Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post pics of your watches ***Please NO QUOTING PHOTOS***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭Chuck_Norris

GEO147 wrote: »
    Got it on Massdrop. They said they may do another deal on them if over 200 people wanted one, now at 209 so keep an eye. It came on the stock rubber strap which is ok but I purchased the bracelet direct from Orient JApan.

https://www.massdrop.com/buy/orient-ray-watch

Nice one. Thanks for that. It's now at 210 requests. One last cheeky question, did you save much over buying it direct from Orient or from creation? I'll put it this way, it's currently at €107 on creation.

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭GEO147

Nice one. Thanks for that. It's now at 210 requests. One last cheeky question, did you save much over buying it direct from Orient or from creation? I'll put it this way, it's currently at €107 on creation.

Then no, was $99 if I recall on Masdrop so maybe €10, never knew about creation cheers.

EDIT: Its ridiculous value for €100 really, but the ss bracelet makes it IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭Chuck_Norris

Then no, was $99 if I recall on Masdrop so maybe €10, never knew about creation cheers.

EDIT: Its ridiculous value for €100 really, but the ss bracelet makes it IMO.

Thanks again for that. Downside with ordering from creation is that you can get stung for VAT from customs, which brings it up slightly.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭Ryath

Also purchased this Orient Producer

http://i62.tinypic.com/wvpoa9.jpg

Really like that back up an massdrop but I'm skint at the minute.

https://www.massdrop.com/buy/orient-producer-watch?

Looks much more expensive than €110 even the strap seems decent

MD-8173_20150522113310_d284a747db69e639.jpg?fm=jpg&q=70

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Can't ever go wrong with a nice Tank watch IMH. Not nearly as popular a design as they ought to be. Again IMH. And that looks a nice one R.

My one;

121rjf5.jpg

Though bear in mind I got "vintage" wrists so going larger would be a better bet for 90% of folks today. That one shows how times have changed. It was 150 dollars in 1997 for a solid gold early 50's Longines, near NOS, with full croc strap and Longines buckle. Even considering the Longines effect which usually means they're so much cheaper than other similar brands of the time, that would be at least double the price today, if not more.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Advertisement

Yeah its a lovely watch. I still cant get over the bang for buck with Orient. I love the producer, its a lovely quality item and the strap is quality leather. You can hear the pendulum or whatever it is winding when you shake it if that would annoy you. Doesn't bother me.

The Blue Ray I absolutely love, very happy with both.

That's a lovey Longines, fits your wrist perfectly, the Orient is a bit big on mine but still fine.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Aye G, Tanks wear larger as general rule. My one is something like 38mm X 22mm, but defo wears larger. There's something to be said for the less huge watch IMH. Lately I've been wearing my 35mm and under watches more regularly(and the latest is mid 80's). Barely noticing you're wearing them can be nice. More and more I'm thinking 40mm is my absolute limit with comfort, though it so depends on case and lug design.

Orients are nice watches in my limited enough experience with them. Fantastic value for money. As for the pendulum swinging about, yea I hear you. It's the reason why I've no automatics in my current line up. I've had a few in the past, including some high enough end ones and I can always feel the rotor thingy flapping about and it does not sit well with me. :o So I usually flip them fast. I'm 'king weird mind you. :D I'm a fan of the handwind I have to say. Though that one above is a near aerobic workout to wind up. Takes ages. It must be all mainspring. Though it means that tiny as it is it has a mad power reserve. Like 3 days plus on a single wind.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭893bet

Skyfall Friday!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

893bet wrote: »
    Skyfall Friday!
    Ohhhh Nice!

• Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭fulladapipes

Datejust Friday here.

1432887877360-1290957305_zpsgdrb24jo.jpg

• Advertisement

Datejust Friday here.

Very nice indeed.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

Parnis Friday! :P

camN64V.jpg
    5yu57J0.jpg
    UY5ehkf.jpg
    Mly5UWf.jpg

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,635 ✭✭✭✭dr.fuzzenstein

893bet wrote: »
    Skyfall Friday!

You must be constantly hearing the Bond theme in your head! :D:P
    Very nice, very jelly. :)

3346vlc.jpg

LIP Friday. :)

Trying it out on one of my 40's vintage pre "nato" style khaki straps.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,627 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

The obsession continues; first vintage, first longines arrived from Bosnia this week. Thanks Wibbs for your advice, now if you could do the pic magic…

350353.JPG
    No worries :-)

Contacted Longines, serial number says made in '67 (Wife's birth year, so that helped), invoiced to Italy in April '68. They suggested I send it to them for servicing.........has anybody got one done there? PM me what it cost, I'd love to know what percentage of the watch's value the service was.

BFK isn't called Big for nothing

The Pogue is in the post:) I am finished buying for this year!!

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

350343.JPG

Neptune Friday :D

• Registered Users Posts: 19,741 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

panerai friday :)

847DB87A-89F5-4E5E-9F45-5299C9083AC0_zpsenqecfun.jpg

WOW lots of lovely watches Friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,503 ✭✭✭Daemonic

peasant wrote: »
    Neptune Friday :D
    That watch posted (probably by you Peasant) on here last year and Meranom not having any in stock when I went looking initially, leading me to start browsing eBay and the multitude of Russians watches on there is the reason I now have over a dozen Russian watches including the Luch I'm wearing today :D

10618b54-41ee-4062-87fd-ddf987f334ed.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Elbow

Not quite as nice as the above posts but nevertheless its a watch :D
    CWC Friday

IMAG0448_zpszlnk0ggz.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,635 ✭✭✭✭dr.fuzzenstein

blue5000 wrote: »
    The obsession continues; first vintage, first longines arrived from Bosnia this week. Thanks Wibbs for your advice, now if you could do the pic magic…

Contacted Longines, serial number says made in '67 (Wife's birth year, so that helped), invoiced to Italy in April '68. They suggested I send it to them for servicing.........has anybody got one done there? PM me what it cost, I'd love to know what percentage of the watch's value the service was.

BFK isn't called Big for nothing

The Pogue is in the post:) I am finished buying for this year!!

Longines and Seiko is a winning combination, I can attest! :)
    Longines are awesome when it comes to looking up old watches, I have a printout of 2 emails (the email account has long since ceased to exist) confirming the date of manufacture of the watch and when and to what partner it was sold. (As I already said)
    I also got promotional autograph cards signed by Tatjana Patitz and Pedro Diniz (yes, that long ago since I asked) plus two free magazines with more details about my watch.
    To me that was invaluable paperwork to go along with the watch, it puts so much more history behind it.
    Vintage Longines wrist watch would have to be the next step for me. That brand is criminally undervalued.

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭HDMI

Unfortunately it looks small on my now much larger wrists and doesn't get the wrist time it deserves.

IMG_4035_zpsfc050488.jpg

I was the first person to open the caseback in over 40 years when I got it so the movement was pristine. Sent it off to Michael Swift in Scotland to have it serviced and it runs smooth as butter.

For%20avatar_zpsxvwk6id8.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 678 ✭✭✭m4r10

Ok, I'll play too. Airman Friday

350388.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭TedR

Joining in the Friday thing :-) Pre Tag Heuer Carrera Friday

18243714341_61dd76b032_z.jpgIMG_1829 by Eamonn Ryan, on Flickr

• Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭aaakev

Friday night sitting around :cool:

Ill get me coat.....

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

aaakev wrote: »