Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post pics of your watches ***Please NO QUOTING PHOTOS***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭Northern Monkey

Eoin wrote: »
    Good spot - wire ones would look much better.

Hamilton make a nice one too, with or without a chrono. Can't remember the model name, (it's not the Pan Europ).

If it's the one I'm thinking of it might just be called the Hamilton cushion or possibly jazzmaster cushion?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 21,238 CMod ✭✭✭✭Eoin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

Yep, that's the one!

Wow, that is one beautiful watch.
    *Wanders off to ebay*

• Registered Users Posts: 8,745 ✭✭✭893bet

My PO! After 4 months with omega!

358717.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭fulladapipes

893bet wrote: »
    My PO! After 4 months with omega!

Looks good. What did they do that took so long?

• Advertisement

Looks good. What did they do that took so long?

Full service took 8 weeks. Got it back and noticed an issue and had to be sent back for another go for another 8 weeks. Literally they must not have tested it the first time. As you unscrew the crown the date would advance by anywhere by 1-3 days. How they could miss it is beyond me. Hardly a complicated piece given its based on ETA 2892! Either way Omega service centre wont get another cent from me.

I am also still waiting on any sort of paperwork for the service. The mind boggles. I am unsure of its omega or the AD being obtuse about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,383 ✭✭✭Deep Thought

c5406b86-bbf9-4fc0-83fc-d3cad5f47f06_zpsqeymrhxd.jpg

The narrower a man’s mind, the broader his statements.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,675 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

oooooooh thats nice. i have nearly bought one of these 4 or 5 times now, how do you find it?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭sparrowcar

DT that is a thing of beauty.. Well may you wear.

It is stunning...Am gonna try it on my Isofrane

Am also getting a Grey Croc to go with it for the wedding

So, this is nearly half the money I was allowed for my 50th...

Next.....Something in White

• Advertisement

I suspect the photo doesn't do the dial justice!

• Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭G rock

That really is nice.

Was it a tz purchase?

For future reference (i hope!) where does one buy a sinn? I see jura watches are the UK distributor, and classic-watches.de in Germany, but are there any others worth looking at?

• Registered Users Posts: 994 ✭✭✭Mitch Buchannon

G rock wrote: »
    For future reference (i hope!) where does one buy a sinn?

You can buy direct from them also but I obviously you would be paying full whack as opposed to getting some sort of a discount from an AD / grey dealer.

I suspect the photo doesn't do the dial justice!

It has an amazing look to it.

Put it on the Isofrane and it looks nice and tidy
    G rock wrote: »
    That really is nice.

Was it a tz purchase?

For future reference (i hope!) where does one buy a sinn? I see jura watches are the UK distributor, and classic-watches.de in Germany, but are there any others worth looking at?

Yep, bought it off a chap on TZ

You can buy from here.., https://www.sinn.de/en/Sinn-Spezialuhren.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭Lombardo86

Yep, that's the one!
    (huge pic)

That Hamilton watch is incredible

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

Lombardo86 wrote: »
    That Hamilton watch is incredible

Personally I'd prefer the chrono version

Cushion%2BAuto%2BChrono_3.png

this is on my ..if i ever see it at a bargain price ...list

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭Lombardo86

peasant wrote: »
    Personally I'd prefer the chrono version

this is on my ..if i ever see it at a bargain price ...list

Another gem - my own personal taste is to have a plainer face. I have some pieces with dark faces which i think is what attracted me to the silver face on the original. I actually dont own a piece with a leather strap so it would be ticking that off the list also.

Just a question of justifying the price (again! after my last purchase here.)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

CJnydrw.jpg?1

4SdhFAd.jpg?1

Hn0O0Nt.jpg?1

JpDIA4h.jpg?1

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭ghostchant

Picked up a Speedy Reduced (3539.50) while in Tokyo. Size is perfect for my puny wrists :)

IMG_20150821_202919.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭Mredsnapper

Looks perfect gc. My Speedy says hi.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,843 ✭✭✭Jimdagym

20358987354_fbaaef9d25.jpg

Treated myself to a Sarb017 which arrived yesterday after sitting in Portlaoise since Monday. Delighted with it. I absolutely adore it!

Picked up a nato today.

B726A37D-122B-4900-AB9A-E5A8E7CB67FC_zpsyfnxa62n.jpg

Omega nato worth the price tag? I suspect it is but won't be a popular opinion.

Omega nato worth the price tag? I suspect it is but won't be a popular opinion.

I'm impressed with it, but like everything omega 50% of the price is to pay for marketing. If feels quite stiff in comparison to other nato's I've tried, but I'd imagine it will soften with more wear. I still think the rubber strap is my preferred option for the PO, but it changes it up enough to keep me interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭fret_wimp2

I'm impressed with it, but like everything omega 50% of the price is to pay for marketing.

Is it really worth 65-75 quid*? I mean it's a nate, no matter how well it's put together it's still a nate, outside of having gold thread or some amazing technology, I'd say 30 quid would be a very pricy one.

The luxury markup tax on that has to be closer to 90%.

*Based on the price I see in Google,l divided by 2.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

If we get into the subject of "worth" in new watches(and vintage for that matter) we'd be here all day. :)

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 754 ✭✭✭mynameis905

fret_wimp2 wrote: »
    Is it really worth 65-75 quid*? I mean it's a nate, no matter how well it's put together it's still a nate, outside of having gold thread or some amazing technology, I'd say 30 quid would be a very pricy one.

The luxury markup tax on that has to be closer to 90%.

*Based on the price I see in Google,l divided by 2.

There's a review of an Omega NATO on r/watches (unboxing here imgur.com/a/S9QJb) that the guy shelled out $180 for, roughly €160.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,635 ✭✭✭✭dr.fuzzenstein

It took me all day to figure out you're talking about straps. Was thinking "That's very cheap for an Omega watch"

• Registered Users Posts: 994 ✭✭✭Mitch Buchannon

On the 1st June , Peasant started a thread advising Vostok had released a load of new models. So of course I had a look and within minutes I had ordered two watches.

Well 94 days after ordering they arrived this morning.

2r6d6jr.jpg

They are pretty much the same watch with different dials. I have only one other white dial so I fancied another.

It's the Vostok 120 case.
    41mm wide including crown guards.
    46mm lug to lug.
    18mm lug width.
    Waterproof 200m
    Automatic movement.

At the time of purchase it came with the option of rubber strap or nato strap. Like a dope I chose both on rubber instead of one on rubber and one on nato. It's typical that every spare strap I have is 20mm. I'll have to buy a few cheap 18mm nato's now.

These are my first Russian watches and based on first impressions they won't be my last.
    Apologies for the crappy iPhone pics below

2yxrgci.jpg

15xl53d.jpg

eumtra.jpg

2vtdtm8.jpg

2dl9ab9.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭musiknonstop

I have ordered the same Amphibia 120 with the black dial. I only have another 60 days to wait then.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement