll back up to double check if this was an Invicta?:confused:

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

Yeah I prefer not to post, some bad experiences in the past. Where are you based?

I'm gonna offer asking on this in the hope we can sort someting out, I'm kinda surprised it's commentless all this time, proof there is varying taste.

blue5000 wrote: »
    Am I the only one to scroll back up to double check if this was an Invicta?:confused:

It’s honestly a fantastic watch. I don’t have a watch screw driver at home so I haven’t actually worn it yet.

• Advertisement

It's those big polished centre links I don't care for with the GMT. It looks great when they're brushed, otherwise it's too much bling for the style of watch.
    SNIP

Fair enough I had a gmt2 ceramic once with the pcls brushed but left them alone on my current one

Imo the jubilee is far blingier than the oyster

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement