Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Question Thread - Got a question? Ask here

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,028 ✭✭✭✭--LOS--

scruff321 wrote: »
    yea id say thats all im looking for a standard lobe piercing. i had my ears pierced before but that was with a gun, my friend told me he paid 90e to get both ears done is that normal price yea? he was saying i could get my ears pierced noramlly with the needle and in a month or so just buy the lobe pieces and put them in myself, he said that would be cheaper??

You want to stretch your ears but not too much, you've had your lobes pierced before but they've closed up, no???

• Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭scruff321

--LOS-- wrote: »
    You want to stretch your ears but not too much, you've had your lobes pierced before but they've closed up, no???

nah mate never had the stretched earlobes done, had my ears pierced years ago just with a gun, and wondering where i can get them done at a reasonable price because my friend got both his ears done just standard for 90e and someone here is saying that is very expensive..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

thats is very expensive. Personally I just put a needle through me far and it was grand. Dunno how much it costs to get it done.

nah mate never had the stretched earlobes done, had my ears pierced years ago just with a gun, and wondering where i can get them done at a reasonable price because my friend got both his ears done just standard for 90e and someone here is saying that is very expensive..

ah right, well I think youre right getting them done with a needle anyways. You wont have to specify the needle size, you can just get two little bars in your lobes. In snakebite thats 50euros for the 2, Im sure theres cheaper places and since its not a difficult piercing, maybe you'd want to check out somewhere cheaper that still does it with a needle.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭PlayGirl

Got my Tongue pierced yesterday, what can I definitely not eat? Is chocolate completely banned for the next 2 weeks?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭scruff321

--LOS-- wrote: »
    ah right, well I think youre right getting them done with a needle anyways. You wont have to specify the needle size, you can just get two little bars in your lobes. In snakebite thats 50euros for the 2, Im sure theres cheaper places and since its not a difficult piercing, maybe you'd want to check out somewhere cheaper that still does it with a needle.

cheers los,went onto their website there, the tube jewlery is expensive, i just want two little circular flat studs would they constitute as been tubes?

cheers los,went onto their website there, the tube jewlery is expensive, i just want two little circular flat studs would they constitute as been tubes?

they will use either rings or small barbells unlike the studs that are used with a piercing gun. rings are generally cheaper but if you want it to look like a stud, the barbells are probably what you want. The tubes are for stretched piercings. Im not saying theyre the cheapest place for just getting your lobes done, you can probably google different studios yourself to get a better deal, course you can get it dirt cheap pierced with a gun in the likes of that dump in the arcade but I wouldnt advocate that. Being pierced with a needle in a decent studio is just a lot more hygienic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 Solidarity

Righto.
    I'm going for a tongue piercing this week and I'm horrified at the thoughts of it however I'm growing a sac and getting it done, because I've wanted it done for ages!
    I've already got snake-bites, Noel from Tattoo Zoo did them for me?

Anyone have tongue piercing experiences with Noel or had their tongue done?

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭amber23

hey there,

i got a tattoo just last week down the back of my neck, i havent touched it and ive been really careful about not getting it wet etc, but my boyfriend noticed that it looks patchy, he has a tattoo himself and thinks that it wasnt done properly, should i wait for another week when its fully healed to see if it still looks the same or should i get the tattoo artist to go over it again asap? im presuming it would be free of charge if the shading wasnt done properly?? is there anything i could have done to make this happen myself? i havent picked at it at all as i cant even really reach it!

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

What have you been doing for aftercare?

You should leave it a little while to let it heal more before going back for touch-ups.

• Advertisement

What have you been doing for aftercare?

You should leave it a little while to let it heal more before going back for touch-ups.

ive been using vaseline intensive care lotion on it, cented free about 2 - 3 times a day, its not even peeling anymore and its only been a week, hardly scabbed up at all!

Well the peeling is what people generally mean by 'scabbing' on their tattoo. Did yours actually get some kind of scab, or did it just peel a little?

Well the peeling is what people generally mean by 'scabbing' on their tattoo. Did yours actually get some kind of scab, or did it just peel a little?

sorry thats what i meant, peeling, it didnt scab up or anything, just peeled a little, but i suppose i was expecting it to be worse! only peeled for about 2 days and its been completely grand since! thats why i was surprized by the patchyness

• Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭Aoifums

More questions about getting your eyebrow pierced.

Do most places use a clamp or not? Which is better, using a clamp or free hand? I've heard mixed reviews.

Is it done with a straight or curved barbell? How much would it cause migration to speed up. I've heard a straight barbell migrates faster than a curved one, but it it much faster or only a little?

How much will getting exfoliator or moisturizer in a fresh piercing hurt? Will that slow healing?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

clamp or free hand is totally up to the piercer's training and what they feel most comfortable doing.

will most likely be done with a curved barbell.

keep everything away from your new piercing, i mean everything make up, exfoliator the lot. you don't wanna to introduce possible infections or slow down healing. keep it fresh and clean with no stuff near it

• Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭unknown13

Aoifums wrote: »
    Do most places use a clamp or not? Which is better, using a clamp or free hand? I've heard mixed reviews.

The place where I got mine done used free hand and I personally wouldn't like it done with a clamp either.
    Is it done with a straight or curved barbell? How much would it cause migration to speed up. I've heard a straight barbell migrates faster than a curved one, but it it much faster or only a little?
    Curved because it conforms better with the skin in that area

Thanks.

I can't find the minimum ages for eyebrow piercings in Snakebite. Does anyone know what it is?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

It's 16 afaik, but I could be wrong. Again the telephone is a good friend :)

Fantastic! :D I didn't even think of the minimum age until about an hour ago

Fantastic! :D I didn't even think of the minimum age until about an hour ago

Check Wildcat's website as they have the ages posted and that would be a guide to the age. I was 17 when I got my eyebrow done in snakebite with no problems.

• Advertisement

Wildcat have their minimum ages up online. Snakebite don't seem to have them on their website

Wildcat have their minimum ages up online. Snakebite don't seem to have them on their website

The top studio's; Wildcat, Snakebite, Bodyshock etc will have similar rules in terms of ages. If it is 16 in Wildcat it will probably be 16 in Snakebite.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Not really a straight forward question, but it's my 18th in May and I'm getting a tattoo as my present :)

I've had this tattoo magazine that I got in Spain or somewhere for years and years just waiting for the day until I could get inked as there's a pic of a dragon in it that I love. Now I was just wondering is it bad form to ask an artist to copy someone elses work from a magazine? The dragon is just perfect and I'd love it done. Or should I show it to the artist and maybe they could put a twist on it or make it different?

Get them to do a variation on it, or draw you up something along the same lines.
    It is kinda bad form directly copying someone elses design.

Yeah that was what I was thinking alright.

Hi folks,

I have an eyebrow piercing (like this) nearly 3 months now and i need to be able to take it out for half hour or so tomorrow for a job interview.
    Ive tried twisting the ball and no joy, can somebody help me please?

Thanks.

go to piercer, get em to swtich it out with a clear piece should be fine

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

Hi folks,

I have an eyebrow piercing (like this) nearly 3 months now and i need to be able to take it out for half hour or so tomorrow for a job interview.
    Ive tried twisting the ball and no joy, can somebody help me please?

Thanks.
    when I was in school and actually turned up I used to put a piece of paper in it lol. Half an hour should be grand though to pop it out and put it back in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭NikNakOoo

Got a gorgeous tiger tattoo done 3 days ago on my back, which took 3 hours... anyway I've been nauseous ever since. :( Anyone felt the same after a tattoo? Any advice on what to do? I've got 2 others but they are tiny in comparison and gave me no bother.

Also any tips on moisturing the area as its a bit tricky to get to?

• Advertisement

Never felt like that after getting a tattoo, specially 3 days after. I suggest heading to your GP.

Ask a mate to put bepanthen on you using a latex/nitrile glove

Advertisement