Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post pics of your watches ***Please NO QUOTING PHOTOS***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 65,149 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Exciting moments in the morning when the highlight of the day is the postman arriving :D

Today he brought me this SNE435P1, bought from a forum regular through adverts.ie. A man needs a blue face beater right? Well this man does. I always thought I had small wrists, but maybe I don't. Yet another watch where the bracelet is too small for me. Extra links will be posted out to me, but I've stuck it on a ZULU anyway. The watch is a solar quartz, so I should never have to adjust the time or date or even the battery. As long as I don't throw it into a drawer and forget about it for several months.

513624.jpg

The new strap finally arrived �� got it on on with no hassle and without damaging the original strap.
    Thanks to the advice and tool recommend by thirdfox!

513741.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,547 ✭✭✭micks_address

Perfect strap combo

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Bren_C

Finally decided to scratch the pocket watch itch with a reasonably priced entry model C.1937 with original box arrived this morning

513742.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭Cyclingtourist

Bren_C wrote: »
    Finally decided to scratch the pocket watch itch with a reasonably priced entry model C.1937 with original box arrived this morning

Next you'll need to scratch the gold chain and waistcoat itch.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,538 ✭✭✭btkm8unsl0w5r4

Next you'll need to scratch the gold chain and waistcoat itch.

I would go to a doctor for an ointment for that itch :D

Just picked up. Need to resize bracelet.

My last purchase...

IMG-20200521-181042.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭Lorddrakul

My last purchase...

Hahhahaa!

Good one.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,825 ✭✭✭sparrowcar

Well done Mick, enjoy your bit of space history.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭hitemfrank

Lorddrakul wrote: »
    Hahhahaa!

Good one.

I assume he means last as in the the last ones he's bought :D

• Advertisement

The new strap finally arrived ��

Great match!

But am I the only one who really, really likes that blue strap? You got a fantastic deal on the watch anyway, well wear!

Very nice, well wear.

My last purchase...

giphy.gif

Very nice, well wear.

giphy.gif

One link out and the bracelet is perfect. Well impressed with the watch. It's 1998 reference. Transitional model with tritium lume but newer 1861 movement. Can't say I went looking for this ref particularly but it makes the watch a little bit more interesting. I do really appreciate the hesalite and the way the light hits it and the distortion from different angles. It as serviced in 2018 so should be trouble free for a few years.

Maybe my last dance

Maybe my last dance

until the next dance :)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,249 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

From the DIY Seiko Mod thread - here's another one I did.

This is (was?) an SRPD, and I changed the bezel, bezel insert, chapter ring, dial, hands, and crystal.

49919400073_0156c2d33b_z.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Keyzer

Nice one Mick, the speedie was my first real watch so to speak - wanted an Omega since I was in short trousers.

Keyzer wrote: »
    Nice one Mick, the speedie was my first real watch so to speak - wanted an Omega since I was in short trousers.

Thanks - the only thing i find annoying and i knew i would was the crown for winding... it is a little awkward to grip... otherwise im enamored with the size and shape.. i have a black omega nato on the way but it looks really good on the bracelet to... might leave it on that for a while. the domed crystal is really nice..

ive three omega's now and i think they cover the spectrum nicely.. 300m diver, aqua terra and the speedy covers the pilot/chrono segment for when im flying space missions.

if i had a ton of spare cash id maybe buy a railmaster but thats not happening any time soon

Thanks - the only thing i find annoying and i knew i would was the crown for winding... it is a little awkward to grip... otherwise im enamored with the size and shape.. i have a black omega nato on the way but it looks really good on the bracelet to... might leave it on that for a while. the domed crystal is really nice..

ive three omega's now and i think they cover the spectrum nicely.. 300m diver, aqua terra and the speedy covers the pilot/chrono segment for when im flying space missions.

if i had a ton of spare cash id maybe buy a railmaster but thats not happening any time soon

I found that if I used finger clicking action to roll my fingerunder the crown the winding was fine, if you try to grip it is very fiddly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭TheRepentent

aqua terra and the speedy covers the pilot/chrono segment for when im flying space missions.
    :pac::pac::pac:

Wanna support genocide?Cheer on the murder of women and children?The Ruzzians aren't rapey enough for you? Morally bankrupt cockroaches and islamaphobes , Israel needs your help NOW!!

http://tinyurl.com/2ksb4ejk

https://www.btselem.org/

• Registered Users Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Keyzer

Bought a wrecked aul vintage Vostok on ebay from some geezer in the Ukraine last week, hoping it gets delivered today. Will stick up photos if/when it arrives.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,684 ✭✭✭david

Junghans Form C

How do you find it? Pretty tempted to pull the trigger on one.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,257 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

An unusual enough watch a bought maybe a year and a half ago. Took a risk on a Kickstarter project. Doesn't get any wrist time, took it out for a spin. Bit of a heifer all told.

https://www.livwatches.com/collections/gx-auto-chrono/products/liv-gx-swiss-automatic-chronograph-rose-gold

Photos below. As usual, apologies for lack of embedding.

And 2 of the picks of the collection, both bought from regular poster Fulladapipes

• Registered Users Posts: 16,622 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Birneybau wrote: »
    An unusual enough watch a bought maybe a year and a half ago. Took a risk on a Kickstarter project. Doesn't get any wrist time, took it out for a spin. Bit of a heifer all told.

https://www.livwatches.com/collections/gx-auto-chrono/products/liv-gx-swiss-automatic-chronograph-rose-gold

Photos below. As usual, apologies for lack of embedding.

Its an odd looking beast, but there's something compelling about though...
    Its hypnotic!

banie01 wrote: »
    Its an odd looking beast, but there's something compelling about though...
    Its hypnotic!

THats gravity, its got an event horizon.......

To be fair Birneybau the speedmaster and the OP are an excellent two watch collection, similar but totally different. I like them a lot.

THats gravity, its got an event horizon.......

To be fair Birneybau the speedmaster and the OP are an excellent two watch collection, similar but totally different. I like them a lot.

Thanks Fitzy. I'd genuinely sell all my weird un's and buy maybe a decent diver and leave it at a that...:pac:

Yeah, right.

Thanks Fitzy. I'd genuinely sell all my weird un's and buy maybe a decent diver and leave it at a that...:pac:

Yeah, right.

That's what I've decided (for today) speedmaster, seamaster 300 diver and aqua Terra with Casio all metal for beating around the place.. not sure what else I'd want in terms of looks...

Yeah, right.

Ok so fantasy collecting here. You have a rolex, you have a omega so what Diver...maybe keep the black theme going.

1, Panerai Pam111
    2. Submariner....but for some reason this feels like a 3 brand collection. Subs solid.
    3. Breiting Superocean.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,110 ✭✭✭Thirdfox

4. Sólás Eclipse :pac: - just kidding, that would probably go into the "weird un" collection :D

In all seriousness though - Tudor Pelagos is one I would recommend as a do it all diver (and it's titanium too so a bit different to all the others). Can even get the LHD or blue version if you want a non-black dialled watch.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,848 ✭✭✭893bet

And 2 of the picks of the collection, both bought from regular poster Fulladapipes

I miss my OP a little. Not a huge fan of the black or white. I feel like they are missing something, similar to the explorer 1.

I had the rhodium 39, and I still admire the blue dialled version!

Nice stealthy (relatively) Rolex!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement