Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post pics of your watches ***Please NO QUOTING PHOTOS***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭emo72

That white boss has a touch of grand Seiko about it. You did right getting them cheap they don't hold value, but of course, wear and buy what you like! Make yerself happy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,807 ✭✭✭Jurgen Klopp

emo72 wrote: »
    That white boss has a touch of grand Seiko about it. You did right getting them cheap they don't hold value, but of course, wear and buy what you like! Make yerself happy.

Yep that's teh only reason I got em, I wouldn't have even been comfortable paying €60 a piece apparently a 200 one new is about 120 brand and the equivalent of a 70/80 watch after advise here and other forums

• Registered Users Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭heroics

Normally don’t buy fashion watches but wanted a smart watch that didn’t look like an Apple Watch so got this Hugo boss one Not sure if I prefer it on black or green strap though

456032.jpeg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 603 ✭✭✭umop episdn

Longines 1966, pic doesn't do it justice tbh

456033.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,807 ✭✭✭Jurgen Klopp

Lovely umop, love teh clean simple face. How much and what's its model number?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,619 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

Calibre 280 hand winder by any chance? Nice watch.

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 603 ✭✭✭umop episdn

blue5000 wrote: »
    Calibre 280 hand winder by any chance? Nice watch.

It is indeed, the one you spotted, so thanks again ;)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 21,238 CMod ✭✭✭✭Eoin

I don't really care for the snobbery about "fashion" watches. Are they the best possible value for money? No, but neither are some sainted brands.

Apart from some particularly bad brands, they're often put together well enough, and like those Boss watches, look pretty good.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭aaakev

Father in laws 60th end of this month and the missus didn't know what to get so i suggested a watch. Picked up this nice Tissot automatic in hour passion kildare village. Good value over there and they are willing to deal too.

IMG-20180715-WA0015_zpswziojykr.jpeg

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭Brennus335

QqHDtPr.jpg
    A1WkcI9.jpg
    AUsPju8.jpg
    QHLGr9G.jpg
    jp1XUii.jpg
    R7nBkz9.jpg
    1anMOgN
    swXd7RC

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭2shea

@Brennus335 I Love that Casio. I just bought that exact watch form watchdog.com for €26! Have the gold version already.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭Baron Kurtz

Speedy markers to second hands never look flush to me. Or there's just something visually untrue I find about them. Owned one too. A trip to Specsavers, maybe but I wonder what's the consensus in this. Must be the white hands.

Probably the picture, or me, but the Breitling Chrono has a slant on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭Brennus335

Speedy markers to second hands never look flush to me. Or there's just something visually untrue I find about them. Owned one too. A trip to Specsavers, maybe but I wonder what's the consensus in this. Must be the white hands.

I have absolutely no idea what any of that means.

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭oxocube

The photo is slightly crooked but the hands look good on the speedy.

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭oxocube

Sekonda came last week. First time wearing it. Tried to get a good photo showing that the hands and numerals are a lovely shade of blue. Failed :)

€39.42 delivered to my door. Bargain :cool:

456678.jpeg

Guys what's the best way to post pictures here on boards? I'd love to share some of mine nut I have them on Instagram. Is there anyway to share a link directly into a picture here?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,644 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

2shea wrote: »
    Guys what's the best way to post pictures here on boards? I'd love to share some of mine nut I have them on Instagram. Is there anyway to share a link directly into a picture here?

https://postimages.org
    Try this site

The internet isn’t for everyone

20180724_203528.jpg

Two new Casio I got for about €53

Love them. Had a gold version for a long time and never got around to adding anymore until I seen them cheap on watchshop.com last week

OmegaGene wrote: »

Thanks fella it works great :)

20180706_161436.jpg

My Seiko SARB035 a beauty

• Advertisement

Screenshot_20180726-145725.png

My Samuari PADI

20180228_232115_001.jpgwindows screenshot program

The Turtle PADI

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,538 ✭✭✭btkm8unsl0w5r4

WHat do you reckon a tutrle padi is worth in condition 1 second hand, I may offload mine?

Screenshot_20180726-151245.pnghow to take screenshots

Screenshot_20180726-151311.pngscreen capture

Screenshot_20180726-152455.png

My not made in Japan srp777

WHat do you reckon a tutrle padi is worth in condition 1 second hand, I may offload mine?

Screenshot_20180726-151226.png

Screenshot_20180726-151154.png

Well it's the watch I got married in, I felt the blue bezel and sunburst dial went well with the blue suit, shirt and being beside the mediterranean it had to be a diver. So I'll never sell this watch.

But I'd imagine the would be worth 280-320 in good condition with the box and all the tags. I mean they want €500 in fields as far as I can remember. I had my srp777k on adverts for €320 And people were loosing their life telling me that they are cheaper to buy new online.

I dropped the price to €250 And it's still not sold. I paid near €400 for it but it came with a seiko metal bracelet as well as the rubber strange srp777 comes on.

But the being able to inspect the watch in the flesh is much better then buying online because you can make Sure everything lines up such as chapter rings and bezel. People don't seem to understand that.

Also the sites they were quoting prices from were outside of Europe so they would get stung with tax.

But there is no point in trying to tell people this. People just contradict your advert and have no intention of buying.

IMG_20180725_175747_792.jpg

New old school. When you get just as excited by a €22 watch as you do by a €6000 piece you have the correct attitude towards watches. Price tags and brand are not what's it's about.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭hitemfrank

Now that 2shea has posted some lovely stuff (I want one of those digital Casio's now), let me post something not quite so lovely.

rthpwk.jpg

Ladies and gents, the Tevise T801a, featuring Chinese standard movement, see through case back, an awful clasp, cheap unidirectional bezel with lots of wiggle and an impressively poor water resistance.

I picked this up for a few reasons. Firstly, its size. It's larger than I thought would sit okay on my small wrists. I think it's fine so that opens up a lot more options for watches.

Secondly, it's a cheap automatic that I won't care if it gets knocked around. It's also cheap enough for me to take apart and play around with at some stage that I'll not care if I never get it working again. It's nice to see how things actually work.

Thirdly, the cyclops. I've always thought the cyclops looked ridiculous on watches and this confirms to me that I'm not a fan.

It's really the nicest 'certified' perlative ceronometer I've seen lol

All in all, not bad for under 20 quid. You get what you pay for.

hitemfrank wrote: »
    Now that 2shea has posted some lovely stuff (I want one of those digital Casio's now), let me post something not quite so lovely.

[IMG][/img]https://s33.postimg.cc/6n9aokj27/IMG_20180726_145636839_HDR.jpg

Ladies and gents, the Tevise T801a, featuring Chinese standard movement, see through case back, an awful clasp, cheap unidirectional bezel with lots of wiggle and an impressively poor water resistance.

I picked this up for a few reasons. Firstly, its size. It's larger than I thought would sit okay on my small wrists. I think it's fine so that opens up a lot more options for watches.

Secondly, it's a cheap automatic that I won't care if it gets knocked around. It's also cheap enough for me to take apart and play around with at some stage that I'll not care if I never get it working again. It's nice to see how things actually work.

Thirdly, the cyclops. I've always thought the cyclops looked ridiculous on watches and this confirms to me that I'm not a fan.

It's really the nicest certified perlative ceronometer I've seen lol

All in all, not bad for under 20 quid. You get what you pay for.

I can't see the picture ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭hitemfrank

2shea wrote: »
    I can't see the picture ?

Okay, how about now?

I have changed image hosting site.

• Advertisement

hitemfrank wrote: »
    Okay, how about now?

I have changed image hosting site.

Might be just me but there is nothing showing up