Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post pics of your watches ***Please NO QUOTING PHOTOS***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭redlead

Ok so fantasy collecting here. You have a rolex, you have a omega so what Diver...maybe keep the black theme going.

1, Panerai Pam111
    2. Submariner....but for some reason this feels like a 3 brand collection. Subs solid.
    3. Breiting Superocean.

Three icons there. Maybe add the original with the fifty fathoms? As a budget option I love the Rado Captain Cook too.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,237 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

TBH, a nice Seamaster or Pelagos would suffice.

Wouldn't be going mad now :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,538 ✭✭✭btkm8unsl0w5r4

Birneybau wrote: »
    TBH, a nice Seamaster or Pelagos would suffice.

Wouldn't be going mad now :pac:

Annotation-2020-05-23-184943.png

• Registered Users Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭C0N0R

Breitling Superocean Heritage would be my vote, mesh bracelet to keep the collection diverse!

There's a certain pattern there in Fitzgeme's post above...:D

• Advertisement

C0N0R wrote: »
    Breitling Superocean Heritage would be my vote, mesh bracelet to keep the collection diverse!

Doesnt work as well for me, I think its the way the sharkmesh joins to the case puts me off, and lack of crown guards. Still a good looking trio.

Annotation-2020-05-23-184943.png

For some reason I'm not gone on Breitlings at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,248 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Birneybau wrote: »
    For some reason I'm not gone on Breitlings at all.

Some brands are just like that, nothing grabs you. I'm the same with breitling. I prefer a clean dial. Super ocean mesh strap looks like a badly fitted after market bracelet to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,568 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Crown guards would be a must for me.
    Experience has led to me learning that unless the crown sits quite high, that I will invariably develop some kind of rash.

I have a superocean 2 and it wears really well on my wrist and scratches my Breitling itch.
    The heritage, I'd just be worried that the rash would turn me off an otherwise smashing watch.

I couldn't guess at a trio, my actual current trio is a superocean 2, a Sinn U2 SDR and a B&R 03-92 GMT.

The B&R actually has the problem I fear the Heritage might have.
    I love the watch, wearing it leaves the back of my wrist with rash from lack of said crown guards.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,110 ✭✭✭Thirdfox

Here's a pic of a watch of mine :D

YTOPG0hh.jpg

For those who notice the specks on the sapphire crystal - yeah it's magnified around 20x I guess from lifesize so those specks are micrometers in size probably - I did give the crystal a good clean and dust blow but there'll always be some minute dust on the crystal ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,811 ✭✭✭893bet

Kickstarter still expected in June?

When do you hope to take delivery of watches or does that depend on how long the Kickstarter takes?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,110 ✭✭✭Thirdfox

Sadly I think it will need to be pushed to August - seeing I'll only be sending out the watch to 2 of 6 reviewers on Monday - they'll need some time to produce their reviews and the two watches will be travelling around the globe too. The campaign will be launched before all the reviews are out though. I'm expecting the launch to occur in August and finish by the end of August.

Delivery would hopefully be in January 2021 (so after our Christmas rush and before Chinese New Year shuts down China in February).

Nomos today!

Beside my new (to me) toy (blue 5000 will appreciate).

81955-BD6-7-E84-4-BC0-B4-EE-59445-C847-F9-C.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,828 ✭✭✭fat bloke

Nice watch but, obvious Yoga "Nomos Day" joke fail. :)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,631 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

Not sure which to be more jealous of,:p this week it would be the mower, but you can use the Nomos all year round:confused: Enjoy them both.:cool:

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

What kinda pen do you use to write the notes on the back of your hand?

893bet wrote: »
    Nomos today!

Beside my new (to me) toy (blue 5000 will appreciate).

8ft or 10ft??

The only watch I feel comfortable wearing while working

514135.jpeg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,496 ✭✭✭micks_address

Even that I'd be worried about the screen...

Gshock all metal gets my vote for robustness

This thread is now a machinery and watches thread.

• Advertisement

8ft or 10ft??

Only 7! Tractor engine is a little “tired” so stuck with 7.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,496 ✭✭✭micks_address

Is it true what they say about the length of mans mower? :)

Is it true what they say about the length of mans mower? :)

It's not the length, it's the width (of the blades)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,684 ✭✭✭david

Some new bling to fuel my modding addiction this morning. Found this old SRP775 buried down the listings on Adverts from last year. Took a punt on it, pictures weren't great, looking sorry for herself on a poundshop bracelet. Gave her a good scrub and a cheap Khaki nato and she has a whole new lease of life. Literally not a scratch aside from an unfortunate scuff on the bezel. Full set (bar the OEM bracelet) Irish watch and still a years warranty left with Ernest Jones!

I'm tempted to leave it as-is, maybe a just flat sapphire with clear AR. It's a lot of watch for the money, loving the drilled lugs and 4R36 compared to the 7S26 in my SKX. My first Prospex, the build quality, fit, finish is a step above. Was apprehensive about the size of the case but to be honest it sits very snug on a 7" wrist.

514203.jpg
    514204.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭Cyclingtourist

If it were me I would just put a rubber strap on it.

Are you going to tell us how much you paid?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭hitemfrank

I was wearing this

IMG-20200525-101016.jpg

But then this showed up

IMG-20200525-100943.jpg

It definitely needs a new strap but that should be sorted this week or early next week.

Yeah I’ll see how it goes. My preference is rubber for divers alright but I already have black rubber on my SKX. Might throw it on an old Z22 I have but long term I couldn’t live with it, there’s more ‘give’ in a rich tea biscuit than those yokes. I hear the newer design Seiko rubbers are a lot nicer. If anyone has something to sell lying around shoot me a PM.

The ad was listed at €210 no offers. They accepted a low ball at €190 with collection as they were local.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭hitemfrank

If you're after a rubber strap, I can't recommend Barton Elite Silicone highly enough. Wonderfully comfortable, quick release spring bars and a lot of colour options available.

hitemfrank wrote: »
    If you're after a rubber strap, I can't recommend Barton Elite Silicone highly enough. Wonderfully comfortable, quick release spring bars and a lot of colour options available.
    I think I'll go a different direction with this one given my SKX is on a Crafter Blue. Thinking an OEM Oyster or Strapcode Super Engineer 2, just a shame Amazon UK aren't shipping Strapcode right now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭eljono

david wrote: »
    I think I'll go a different direction with this one given my SKX is on a Crafter Blue. Thinking an OEM Oyster or Strapcode Super Engineer 2, just a shame Amazon UK aren't shipping Strapcode right now.

I think that Nato suits it well, the colours are complimentary.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement