Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post pics of your watches ***Please NO QUOTING PHOTOS***

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,102 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

So I really wanted to get another automatic. I have a Seiko 5, nice little watch, but it's a bit small and never really gets worn (didn't really warm to the self-winding nature of it either). Anyway, I had my mind set on an orange or black monster until I saw HDMI's pic of the baby tuna a while back (the SRP637K1) - thought it looked gorgeous. Wasn't sure which version to get as I usually only wear rubber straps or nato's but took a punt on the bracelet version as I'd read its pretty good for the price range (and I liked the face best out of the 3 versions). Used the excuse of an early birthday present, ordered it Monday from Creation and she arrived yesterday.

Had to resize the bracelet, my first time, so that was an interesting learning experience! Really smitten with it and getting used to wearing a bracelet too, it's really lovely imo.

91BYukZ.jpg

iEY5v0i.jpg

Spent the guts of 2 hours last night resizing the bracelet. Thought I had broken something until a quick Google mentioned tiny parts called collars. Thankfully I didn't lose any of them. :)

6vUTDJs.jpg

Couldn't get the lume shot to focus.

HPYarcZ.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭HDMI

Andrew76 wrote: »
    Had to resize the bracelet, my first time, so that was an interesting learning experience! Really smitten with it and getting used to wearing a bracelet too, it's really lovely imo.

Spent the guts of 2 hours last night resizing the bracelet. Thought I had broken something until a quick Google mentioned tiny parts called collars. Thankfully I didn't lose any of them. :)

Bracelet is not too bad at all but I found that my wrist expanded when the weather was a bit warmer recently and it was a little uncomfortable. I am considering adding an MM300 expanding clasp to it.

HDMI wrote: »
    Bracelet is not too bad at all but I found that my wrist expanded when the weather was a bit warmer recently and it was a little uncomfortable. I am considering adding an MM300 expanding clasp to it.

Interesting, never knew such a thing existed. Will see how I get on with mine over the next few weeks/months. Out of curiosity, how often do you wind yours and how many turns do you give it? I've been winding it each morning giving it about 5 turns. No idea if that's correct or not though.

Because I wasn't sure about wearing a bracelet at the time, I also ordered a couple of rubber straps from thestrapshop just in case. The orange one doesn't really go with the black face although it's a nice strap in itself, would probably suit the orange monster perfectly.

(Straps not attached in first two pics.)
    fMKfK9j.jpg

IqyqKmr.jpg

SGpCHiD.jpg

The black didn't come with spring bars and the originals from the watch itself were too thick to use, luckily the orange came with bars that I swapped over. Not 100% happy with the black either though as it's a little loose on the tightest setting and the strap is a wee bit long.

(Straps not attached in first two pics.)
    vS19UuJ.jpg

qP4rwpY.jpg

ihqWpRs.jpg

Good thing I like the bracelet so! :pac:

Andrew76 wrote: »
    Interesting, never knew such a thing existed. Will see how I get on with mine over the next few weeks/months. Out of curiosity, how often do you wind yours and how many turns do you give it? I've been winding it each morning giving it about 5 turns. No idea if that's correct or not though.

I have a ratcheting clasp coming on a different watch and if all goes well I will buy another one. The bracelet I wore for about a week and then switched to Zulu straps which makes the watch much lighter and easier to wear. The weight maybe one of the reasons the quartz tuna is so popular and comfortable to wear.

The movement is supposed to have a power reserve of 41 hours. I generally wind mine about 15 times back n forth which should give it nearly full reserve, you can't over wind it so don't worry.

• Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭TedR

My mixed bag collection including the recent Steinhart addition.

Apologies for the terrible photo

TbL

snip
    Zenith looks lovely, always liked those, but have never seen one in the flesh as it were.. how does it go for you, where did you pick it up can I ask?

• Advertisement

sorry, i just re posted the photo with that Zenith comment, apologies

• Registered Users Posts: 6,621 ✭✭✭ThebitterLemon

TedR wrote: »
    sorry, i just re posted the photo with that Zenith comment, apologies

Hi Ted,

Thanks, I think it's a stunning watch.

I picked it up from another poster here, Cyrus, he was very helpful, but I was delighted to be able to take it off his hands :)

TbL

• Closed Accounts Posts: 704 ✭✭✭lizzyman

Its a 36,000 bph watch cpl? That second hand must be incredibly smooth.

Never having seen one up close and personal Ive wondered if the dial is a bit busy, there is a lot going on

Somehow I think it works though, there is something about the look overall which pulls together, I think its a great looking watch, plus that El Primero engine inside. Zenith is kind of under the radar a bit compared to Rolex/Omega etc etc isn't it. But watch people know...

Its on my wish list for sure ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭sparrowcar

Landed myself a lovely little Omega Seamaster from Homer one of our own boardsies. It's a 2264.50 in immaculate condition. I've had my eye on this and the auto version (2254.50) for a while now so delighted to have it in my stable (always wanted to say that :D ) I'm a supporter of quartz watches as my daily which this will become.

36235D89BD0945BA9BD8E769E28DC2FA-0000345144-0003780967-00800L-2F6E5EB524DB4B41A0E2F75E6B174A46.jpg
    E82465130DEC4FD182CC5CC43864C2DA-0000345144-0003780959-00800L-F9A0D999DB144AB68552223DB5390A17.jpg

On an admiralty grey nato (got this from the guy who works supplying the MOD in the UK)
    CCC003F60E6B41C98E5DA9B1E2A8DC88-0000345144-0003780958-00800L-0DAA0F50BA5349A685E1478146C10F70.jpg

Looking to get a bracelet for it but instead of buying an Omega one for €500 I've decided to get an after market one and put the money towards my next purchase instead. Anyone any suggestions of bracelets similar to the PO style one in this pic?
    858E7BFC531E41F4891EE7F58084CEA6-0000345144-0003780960-00306L-4445FA46B9264A70BE40FBE8D8402557.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,383 ✭✭✭Deep Thought

sparrowcar wrote: »
    Landed myself a lovely little Omega Seamaster from Homer one of our own boardsies. It's a 2264.50 in immaculate condition. I've had my eye on this and the auto version (2254.50) for a while now so delighted to have it in my stable (always wanted to say that :D ) I'm a supporter of quartz watches as my daily which this will become.

Lovely...Was this on Adverts ?

DT

The narrower a man’s mind, the broader his statements.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,675 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

see this thread for some options, its the speedmaster bracelet you are after

http://forum.tz-uk.com/showthread.php?249114-Non-Omega-bracelet-for-a-Speedmaster-Pro-at-a-fair-price

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭sparrowcar

Lovely...Was this on Adverts ?

DT

No but I've seen 2 up there over the last few days.

Lovely looking watch sparrow. Nice and clean face especially with the white on black date, very nice. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,261 ✭✭✭Homer

sparrowcar wrote: »

I may live to regret flipping that one!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 704 ✭✭✭lizzyman

Visit from the postman today :)

DDG2Wi2.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭GEO147

My mixed bag collection including the recent Steinhart addition.

Apologies for the terrible photo

TbL

That Breitling look a smasher!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,480 ✭✭✭rwbug

My green/bronze Aevig Valkyr arrived yesterday. Put it on their red firehose strap (made from re-cycled firehoses). Loving it so far.

zoxuf5o.jpg?1G2XDl8u.jpg?1
    b3fBl3I.jpg?1

Handsome watch
    I never heard of Aevig, had a look at their site, its nice stuff.
    I like green in watch designs.. is it very hefty on the wrist, or ok? Its 39mm across I think, but website says quite a bit larger top to bottom?
    Fantastic strap too, enjoy the new watch

TedR wrote: »
    Handsome watch
    I never heard of Aevig, had a look at their site, its nice stuff.
    I like green in watch designs.. is it very hefty on the wrist, or ok? Its 39mm across I think, but website says quite a bit larger top to bottom?
    Fantastic strap too, enjoy the new watch

Aevig are a micro brand based in Holland. Their reputation seems good, eg here is a discussion where someone wants to choose between Aevig and Steinhart.

Not sure if this will help regarding sizing, but it is a pic of the Valkyr against the very popular skx009 (after market bezel).

ba4Zpq9.jpg?1

• Advertisement

Thanks
    looks ok size wise, Im not mad keen on big big watches. Nice to see something new (to me anyway) and unusual indeed.
    How about the firehouse strap, looks great, its comfy? Again the site warns its starts out pretty stiff?.
    I think you have given me a new addition to my wish list

The firehose strap may not be soft as a good leather one, but in no way would I describe it as stiff. I am very happy with it and think it looks great.

50th birthday pressie from the wifey, it's arrived very late because I couldn't decide which watch I wanted to buy with the money.

Seiko Shogun SBDC007

20150729_164616_zpszoupobdy.jpg

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Last night tried a lume shot of my 1930's Zenith "aviator/Luftwaffe pattern";

356741.jpg

and later on got this;

356742.jpg

OK t'is a Luminova redial from back in the day after I had the nuclears removed, but it worked out pretty well in practical terms. That's a handheld 1/30th of a second shot, but to the Mark 1 Human Eyeball(™) it's usable for about four or five hours. Man how I wish I could find some dude who would paint it in tritium… :) I love cathedral hands, but cathedral seconds hands… *drool* Even after restoration it still has traces of the original red on the metal frame. It must have been way cool when new and radiumed up. Healthy, not so much. :D Defo my "if my gaff was on fire which watch would I grab first" on a few levels.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,635 ✭✭✭✭dr.fuzzenstein

Chris Walken says "if you gonna have a watch up your ass, better make it this one"

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Though at 12mm thick, 42mm across minus that huge crown and 48mm from lug to lug you'd better be praying for lube and a stiff drink, or three. :D

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,619 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

What's the big crown like on the wrist? I think they are called 'onion' crowns, could be wrong though, still learning.

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

Yep onion crown. Actually though it looks awkward you never notice it on the wrist.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,297 ✭✭✭✭Jawgap

My Hammy Khaki Field Automatic.....

357143.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

Anniversary present from the wife

947733d1413282973-seiko-chronograph-sndf95p1-retrolook-neuwertig-p1040725.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement