Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post pics of your watches ***Please NO QUOTING PHOTOS***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,221 ✭✭✭darragh o meara

29785362818_7d33a2e931_z.jpgswatch the beep (2) by Darragh O Meara, on Flickr

43608507182_8e868e0bd1_z.jpgswatch the beep (1) by Darragh O Meara, on Flickr

Seen as there is a few old school digital watches popping up recently, here is the "nerdiest" watch in my small collection.

Its a watch made by Swatch back in the early 90's and included a numerical pager that you could call (Premium 1550 number if I remember rightly) and send your number to the wearer for them to call you back. Probably the precursor to the modern smart watch. Regardless, I remember seeing these for sale back in the day and wanting one really badly, however being a teenager I wasn't able to convince my parents to buy me one.

Fast forward 25 years and I find this gem on Ebay for sale in Germany. New/Old stock from a Swatch dealer, came with all the books, Post cards and business cards that you could fill out and give to your mates!!, spare battery and box. Put in a bid of 50 quid thinking I'd have to pay a bit more but thanks to the low interest in it I managed to win the auction for 20 Euro including the shipping. The joys of being an adult buying the stuff you couldn't have as a child!!

Sadly,the pager system was shut down a long time ago so that part of the watch doesnt work but as a timepiece its great and I love it, I don't wear it much anymore as the strap is a little uncomfortable but I hope to change that soon as I have found a leather strap for one in the US that I hope to get delivered soon (The strap on these is unusual in the fact that it contains the battery tray on one side)

https://flic.kr/p/Mo2LEf

https://flic.kr/p/29rwZTu

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭2shea

Screenshot_20180726-173902.png

For anyone that wants to see the lume on the Seiko Samurai PADI it's bi-coloured which looks pretty cool at night. Not on the standard models, but I think it's something Seiko should do on some more models.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭hitemfrank

2shea wrote: »
    Might be just me but there is nothing showing up

Now I think I've got it sorted.

@darragh o meara I really want to see this watch. But I can't see this post either? Must be on my side of things?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,458 ✭✭✭micks_address

WHat do you reckon a tutrle padi is worth in condition 1 second hand, I may offload mine?

SNIP

Well it's the watch I got married in, I felt the blue bezel and sunburst dial went well with the blue suit, shirt and being beside the mediterranean it had to be a diver. So I'll never sell this watch.

But I'd imagine the would be worth 280-320 in good condition with the box and all the tags. I mean they want €500 in fields as far as I can remember. I had my srp777k on adverts for €320 And people were loosing their life telling me that they are cheaper to buy new online.

I dropped the price to €250 And it's still not sold. I paid near €400 for it but it came with a seiko metal bracelet as well as the rubber strange srp777 comes on.

But the being able to inspect the watch in the flesh is much better then buying online because you can make Sure everything lines up such as chapter rings and bezel. People don't seem to understand that.

Also the sites they were quoting prices from were outside of Europe so they would get stung with tax.

But there is no point in trying to tell people this. People just contradict your advert and have no intention of buying.
    I'd pay 200 for it today :)

• Advertisement

hitemfrank wrote: »

So its COSC ?

Cool I can see it now! I thought you were saying it was COSC until I looked closer haha

Screenshot_20180726-180309.jpg

Screenshot_20180726-180402.jpgshare images

My Citizen ProMaster Marine eco-drive JDM version. Love this watch. It has a really cool adjustable clasp

@darragh o meara I really want to see this watch. But I can't see this post either? Must be on my side of things?

Try the links, if they don't work I'll try upload again when I get home.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,429 ✭✭✭Kenjataimu

oxocube wrote: »
    Sekonda came last week. First time wearing it. Tried to get a good photo showing that the hands and numerals are a lovely shade of blue. Failed :)

€39.42 delivered to my door. Bargain :cool:
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=456678&stc=1&d=1532525148

I got the same recently.

UIVFObA.jpg

Also picked up one of those cheap Lenovo watches that was on Bargain Alerts.

0GQyXPO.jpg

• Advertisement

Try the links, if they don't work I'll try upload again when I get home.

Yes the links work. It's a really funky little piece isn't it.... well cool

Kenjataimu wrote: »
    I got the same recently.

Also picked up one of those cheap Lenovo watches that was on Bargain Alerts.

The Sekonda is a real classy looking piece and for under €40 how can you go wrong. What kind of movement had it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 219 ✭✭FingerDeKat

I actually like that lenova

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

New old school. When you get just as excited by a €22 watch as you do by a €6000 piece you have the correct attitude towards watches. Price tags and brand are not what's it's about.
    +10000 That's a cracker of a watch. I feel the need coming on... *checks down the back of couch. Yep should have enough* :D What's the model number 2Shea? :o

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭hitemfrank

Wibbs wrote: »
    +10000 That's a cracker of a watch. I feel the need coming on... *checks down the back of couch. Yep should have enough* :D What's the model number 2Shea? :o

That's a B650WD-1AEF

I may have done some searching this afternoon :D

Yes the links work. It's a really funky little piece isn't it.... well cool

Yeah, it was completely ahead of its time a d I suppose that's what drew me to it back in the day.

That's a B650WD-1AEF

I may have done some searching this afternoon :D

It is indeed the model number :p

Wibbs wrote: »

It really is a cracker. In flesh and on the wrist it's just an awesome little watch. The bracelets is the usual folded links but looks great.

Screenshot_20180727-092421.jpg

My Seiko Sun019 Kenitic Tuna

Not really getting as much wrist time as is like.

Screenshot_20180727-092458.png

Have it on a brown leather strap at the moment .

• Advertisement

Screenshot_20180727-094201.jpg

Screenshot_20180727-094236.jpg

Screenshot_20180727-094323.jpgpost image online

Love the depth of the dial it's just superb

Screenshot_20180727-094852.jpg

Picked up this little square G-Shock in Tokyo. Model number GW-M5610BC

Love the combi bracelet resin and stainless steel.

Multi band 6 and tough solar it is another fantastic little piece from Casio.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

That Seiko Tuna is beautiful, some serious watches being posted lately!

Screenshot_20180727-095805.jpgbest image hosting

Screenshot_20180727-100933.jpg

Screenshot_20180727-095903.jpg

My seiko SBDY015 not a SRP777 even though that's what it looks like. I bought it in Japan to replace my srp777k with a J version and sell my K version but I still have it.

Only realised when I arrived home it was actually a new JDM version of the turtle realised this year which was pretty cool. Might be the only one in the country at this moment.

Screenshot_20180727-100825.jpg

Can't forget my Sumo.

A really classy dive watch for under €500

It just feels on another lever to the Seiko Turtle and Samuari finishing wise.

Sorry these pictures are screen grabs from my instagram so that's why it says people tagged in some of them.

Screenshot_20180727-101000.jpgfree upload image site

One of 2 Gx56 I have in the collection. This is the newer all black version with multiband 6 and tough solar. I have the original black and red model too without the multi band .

They were known as the king G as they are a beast of a watch but at the same time it's very light and comfortable on your wrist.

Screenshot_20180727-102311.jpg

Still looking good after 10 years.... My wife actually wears this more then me, she loves it.

Screenshot_20180727-102752.jpg

For any ladies following the thread heres my wife's Longines La Grande Classique 24mm

It's such a beautiful little piece. I bought it for her to wear at our wedding but I noticed her eyeing it up for a while so I knew she liked it.

Eyeing up Rolex Explorers with her beside me hasn't worked for me yet though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 219 ✭✭FingerDeKat

lol....good attempt all the same :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,240 ✭✭✭Oral Surgeon

For any ladies following the thread heres my wife's Longines La Grande Classique 24mm

It's such a beautiful little piece. I bought it for her to wear at our wedding but I noticed her eyeing it up for a while so I knew she liked it.

That's an amateur move!!

You need to spend the next 6 months showing her photos of gold subs, yacht master 2's or sky dwellers....

After that, when you point out the explorer- she'll jump all over that bargain!!:D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement