Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post pics of your watches ***Please NO QUOTING PHOTOS***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭eljono

That Zenith is very tasty!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,538 ✭✭✭btkm8unsl0w5r4

Cool Zenith, I like it a lot. What else you hiding from us?

• Registered Users Posts: 994 ✭✭✭Vestiapx

antodeco wrote: »
    snip

I don't know much about watches but that is ****ing lovley.

• Registered Users Posts: 994 ✭✭✭Vestiapx

Vestiapx wrote: »
    I don't know much about watches but that is ****ing lovley.

Oh sorry it's a no quoting thread, won't do it again.

Added this In-house movement Tudor Black Bay 2020

IMG-7072.jpg

IMG-7068.jpg

IMG-7033.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,869 ✭✭✭893bet

Great to see you moving away from Rolex......

893bet wrote: »

A side step :o Not selling any Rolex they are all keepers (at the moment). The Tudor is excellent quality and Value, a Champagne watch for Prosecco money. although I would not buy one new they loose money. I am very impressed with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,650 ✭✭✭✭banie01

A side step :o Not selling any Rolex they are all keepers (at the moment). The Tudor is excellent quality and Value, a Champagne watch for Prosecco money. although I would not buy one new they loose money. I am very impressed with it.

Would you believe the Harrods black bay has been playing on my mind for a while now, as close to a Kermit as I could realistically afford I think.

Well wear with it FG, it really is a lovely piece!

2shea wrote: »
    My favourite watch at the moment, my grab and go piece.
    SNIP
    That's a stunning piece, what's the reference number ? Is that the "Ray Mears" model ?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,840 ✭✭✭fat bloke

At first reading I thought you'd added to your for sale catalogue, as opposed to your collection.
    Is she a keeper or an amusement? :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,684 ✭✭✭david

My Orient Bambino Version 4, grey dial with rose gold accents. Got it for free without box/papers and a broken strap. My first auto, the gateway drug.

Not seeing much wrist time lately being off from work, gave the old workhorse a wind today. It may be scratched to **** from a hard life and worth next to nothing but I love it all the same, especially the massive dome.

513259.jpg

513261.jpg

fat bloke wrote: »
    Is she a keeper or an amusement? :)

The latter fat bloke, likely for a trade or sale, just a bit of fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭Rootsblower

If you are ever thinking of selling the stainless steel bracelet ( I know it’s unlikely) give me first dibbs please. I bought it on the distressed leather strap but am on the look out for a second hand OEM bracelet.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,240 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Aren't they just a Rolex with a different name, marketed a bit lower end? Even the bracelet looks like an Oyster, I bet it was made by the same machine using slightly cheaper steel :D

unkel wrote: »
    Aren't they just a Rolex with a different name, marketed a bit lower end? Even the bracelet looks like an Oyster, I bet it was made by the same machine using slightly cheaper steel :D

And no centre link polishing? Controversial....
    You just wanna start a fight :P

unkel wrote: »

There was a tint of sarcasm in my post. Tudor are the poor mans Rolex in one light but they have developed their own identity and style.

Tudor used to be parts bin specials from Rolex, but lately they are mostly their own thing. Steel is 316 rather than the 409L, movement is in house manufactured, but development was a colab with Breitling. The branding is more youthful and they are less conservative in their designs (despite the obvious nods to the vintage). They have become very popular because you can actually get them unlike any Rolex you might want, and the pricing is fairly good . A very good watch, but a gateway watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,129 ✭✭✭redlead

Tudor used to be parts bin specials from Rolex, but lately they are mostly their own thing. Steel is 316 rather than the 409L, movement is in house manufactured, but development was a colab with Breitling. .

Its more a partnership than a collaboration. Breitling supply Tudor with their chronograph movements and Tudor gives Breitling their three hand movements. My Breitling has a Tudor movement but its basically fully developed by Tudor. The only difference is Breitling made it look a bit prettier and don't use a silicon hair spring. It's a great bit of business from the two of them. I guess Rolex don't want to give Tudor their chronograph movements so to differentiate them but the Breitling movement is top class.

I do admire their north flag from afar. That said I admired the ranger also till I tried it.

The watch finder guy could sell ice to an Eskimo.

https://youtu.be/q92asqT6EZo

• Registered Users Posts: 65,240 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

There was a tint of sarcasm in my post.

Oh really? :p

I think fitzgeme is moving towards Rolex more than anything else :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,253 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

In the middle of butchering modding a Seiko, but on hold until the correct tool arrives. I always find it interesting to see the guts of a watch up close, even if the movement is undecorated.

49901006051_3879fd8b36_c.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,684 ✭✭✭david

Eoin wrote: »
    In the middle of butchering modding a Seiko, but on hold until the correct tool arrives. I always find it interesting to see the guts of a watch up close, even if the movement is undecorated.

Nice one what have you got planned? I’m cleaving the SKX soon :p

• Registered Users Posts: 14,262 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Great idea to buy a few shít watches on ebay to operate on.

david wrote: »
    Nice one what have you got planned? I’m cleaving the SKX soon :p

I foolishly decided to change nearly everything - bezel, bezel insert, crystal, crown, face & hands. And so far I've made hard work out of all them. I've also an SRPD about to get mangled.
    Cienciano wrote:
    Great idea to buy a few shít watches on ebay to operate on.

I prob should have tried that first. Unfortunately there's not as many modding options as I thought there might be, though.

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Blanchy90

I foolishly decided to change nearly everything - bezel, bezel insert, crystal, crown, face & hands. And so far I've made hard work out of all them. I've also an SRPD about to get mangled.

I prob should have tried that first. Unfortunately there's not as many modding options as I thought there might be, though.

I'm waiting for parts to arrive to build (assemble/mod) a seiko from scratch, hopefully they'll be here in the next few days

That's when you find out you shouldn't have gotten the €1.34 set of screwdrivers of ebay

Cienciano wrote: »
    That's when you find out you shouldn't have gotten the €1.34 set of screwdrivers of ebay

Or any Silverline "precision" tools from Amazon :pac:

banie01 wrote: »
    Or any Silverline "precision" tools from Amazon :pac:

Searching is a pain. You finally see a set that look decent and you go to pull the trigger and you discover that the €35 is for one, not the set!

Well.... the bezel pip fell off, the hands are wonky (and I knocked some lume out of the hour hand), the bezel doesn't turn too well AND the crown stem needs a bit more trimming.

That big list of mistakes aside, it was quite satisfying to (kinda) finish this

49908489723_5e7f94b4f7_z.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,129 ✭✭✭redlead

It's a complete bastardisation of watch making and I love it! You have a dive bezel, a strap from a fieldwatch, a Milgaus style second hand and a dressy dial. Great stuff! The ultimate one watch does all haha

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement